Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Um can we not with this 15 months shit, she didn't make a blood pact with Satan about that, she could very much change her mind about that timeframe. We cant expect she'"ll release an album every 15 months for the rest of her life lol. She says a lot of shit that never happens.

this a million times. i honestly never took her seriously when she said that..

Tbh, this ^^^

I think the whole 15 months thing was more of a personal goal for her, to try and create her albums within that kind of time frame. It was just a loose statement, not a set in stone contract....

Plus, y'all need to remember that this is the girl that lied about her date of birth and age, as well as the year(s) she wrote a bunch of her unreleased songs.... If you can't trust her with those details then why would you trust this 15 months thing?

I'll give you a tip, take her own advice... "trust no one"... y'all are getting your hopes up for a new album in the next month when  there's been 0 confirmation about any new material, except from one tweet from some irrelevant ass radio presenter, who by the way, has been wrong in the past about release dates.

I wouldn't mind if she would release a new album next month and then the 15 month thing can stop for me.

I think I really want a new album from her is because I don't really like HM.

Mfhp.gif

Quote me on this: she'll release a single in late April, and an album in July. 
I feel like she's being tightlipped about her music because she's not working on much right now. Which is totally fine. 
I also think she's gonna do another longform video, Tropico style. 

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Quote me on this: she'll release a single in late April, and an album in July. 

I feel like she's being tightlipped about her music because she's not working on much right now. Which is totally fine. 

I also think she's gonna do another longform video, Tropico style. 

Nah, it's too far.

giphy.gif

i'm just hoping we get a few late night performances - hopefully she switches it up this time and just performs her favorites from the album vs. the single. maybe do a little 30 min. special and perform 3 songs and talk about the last year leading up to the album... (from my mouth to gods ears!)

i was really hoping for a november/december release but i realized that's cause this is gonna be my first year in 5 years without a 1d album being released then ,,,,, i was trying to fill the void lmao

but the more i think about it april and july sounds really nice, i just hope we can get some new leaks between those months to hold us over lmao or maybe a video (another tropico would be soooo great)

UbsOye5.png

I want a Carpool Karaoke.  :defeated:

Would probably be the new single, Video Games, Born To Die, Summertime Sadness, Young & Beautiful, maybe West Coast and a cover.  :toofunny:

JAMES is a bit of a troll though - he'd probably throw in GO GO DANCER and be like 'LANA - EXPLAIN YOURSELF!" 

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

JAMES is a bit of a troll though - he'd probably throw in GO GO DANCER and be like 'LANA - EXPLAIN YOURSELF!" 

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

:thumb3:  :thumb3:  :thumb3:

Imagine him choosing Go Go Dancer, Cola, Serial Killer (mostly because of the moan), Gods & Monsters, FMWUTTT, Driving In Cars With Boys and Is It Wrong.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

:thumb3:  :thumb3:  :thumb3:

Imagine him choosing Go Go Dancer, Cola, Serial Killer (mostly because of the moan), Gods & Monsters, FMWUTTT, Driving In Cars With Boys and Is It Wro

I want a Carpool Karaoke.  :defeated:

Would probably be the new single, Video Games, Born To Die, Summertime Sadness, Young & Beautiful, maybe West Coast and a cover.  :toofunny:

tbh is lana famous enough/mainstream enough to do a carpool karaoke he seems to only do mainstream ppl

While she doesn't necessary need to do this, it would be so nice if she released proper music videos and visuals for her new album. Look how many videos she did for BTD and Paradise and compare that to UV and HM. There's so many different music videos she could do for the songs from both of these albums and what do we have? Some good ones, 1 frankenstein music video where half of the video is literally just girls swimming around in a pool to a plain piano music and 1 iphone recording. Neither of those albums deserve that. Also it would also be nice if she could perform her new songs live instead of the same 10 ones. There's a bunch of videos of her singing Carmen live but none for over the half of HM. Am I asking too much?

While she doesn't necessary need to do this, it would be so nice if she released proper music videos and visuals for her new album. Look how many videos she did for BTD and Paradise and compare that to UV and HM. There's so many different music videos she could do for the songs from both of these albums and what do we have? Some good ones, 1 frankenstein music video where half of the video is literally just girls swimming around in a pool to a plain piano music and 1 iphone recording. Neither of those albums deserve that. Also it would also be nice if she could perform her new songs live instead of the same 10 ones. There's a bunch of videos of her singing Carmen live but none for over the half of HM. Am I asking too much?

you are not - she could have at least performed MTWBT. I'm a little upset that she didn't perform at at the OHANA FESTIVAL. Would have slayed everyone on that beach from all the contact high that night. 

Someone above bitched about Lana forgetting a lyric or the band not having rehearsed a song.

Recently, Bruce Springsteen (I am sure you all have heard of him), let the world in on a secret I know I wasn't aware of.

Bruce can sing any song in the world on stage, the band knows all the chords, thousands and thousands.

Wanna know why???

Because he has someone in the production area who hears the crowd call out a song, Bruce gives a cue (and in advance knows it will start in 30 seconds),

and on the teleprompter he and the band has, voila, the lyrics and chords show up. Sometimes Bruce does solo, sometimes the band.

But Bruce has the lyrics of anything.

No wonder in Australia when someone yelled for him to sing "Royals" by Lorde, he and the band were able to do it.

My heart sank. It's cheating.

Lana sings from the heart on stage, no one can memorize lyrics of their entire list of songs even though she wrote it.

It's like asking DiCaprio to recite the entire lines from Titanic years later.

Which would people have?

I would rather not have people reading it, but singing it from the heart. Miss a few lyrics? So what, it shows its live andnot lip synched like some of the dance acts

that do cartwheels and then people think they can still sing upside down.

And with just a band, and not an orchestra, or not with strings, one cannot recreate as it is done on album, those strings or woods or whatever.

"So I push record and watch you leave"

You can't do that on stage, but creating in the studio,

wow

would love to see her sessions deconstructed like they did in the documentary of the Wrecking Crew, and also in the recent Brian Wilson movie, showing

an entire song, and how it was done, one section at a time

(and needing either a full orchestra on stage, or having music piped in

(Elton needs to do that of course, on Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Someone above bitched about Lana forgetting a lyric or the band not having rehearsed a song.

Recently, Bruce Springsteen (I am sure you all have heard of him), let the world in on a secret I know I wasn't aware of.

Bruce can sing any song in the world on stage, the band knows all the chords, thousands and thousands.

Wanna know why???

Because he has someone in the production area who hears the crowd call out a song, Bruce gives a cue (and in advance knows it will start in 30 seconds),

and on the teleprompter he and the band has, voila, the lyrics and chords show up. Sometimes Bruce does solo, sometimes the band.

But Bruce has the lyrics of anything.

No wonder in Australia when someone yelled for him to sing "Royals" by Lorde, he and the band were able to do it.

My heart sank. It's cheating.

Lana sings from the heart on stage, no one can memorize lyrics of their entire list of songs even though she wrote it.

It's like asking DiCaprio to recite the entire lines from Titanic years later.

Which would people have?

I would rather not have people reading it, but singing it from the heart. Miss a few lyrics? So what, it shows its live andnot lip synched like some of the dance acts

that do cartwheels and then people think they can still sing upside down.

And with just a band, and not an orchestra, or not with strings, one cannot recreate as it is done on album, those strings or woods or whatever.

wow

would love to see her sessions deconstructed like they did in the documentary of the Wrecking Crew, and also in the recent Brian Wilson movie, showing

an entire song, and how it was done, one section at a time

(and needing either a full orchestra on stage, or having music piped in

(Elton needs to do that of course, on Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding).

well LEGEND X forgets lyrics ... Lana is just on her way to being a LEGEND. #shithappens 

wow

While I agree with some of the points you made, I'd like to point out that she has sang Young and Beautiful live, a song which features a whole orchestra of instruments, with that small band. So she is able to perform songs that contain instruments which aren't not be available during the performance. A bunch of her songs sound different live than in studio. 

i'm just hoping we get a few late night performances - hopefully she switches it up this time and just performs her favorites from the album vs. the single. maybe do a little 30 min. special and perform 3 songs and talk about the last year leading up to the album... (from my mouth to gods ears!)

sis this will never happen  :defeated: