PARADIXO

Born to Die Turns Half a Decade Old!

Radio is a very cute track, I don't get the hate it gets, to be quite honest. It's so hopeful and you can almost feel the hurt she's been through and the sense of accomplishment she must have gotten with the way things were going for her, now that that her talent was being recognized. 

As for the chorus, it's infectuous. Granted, the song drags a bit towards the end because of the same chorus getting repeated time after time after time but I can distinctly remember warm spring days when I would lay in a garden or a field and listen to this song on loop. It just feels so warm and summery... 

Lucky Ones is another one of these songs that gets a lot of hate, for some reason. Haha just kidding, everybody has their taste but as far as I'm concerned, I love both versions we have. The demo is a more upbeat and intrepedid interpretation of the song whereas the official one is more luscious. To be honest, I think the latter instrumentation also gives it more depth because there's a certain melancholy that is expressed by the strings, I find, as if Lana has found her one true love but is it meant to last ? "Love grows, but wilts away"... I also find that the strings at the end are a beautiful way to close such a great album. It really feels like the end of a book, a book that you've read chapter by chapter and is now closed, the kind that makes you think about its content long after you've put it down. 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I also find that the strings at the end are a beautiful way to close such a great album. It really feels like the end of a book, a book that you've read chapter by chapter and is now closed, the kind that makes you think about its content long after you've put it down. 

Very well said! I never thought about it this way, but you are totally right!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I love Radio. I love the imagery, the spotlight, its story.

And Lucky Ones doesn't deserve its hate. It's a really pretty song. It's one of Lana more positive songs about love and its actually seems healthy lol (b/c of Honeymoon, I hate Kieron as a producer. But this was a good one from him I guess)

“Million Dollar Man”

The “jazzy” track on Born to Die; you either love it or hate it. The truth is this sick love song, composed by Del Rey and Chris Braide, is one the most passionate moments in Lana’s career – and it’s even much more powerful live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj4Ays1Cmew

I love to sing along to Million dollar man. It has the same power as OTTR to me, I mean, when the song starts you cant help it but HAVE TO sing it and listent to in in full without missing any seconds. I love the mood of the song and the lyrics, it's so brilliant.

“Million Dollar Man”

The “jazzy” track on Born to Die; you either love it or hate it. The truth is this sick love song, composed by Del Rey and Chris Braide, is one the most passionate moments in Lana’s career – and it’s even much more powerful live.

I used to hate it, but thank God I realized pretty fast what a great track it is. Such a unique song.  :flutter:

That live version is great, too!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I love Million Dollar Man, it's one of my favorite tracks on the album.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xof6sy_lana-del-rey-million-dollar-man-le-grand-journal_music

Any performance of this song is always so endearing; it just lends itself to be raw and emotional. Her scatting live is to die for, too.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Million Dollar Man is my favourite track on the album. The studio version is so magical, and the live version even more-so. This one is my favourite performance:

Her belting from 3:16 - 3:33 is so powerful and perfectly done.

Her falsetto & the notes she hits from 3:42 - 4:10 are breathtaking, just like a midnight mermaid siren.

She's absolutely incredible when she slips into a higher key from 4:29 - 4:54, and looks so proud after successfully completing the run at the end.

The ending notes from 5:09 - 5:17 leave me in chills every time, as does the entire performance.

Everyone, please give it a watch/listen!

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Million Dollar Man was the first song on album that fully caught my attention and made me love Lana.

Also I'm still living in hope that Bond producers will use it as movie theme song one day. It's not new but it's still fresh and has great potential... :defeated:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

“Million Dollar Man”

This is such a beautiful song. One of my favorites. AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE PERFORMANCE. The passion "I'm finally ready to go" changed the song into an argument. If Lana was gonna go jazz I was hoping she would have went the direction of this song. I love this song a lot.

Million dollar man is most definitely born to die's most underrated track...It's my favorite live performance track, it's just amazing how much power she puts into the chorus it's absolutely amazing.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

One of the last songs I heard from Born to Die, if not the last actually. I admit I took some time to hear in full because I didn't like so much of the production (idk, it just seemed like it was asking for something simpler) and because the beat in the beginning also reminded me of another song (idk why, but this was a turn off at the time. I guess I just wasn't really in the mood  :whatever: ). But I decided to take a listen on the live version after I watched a Lana's best vocals vid and then I just started to like the song (The bridge it's just...  :flutter: ). I normally like both studio and live, but I think this is the only LDR song that I fully prefer the live version. It's def one of her best.  :agree:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593