LDRO

Instagram Updates

This mutual twitter follower of mine had the audacity to say that if you’re a lana del rey fan you’re classified as “racist”... this is fucking ignorant. This is the same mutual who has “slayyyter” tatted on their lips who, mind you, was exposed for running an actual racist twitter account and making horrid racist comments towards the black community. Lana has bee severely tone deaf, but she is not a racist in any means.

giphy.gif

When newspapers write a story BUT do not explain to people the reason WHY that person said such words,

then all hell breaks loose. Some people will want to kill you and burn you without even knowing the real truth.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/when-john-lennons-more-popular-than-jesus-controversy-turned-ugly-106430/

-

This mutual twitter follower of mine had the audacity to say that if you’re a lana del rey fan you’re classified as “racist”... this is fucking ignorant. This is the same mutual who has “slayyyter” tatted on their lips who, mind you, was exposed for running an actual racist twitter account and making horrid racist comments towards the black community. Lana has bee severely tone deaf, but she is not a racist in any means.

petition for lana stans to be called reycists!

kySyfQZ.jpg

The sad thing is a lot of these celebrities think they are doing something when they are pretty much all equally doing absolutley nothing. The protests in the end will most likely end up doing nothing.

The celebrities donating money should already have been doing stuff before and they should be doing things that make a real difference, charity has been proven over a long long time never to work.You will achieve nothing spreading $3,000 over hundreds or thousands of people even if 10,000 people donate $3,000 it doesn't change anything.

If these celebrities genuinely wanted to improve society and help people they need to provide poor people jobs on livable wages. Nothing is stopping Beyonce from taking over 50 McDonalds and paying the employees $25 per hour for example and by doing something like that she'd probably directly help like 1,000 poor people make enough money to live well and save enough money where they would no longer be stuck in poverty. Other than the initial outlay it wouldn't cost her anything as it would essentially become a non profit that exists solely to provide well paying jobs.

Thats the kind of stuff celebrities need to do. They probably have the power where for a small % of their wealth they could prove 1 million poor americans the chance to get out of poverty probably even more with long term stable jobs.

Generationally rich people and billionaires wouldn''t want this though as they need poor people to work for them, celebrities or rich people who grew up poor should be wanting to help "their own".

This is probably not the right thread to talk about this, but I just want to say that this is a pretty stupid take. It is not the job of any celebrity to provide better wages. That's what politicans are suppsoed to do. You know the people, who are supposed to represent your interests and can actually change something. Celebrities are not lawmakers lmao

Donating, amplify voices and/or activism is all they can do. Everything else is up to the people and how they vote tbh

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

This is probably not the right thread to talk about this, but I just want to say that this is a pretty stupid take. It is not the job of any celebrity to provide better wages. That's what politicans are suppsoed to do. You know the people, who are supposed to represent your interests and can actually change something. Celebrities are not lawmakers lmao

Donating, amplify voices and/or activism is all they can do. Everything else is up to the people and how they vote tbh

I think it's connected in a way that Lana's a celebrity/artist as well. I'm pretty sure Barry means well too.

I honestly think Kim K's amazing for being able to playing an integral part in Alice Marie's granted clemency. Just saying. Would be an amazing feat if Lana were able to pull something off like that is what probably everyone's thinking about after that sentence more or less. I think that might be a celebrity to politics sweet spot. 

Cue the sarcasm etc. but hey, legit no pressure, it feels like, and w the upcoming record and poetry books that's she's just getting started. I honestly just wish the internet'd be more patient w her. two cents

UV/Honeymoon

I never said it was their job or what they were supposed to do. Just said thats what they need to do if they want to help people. Politicians won't, thats been being done for hundreds/thousands of years and it hasn't worked. Voting changes nothing and neither does donating or activism.

There has been literally no difference between Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump in America, it's 99% the exact same and it will be whoever they vote.

Someone said Melanie unfollowed Lana...like we care about that possible rapist and already very psychologically damaged person xoxo

she unfollowed before the yesterday's mess 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

This is not to the place to discuss this but this thread seems to be the only place to talk about it so I apologise in advance. Me and my friend are releasing our font tomorrow. We want to act, so when this Insta account promoting designers said they're willing to promote design works that pledge to donate part of the funds to a BLM organisation, we were interested. I'm having a mild dispute with my friend re: the fact that we're both white and don't want to take the place of black designers. She says it's for everybody, and that it's the point, everybody should step up, but I'm terrified of acting up because again I don't want to take the place of a black designer. We have pledged to send 2€ for each 25 sales of the font to a BLM organisation.

I would love takes on this, especially from persons of colour. I already made some mistakes in the past, and would love to educate myself more on the subject. I haven't sent the email yet. I just don't want to make this about ourselves, and basically use our voice for clout, but I also want to act.

ZKcaooE.png

This is not to the place to discuss this but this thread seems to be the only place to talk about it so I apologise in advance. Me and my friend are releasing our font tomorrow. We want to act, so when this Insta account promoting designers said they're willing to promote design works that pledge to donate part of the funds to a BLM organisation, we were interested. I'm having a mild dispute with my friend re: the fact that we're both white and don't want to take the place of black designers. She says it's for everybody, and that it's the point, everybody should step up, but I'm terrified of acting up because again I don't want to take the place of a black designer. We have pledged to send 2€ for each 25 sales of the font to a BLM organisation.

I would love takes on this, especially from persons of colour. I already made some mistakes in the past, and would love to educate myself more on the subject. I haven't sent the email yet. I just don't want to make this about ourselves, and basically use our voice for clout, but I also want to act.

I don't know the right answer but I'd be keeping an eye your friend as they seem far less concerned than you about it. 

Idgaf about twitter. She actually went out and protested, that's more than these other celebrities are doing. And no, she didn't post those looters on purpose. Ppl on twitter are ridiculous for insinuating that lmfao.

Reading some news, I came across this here...

https://www.ccn.com/we-need-to-talk-about-the-vilification-of-lana-del-rey/

Lmao that article is probably written by a stan. Her post was problematic, she should have thought twice about how to adress her frustrations.

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

As much as I understand how the video of the looting was problematic, the twitter antics need to fucking stop, she deleted the video quite quickly. Can these weak ass people not concentrate on the real problem at hand and not concentrate on a celebrity for gods sake and not put more hate into this already tense world

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds: