Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

i totally get your point but let's not forget that Rihanna's latest album was 2016, while Melanie released an album, a film and an EP in that 6-year gap (disregarding how mid is K-12, that's another story).

I wasn't trying to shade, it's just genuinely funny to me that so many artists people have been waiting years for(Rihanna, SZA, Sky, etc) came before Melanie when she's been teasing a single for months. Unexpected is a better word. I think the teasing is what's getting to people too, not really the space between releases.

21 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

With so many big artists releasing next year I think Atlantic is pushing it back... again.

I wouldn't be surprised, but it would be a huge mistake on their part. If she can push something out before her Lollapalooza set in 2023, it would be a huge opportunity for promotion for MM3. Hopefully they realise that.

9 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I wasn't trying to shade, it's just genuinely funny to me that so many artists people have been waiting years for(Rihanna, SZA, Sky, etc) came before Melanie when she's been teasing a single for months. Unexpected is a better word. I think the teasing is what's getting to people too, not really the space between releases.

I wouldn't be surprised, but it would be a huge mistake on their part. If she can push something out before her Lollapalooza set in 2023, it would be a huge opportunity for promotion for MM3. Hopefully they realise that.

Her lollapalooza performance should be the confirmation that she is in fact releasing something before march, but even that we can't trust, she's already said "this is last time im performing these songs" and then ended up playing them again  :bye:

She didn't even do a Q&A about the album like she did with K-12 waaaay before release, we're in a blind spot and it's 5 months away for a concert with no announced new album, i'm not getting how the promo is working

1 hour ago, missanthrophocene said:

Her lollapalooza performance should be the confirmation that she is in fact releasing something before march, but even that we can't trust, she's already said "this is last time im performing these songs" and then ended up playing them again  :bye:

She didn't even do a Q&A about the album like she did with K-12 waaaay before release, we're in a blind spot and it's 5 months away for a concert with no announced new album, i'm not getting how the promo is working

I'm also confused on how the official rollout of this era is going to go. She must be planning on playing something from MM3 though at the festival with all the mushroom emojis on her promo stories, so there's something.

I'm really curious to see what she puts out as the first single, some people were thinking Faerie Soiree but I feel like it'll be something we haven't already heard.

3 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

I'm also confused on how the official rollout of this era is going to go. She must be planning on playing something from MM3 though at the festival with all the mushroom emojis on her promo stories, so there's something.

I'm really curious to see what she puts out as the first single, some people were thinking Faerie Soiree but I feel like it'll be something we haven't already heard.

Didn't she confirm she's not releasing the leaks as singles?

11 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

I mean we got drama club early af and it ended up on the album so anything is possible 

yes but thats one song out of the sessions, we have half the album's first year of sessions :rip:

17 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Idc about anything but Magnets, Needle & Thread, and Fingers Crossed. 

TASTE! I never played Magnets but N&T and FC are definitely top 5 in MM3 sessions. Maybe I'd add Sirens to those two to make my top 3, with Garden and Tunnel Vision in 4th and 5th spots. Dragon's Blood and Void are pretty amazing as well... I am really starting to wonder whether either of these will be included in the hypothetical album.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

18 hours ago, Pop The Balloons said:

History is still god tier and she's absolutely sick for scrapping it, idk why she thought it was ok to scrap this. She better give it to us somehow :crossed::defeated:

I'm obsessed with the After School outtakes frl Lost & Found goes HARD 

Remember when we thought there will be a single release during summer? 

She played on us. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde