LDRO

Instagram Updates

As people have already said, this isn't even about Lana for me. It's about acknowledging your platform and using your influence to encourage your followers to look into the situation and not just accept it or choose to opt-out. Racism isn't only an issue for PoC, but everyone, and simply having the choice to stay silent is a luxury. How would it feel to live in a supposedly free country where your brother, son, partner etc might go to the grocery store only to never return? How would it feel to know that because of something they were born with, they are not allowed to simply exist without having suspicion and accusation directed their way? And the ironic thing is, people are accepting of the culture they just aren't accepting of the people behind it which is the most painful part of all for me. It's like exoticism, enjoying the positives from afar but never being driven enough to go further in acknowledging the deep pain and struggles rooted in the fabric of this country that is the foundation of every part of the culture.

I respect Lana has her own issues to handle, but there comes a point when you have to demonstrate the kindness of your heart through your responses and not only your personal assertions.

I have to disagree that celebrities (and everyone for that matter) being vocal doesn't change anything or will be forgotten. This is exactly the kind of response that feeds suppression even though I know you're not intending to be dismissive.

I don't see it changing anything.

If it won't bring about gun control, which it wont because in the USA a large part of politics revolves around that and they need it to be an issue to get votes. They would then they need to eradicate poverty to fix it which they won't either as for as long as there are rich people there are poor people and when like 2,000 people in a country have more money than the other 300 million people combined or whatever the statistics are then poverty will exist.

While poverty exists, crime will exist and when crime exists with guns the problems are multiple times worse. When you enslaved a race then discriminated against them for 100s of years and then left them on the bottom then the problems will remain.

Did everyone calm down and understood that she's not obligated to post anything about what's happening?

She posted what she wanted about music and arts and received A LOT of backlash from stupid people who didn't understood her pov. I rather her to remain silent about this rn than say something and again have some idiots saying a lot of nonsense about/to her. God bless.

I think we all got that. From person to person, I think it'd be more effective and worthwhile if maybe u eased on generalities of who you call idiots and stupid people. Tryna mediate, but it just wouldn't sit w others well. and I get that you're allowed to say what you've said, but other posts sort of don't really help bridge anyone together. my opinion.. 

Of course no problem for me

great, thanks! 

UV/Honeymoon

I feel as if Lana is “scared” to speak about this sort of topic right now. Considering what happened recently where she was accused of coming for black artists she may think that people will assume she’s trying to portray a sort of unauthentic opinion. I agree though she should definitely advocate for the injustices within the American society, but also I feel like it’ll be more of a fuck up in some way. Damned if she do, damned if she don’t.

giphy.gif

I don't see it changing anything.

If it won't bring about gun control, which it wont because in the USA a large part of politics revolves around that and they need it to be an issue to get votes. They would then they need to eradicate poverty to fix it which they won't either as for as long as there are rich people there are poor people and when like 2,000 people in a country have more money than the other 300 million people combined or whatever the statistics are then poverty will exist.

While poverty exists, crime will exist and when crime exists with guns the problems are multiple times worse. When you enslaved a race then discriminated against them for 100s of years and then left them on the bottom then the problems will remain.

I don't disagree with any of the points you made, and also I wasn't really referring to politics. Although politics has a massive impact, it's easy to assume that so long as it is corrupted there's no point in trying to exercise our personal power. Personal power isn't your privilege, but freedom of thought. The minute you let that be taken from you is the minute you give in to complacency. And as for history, that is set in stone. The current generation cannot go back and change it. But if we give in to history as a cycle we can't influence that is destined to repeat itself, then you're right. Nothing will change.

giphy.gif

I know it'd be helpful to have a BLM thread on the forum here if anything. There are another 22 members on here. Can someone more qualified make it?

maybe you can make a thread about lana's politics in general? you seem to have a lot of the main points lined up about anyway

maybe you can make a thread about lana's politics in general? you seem to have a lot of the main points lined up about anyway

mm yeah but there's already a thread about it in the Lana Thoughts(?) section. I just wanted to be able to have a post or something to keep everyone up to speed easier. As long as people are here and the discussion's steered here, might as well make it easier for others to get caught up and join if they wanted to. 

UV/Honeymoon

I think we all got that. From person to person, I think it'd be more effective and worthwhile if maybe u eased on generalities of who you call idiots and stupid people. Tryna mediate, but it just wouldn't sit w others well. and I get that you're allowed to say what you've said, but other posts sort of don't really help bridge anyone together. my opinion.. 

great, thanks! 

I'm not trying to offend anyone in here, actually when I said those things before it was bc of everyone around the internet (not on LB cause I didn't saw what happened here) who criticized her for her IG posts.

I just saw the mess that was on my facebook w/ everyone dragging her to the mud and saying she's a b*tch and should shut up etc. People were really angry and offended her because of nothing.

Everything I wrote here before was bc of those people on facebook and twitter. Not related to anyone here on LB and not trying to offend anyone here (and if someone got offended, i'm really sorry). Peace and love <3 

original.gif

I don't disagree with any of the points you made, and also I wasn't really referring to politics. Although politics has a massive impact, it's easy to assume that so long as it is corrupted there's no point in trying to exercise our personal power. Personal power isn't your privilege, but freedom of thought. The minute you let that be taken from you is the minute you give in to complacency. And as for history, that is set in stone. The current generation cannot go back and change it. But if we give in to history as a cycle we can't influence that is destined to repeat itself, then you're right. Nothing will change.

Yeah, I think just saying things doesn't actually work though or even donating money to causes. All this stems back to two main Government issues and the Government won't do anything about them until they are forced into it by having no choice. Protests, petitions and donations have never worked, you need to actually take action and you need to stick with it all the way until the people in charge decide enough is enough and they have to give in. Like these protests they could enforce change if they go on and even get worse, if people continue to protest violently smashing places up, burning places down for months or years eventually something big would happen but people won't do it. Things will eventually die down,  get cleaned up and the same things will go on again for decades to come.

I'm not trying to offend anyone in here, actually when I said those things before it was bc of everyone around the internet (not on LB cause I didn't saw what happened here) who criticized her for her IG posts.

I just saw the mess that was on my facebook w/ everyone dragging her to the mud and saying she's a b*tch and should shut up etc. People were really angry and offended her because of nothing.

Everything I wrote here before was bc of those people on facebook and twitter. Not related to anyone here on LB and not trying to offend anyone here (and if someone got offended, i'm really sorry). Peace and love <3 

alright. not to b condescending or anything, but u were already warned by a mod, and well the homophobe comment although maybe well-meaning, could be misconstrued. just a head's up. be well too. if it's all the same to you, I'm just gonna let the current convo flow

UV/Honeymoon

I feel as if Lana is “scared” to speak about this sort of topic right now. Considering what happened recently where she was accused of coming for black artists she may think that people will assume she’s trying to portray a sort of unauthentic opinion. I agree though she should definitely advocate for the injustices within the American society, but also I feel like it’ll be more of a fuck up in some way. Damned if she do, damned if she don’t.

Exactly, she already received a lot of backlash bc of her latest posts. She don't need more backlash, bc I know a lot of people would say horrible things to/about her bc they think they're the only ones that are right, they would call her a racist (really, I don't know where they got this from hahaha), they would call her a fake, and she don't need any of this.

I rather her to remain silent and focus on COCC, or if she wanna donate something then she can do it quietly. People say she should speak about it, say ''hey look I donated for this cause'', but people from outside (the ones who aren't fans) would call her a hypocrate. Also she's not obligated to say out loud she did something, a lot of artists donate etc and remain silent. What's worth is the intention, that's all.

original.gif

Yeah, I think just saying things doesn't actually work though or even donating money to causes. All this stems back to two main Government issues and the Government won't do anything about them until they are forced into it by having no choice. Protests, petitions and donations have never worked, you need to actually take action and you need to stick with it all the way until the people in charge decide enough is enough and they have to give in. Like these protests they could enforce change if they go on and even get worse, if people continue to protest violently smashing places up, burning places down for months or years eventually something big would happen but people won't do it. Things will eventually die down,  get cleaned up and the same things will go on again for decades to come.

