Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I really feel like this is LDR6 hahaha

Like, Paradise was an EP for marketing strategies, to mantain BTD in the top charts for a longer time and help Lana build a solid name after all the media bullshit, but the album has a vision on itself that completely differs from BTD. It tells a complete story, and I feel like Lana said herself somewhere that she felt it was a stand-alone album. Besides, it has 9 songs (if you count Burning Desire), it's barely long enough to be a stand-alone. I'm pretty sure Lana even had more songs around the time (we heard some demos that were taken out, and maybe there's even more that didn't leak) but if she put them on, the EP would have turned into an album and it wouldn't fit with the maketing purpose of the time.

I wrote an analysis about Paradise to a fansite I admin a few years ago, but it's in portuguese, so I think most of you wouldn't understand, that's why I don't share it here (if anyone wants it either way, I can send you :D )

It’s gonna happen. It is not a new album, but an after thought, it’s the ‘Paradise Edition’ of Born To Die. It’s going to be like 7 new songs, which makes the final statement of the thoughts I was putting across [in Born To Die]. It’s beautiful. I’ve been writing for 7 months now.

(she says that at 12:07)

But I see where you're coming from; eight (or nine) songs is quite a lot for an EP. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Fight me :creep: And if anyone has to kiss anyone I'm ready to sacrifice and kiss both you and Lana I won't mind  :oopna:

I will fight you, I will win, I will rise again, soar in the wind...

:brows: :kiss2:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I see this as LDR5 but don't count LDRAKA because she wasn't even REY back then. You can't buy it either, and BtD is the beginning of her current form, so btd is ldr1.

I count paradise as separate because it genuinely differs a lot from BTD, and has different religious themes and cutting lyrics. So Paradise is ldr2 in my eyes, even though it is just an ep.

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I count paradise as separate because it genuinely differs a lot from BTD, and has different religious themes and cutting lyrics. So Paradise is ldr2 in my eyes, even though it is just an ep.

well lana herself said paradise stands alone - sooooo -  :smokes:

yall really gonna start fighting again about what number album this is  :oprah2:  :oprah2:  

is responding with facts considered a fight?

:smokes:

you sure are reaching .. hopefully you got a good stretch over there.

yall really gonna start fighting again about what number album this is :oprah2: :oprah2:

I mean Lana Del Rey has released 3 albums (Born to Die, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon) and 2 EPs (self-titled, Paradise). I don't know why people are still trying to make AKA and Paradise happen. :oprah3:

Lana Del Ray: She released it under a different stage name and persona basically. Also it's not like any of us knew about her back then, so... :rip:

Paradise: EPs can still be stand-alone productions. Considering it an album won't make it better or give it more credibility.

Paradise is not an EP though. Interscope used the same strategy like they did with Gaga for The Fame Monster. Technically, counting the tracks, it is an LP by definiton. Interscope just sells it as an EP so the sales get added to Born To Die.

So next album is LDR5

image.png

Paradise is not an EP though. Interscope used the same strategy like they did with Gaga for The Fame Monster. Technically, counting the tracks, it is an LP by definiton. Interscope just sells it as an EP so the sales get added to Born To Die.

So next album is LDR5

You're saying it right there, it was officially released as an EP.

I know there's (really short) albums with 9 tracks, but Paradise was sold as an EP. It didn't get the album treatment. And there's nothing wrong with that...

You're saying it right there, it was officially released as an EP.

I know there's (really short) albums with 9 tracks, but Paradise was sold as an EP. It didn't get the album treatment. And there's nothing wrong with that...

it just feels wrong to me to declare Paradise an EP. When I got interested in Lana with Ultraviolence I thought it was her 3rd album, so Paradise will always be LDR2 for me :rip: 

image.png

It's really a coincidence but this whole thing gives me 2014 Ultraviolence vibes bc: 

1. Media had mistaken the first single for MMINTPM (Wild Side)  and after that she announced the official one - West Coast (she told eclipse the name of the single, "vintage kids" maybe?) 

2. She debuted West Coast at Coachella (we have Corona Festival coming and setlist is longer with 15 min than usual) 

3. She spilled some tea about the album to fans - the "unlistenable" PM (she talked with eclipse a lot about the album) 

I'm excited af  :excited:

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif