LDRO

Instagram Updates

I mean for me it's less about elitism/favouritism/privacy than it is about the fact that she posted this big dramatic video about leaving sm with the subtext that it's toxic and takes up too much of her time and now three weeks later she's back on there posting content on a private account that she'd usually post on her main anyway

So to me it all seems very unnecessary, because nothing has changed except the account she's posting on. For whatever reason, it's making many fans feel excluded (and that's valid and people are allowed to feel that way)

And the goody two shoes can defend her all they want on the basis that they UnDeRsTaNd and she was thinking this or intending that, but those are her actions and you can't dispute them 

Good day

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

6 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

it’s my birthday on tuesday, the best gift ever would be someone giving me an old account of theirs that follows Honeymoon… just saying…. :trisha:

Omg happy birthday!!!! :party:?
Mine is next week too, on Thursday! Any other birthday girlies this month?? We should collectively use our heightened powers to manifest something :oprah3:

UbsOye5.png

47 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean for me it's less about elitism/favouritism/privacy than it is about the fact that she posted this big dramatic video about leaving sm with the subtext that it's toxic and takes up too much of her time and now three weeks later she's back on there posting content on a private account that she'd usually post on her main anyway

So to me it all seems very unnecessary, because nothing has changed except the account she's posting on. For whatever reason, it's making many fans feel excluded (and that's valid and people are allowed to feel that way)

And the goody two shoes can defend her all they want on the basis that they UnDeRsTaNd and she was thinking this or intending that, but those are her actions and you can't dispute them 

Good day

Lmao but is this new tho? The bolded part, I mean.

Have y'all forgotten she did the same after Chemtrails dropped/during release week, saying something along the lines "I'll be running w the wolves" implying she'd be taking a break from social media/wouldn't be so active on it? You're right abt fans having the right to feel excluded but they don't have the right to rage and whine abt how her moving to honeymoon is elitist. And it's not even that big of a deal tho, I'd get it if she started to engage a lot w fans on that acc, replying to them/exchanging DMs/liking comments, but let's not act like she doesn't engage with the same circle of fans. In that sense, it's not really that big of a difference following a news update acc and following her private acc.

Also, she's a cancer, ofc she's gonna make it seem more dramatic than it actually is, yk? :coffee:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

34 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Good day

Fr it does seem pointless of her to leave her main acc if she's just gonna carry on posting anyway lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

45 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Good day

The thing that's changed though is who is able to interact with her posts. Maybe she's been noticing a toxicity that she hasn't seen on her posts until more recently. She's often spoken about her negative relationship with media companies, but recently it's been with some "fans" as well (QFTC, the mesh mask, etc.). I remember the day before she left on 9/11, someone commented on her Capitol Records pic on Twitter "make better music." Maybe to her, it wasn't the posting that took up too much of her time, but the negative energy she got from allowing all of those people who had access to her account to interact with her posts. Let's be real here, posting car selfies, throwback pics, and happy birthday posts weren't taking up too much of her time. It was the negative energy that hurt her creative process during a time that she's clearly busy. As she said, she's pursuing many "different endeavors" 

i think the difference with posting on the honeymoon account is that it has way less followers, and only fans who are truly invested in her really know about it, so it will give her a little more privacy, she won't be receiving nearly as much negative & toxic comments on her honeymoon account because not everybody is aware of it, and she only left it open for a few minutes to give people the opportunity, i can see why she just wouldn't let it open for everybody to find & comment on, she isn't obligated to keep it open either, i can understand feeling a little disappointed if you missed the very small window of time to follow her, but you truly aren't missing anything, and any updates accounts, or just this thread, will give you any update you need if she does post again, and even though she did say she was deactivating/taking a break, she isn't under any real obligation to stay true to her word about that, i just don't see why any of this is a big deal, if people geniunely feel hurt or bothered by the fact that they can't follow a singer's instagram account, maybe they need to re-evaluate how they view their relationship with the singer, somebody who they don't even know

WGe8ynS.gif

This drama is unwarranted… dare I say entitled….. okay so a world famous celeb, who probably got 10k follow requests in 2 mins, didn’t see yours specifically so now you won’t be able to comment on her posts and have a one in a million chance she’ll see it and reply or like it… girl idk… this is stupid. If she wants to keep her circle small and still be sociable w her fans that’s quite understandable. I really don’t think this is as big a deal as y’all are making it out to be. Maybe YOU should take a social media break :tommy: write her physical fan mail im sure she’d appreciate that more than some 5 word insta comment 

UbsOye5.png

4 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

This drama is unwarranted… dare I say entitled….. okay so a world famous celeb, who probably got 10k follow requests in 2 mins, didn’t see yours specifically so now you won’t be able to comment on her posts and have a one in a million chance she’ll see it and reply or like it… girl idk… this is stupid. If she wants to keep her circle small and still be sociable w her fans that’s quite understandable. I really don’t think this is as big a deal as y’all are making it out to be. Maybe YOU should take a social media break :tommy: write her physical fan mail im sure she’d appreciate that more than some 5 word insta comment 

not to mention, instagram itself might've automatically cancelled out the requests once she opened the account, it's not like she saw the thousands of requests & actively decided to cancel each & every one of them before opening the account, it's really not that deep or that personal :tsk:

WGe8ynS.gif

13 minutes ago, UhaulJ0e said:

The thing that's changed though is who is able to interact with her posts. Maybe she's been noticing a toxicity that she hasn't seen on her posts until more recently. She's often spoken about her negative relationship with media companies, but recently it's been with some "fans" as well (QFTC, the mesh mask, etc.). I remember the day before she left on 9/11, someone commented on her Capitol Records pic on Twitter "make better music." Maybe to her, it wasn't the posting that took up too much of her time, but the negative energy she got from allowing all of those people who had access to her account to interact with her posts. 

Okay but the defence here when she posted the video was, "she wants her REAL FANS to know why she's leaving and her REAL FANS will understand!"

And now that's changed to, "She's posting on Honeymoon because she wants the audience to be her REAL FANS!"

If that's the case then there was no need to make a big kerfuffle about leaving (but as @Yosemite said, very Cancerian)

She's basically done the equivalent of someone on this board posting a big dramatic status about how they're leaving, and then they go on voluntary leave instead of just logging off and THEN they come back 2 months later exactly the same as they were before :smokes2:

Anyways imo she'll be back on her main next week or something so this isn't worth discussing further

31 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Also, she's a cancer, ofc she's gonna make it seem more dramatic than it actually is, yk? :coffee:

cancer with a fucking leo moon that combination is... something :coffee:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

maybe we should just be grateful about the fact that she posted at all? especially using the "honeymoon" account? when she announced she was deactivating we were all quite upset about it, now that she's made a return of sorts, some people feel the need to critically analyze it, or even make claims of favoritism & elitism? why not we just be happy that she posted those cute pictures at all (which obviously you can see & know about whether you follow the account or not) and just enjoy it? she didn't have to post at all, or revive the honeymoon account, she could've let the account inactive and never logged into it again, i feel like some people will always find something to criticize or over-analyze when it comes to her

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

cancer with a fucking leo moon that combination is... something :coffee:

Lmao oh, definitely.

The way I forgot abt her moon for a second... most of the stuff she does/says it's her moon's fault, that I'm sure of :awkney:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Whining over not being able to see what photos a 34 year old woman is posting on a little computer you keep in your pocket is a little elitist ridiculous. Please go forest bathing or take a nice walk without your phone. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Okay but the defence here when she posted the video was, "she wants her REAL FANS to know why she's leaving and her REAL FANS will understand!"

And now that's changed to, "She's posting on Honeymoon because she wants the audience to be her REAL FANS!"

If that's the case then there was no need to make a big kerfuffle about leaving (but as @Yosemite said, very Cancerian)

She's basically done the equivalent of someone on this board posting a big dramatic status about how they're leaving, and then they go on voluntary leave instead of just logging off and THEN they come back 2 months later exactly the same as they were before :smokes2:

Anyways imo she'll be back on her main next week or something so this isn't worth discussing further

I didn't make any comments here when she left, so I can't really speak to the previous "defense" of her actions you're referring to (despite it being her choice so really no defense is needed), but to that I'll just say that I think it's pretty out there to think she masterminded this entire plan to leave and then come back to honeymoon for her "real fans." I'm not going to pretend to know her,  but that's obviously not what she intended when she left. She probably felt like she missed social media after even a small break, but didn't want to get back into posting where she got a bunch of toxic comments that hurt her creative process. 

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Whining over not being able to see what photos a 34 year old woman is posting on a little computer you keep in your pocket is a little elitist ridiculous. Please go forest bathing or take a nice walk without your phone. 

Spoiler

she's actually 36! just a friendly correction! :) 

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, UhaulJ0e said:

I didn't make any comments here when she left, so I can't really speak to the previous "defense" of her actions you're referring to (despite it being her choice so really no defense is needed), but to that I'll just say that I think it's pretty out there to think she masterminded this entire plan to leave and then come back to honeymoon for her "real fans." I'm not going to pretend to know her,  but that's obviously not what she intended when she left. She probably felt like she missed social media after even a small break, but didn't want to get back into posting where she got a bunch of toxic comments that hurt her creative process. 

I didn't say - and don't think - she planned it

I was just noting that all of the drama seems very unnecessary now

And it'll be even more unnecessary when she reactivates her main on October 17, too :oic2:

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

A joke about elitism from the guy whose entire persona is all about Swiss boarding school and luxury goods and a cross-contintental affluent family is funny, though

Good work

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

A joke about elitism from the guy whose entire persona is all about Swiss boarding school and luxury goods and a cross-contintental affluent family is funny, though

Good work

why are you assuming anything about his personal life? or using your assumptions about his personal life against him over a little comment on a lana forum? c'mon now, this is very immature :bye: especially since it doesn't even make any sense, how is his entire personality "boarding schools, luxury goods, & affluence"? nothing he has ever said here makes him seem like that :bye: 

WGe8ynS.gif