I do see the truth in what you're saying and agree that too many people are all talk and when it comes down to making changes or doing something difficult they won't change until they are forced too. Conversation/ petitions/ money are only responding, not addressing the root of the problem. What they can do, however, is spread awareness/allow different perspectives to be considered/act as an impetus. And then we can only hope that awareness leads to actions that force the institutions of power to respond.

giphy.gif

I'm really happy to see people more critical of Lana's politics though I'm still more bothered by her not addressing her own personal missteps related to racism than her not addressing the racism of others. The argument that people with large platforms should be using them to raise awareness is well taken, but I'm honestly curious why a consensus seems to be forming around Lana having an obligation to raise awareness about this particular issue. Why not Michael Brown, Philando Castile, Walter Scott, Tamir Rice, Eric Harris, Laquan McDonald, Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin, Sandra Bland, Terence Crutcher, Ahmaud Arbery, Botham Jean, etc. etc. Why not the oppression of Palestinians in Israel? Kids in cages? Drone killings under Obama? Indefinite detainees rotting in Gitmo without a trial?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

She totally needs to post about it but she is afraid of the backlash,and I don't think it has to do with her career at all but about her mental health. I am aware thatvmental health isn't an excuse for not addressing a crucial situation like that but who knows what does she feels like. I just hope she will make a post with her honest opinion, and whatever happens, people who want her to be racist will consider her as racist either way but at least she would do the right thing.

Also I know it's not good to judge her mental health without knowing her personally but she seemed kinda unstable in her latest post.

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

a little reminder to some people that she's made public statements before...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B0zMqeRBF6X/

Hi folks came back early from Montecito with my brother this morning and asked Jack Antonoff to come into town because I had a song on my mind that I wanted to write.Now I know I’m not a politician and I’m not trying to be so excuse me for having an opinion- but in light of all of the mass shootings and the back to back shootings in the last couple of days which really affected me on a cellular level I just wanted to post this video that our engineer Laura took 20 minutes ago. I hope you like it. I’m singing love to the choruses I recorded this morning. I’m going to call it ‘Looking for America ‘

@jackantonoff

@sharp_stick

https://www.instagram.com/p/B080tuJB90G/

thinking of everyone today we finished recording our song and just put it up.All my proceeds from this song will go to Gilroy garlic festival victims relief fund, El Paso community relief fund and Dayton foundation

X

I’m thinking of the victims and the families involved in the shooting in Thousand Oaks last night. It’s really scary to have something so horrific happened so close to home especially after so many mass shootings this year. Sending so much love— Lana Del Rey (@LanaDelRey) November 8, 2018

But could a person as good intentioned as I not perhaps with my presence bring attention to the fact that something should change and that a singer with a loving energy can help shift the energetic vibration of a location for the higher good even if it’s just for a minute?— Lana Del Rey (@LanaDelRey) August 19, 2018

I can easily state that I don’t believe in oppression or murder in any form anywhere. That should be obvious when considering an artist like me. So there you go that’s my public statement.— Lana Del Rey (@LanaDelRey) August 19, 2018

That one user making that racist post censoring the word black and saying it's ok if Lana is racist as long as she's not homophobic trying to excuse themself by saying their comment ''wasn't meant to offend anyone''.. 

That one user making that racist post censoring the word black and saying it's ok if Lana is racist as long as she's not homophobic trying to excuse themself by saying their comment ''wasn't meant to offend anyone''.. 

:deadbanana: what who said that

image.png

a little reminder to some people that she's made public statements before...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B0zMqeRBF6X/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B080tuJB90G/

Ok and? The events in these posts are not the same thing that is happening now. Also, the last two statements do not help her case.

I really don’t get why stans are so determined to justify everything she does :/