Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

You guys are so dramatic. Lana Del Rey is not Lorde, Katy perry or lady Gaga. She is NOT going to be some radio queen and some worldwide fame whore who sings on every award show and is on every tv show. Either get used to it or move on. Jesus.

Lana will continue to slay everyone with her music and sell out tours REGARDLESS of being played on radio or any of this other mess you seem to be so concerned about.

She's an indie artist. Get used to it or stan Lorde.

Ultraviolence  :creep:  :toofunny:

The album was still in early concept-phase when Black Beauty leaked, it's obviously different with LDR5.

The only thing I'm afraid of is her scrapping B A R, since it's such a great tune!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

You guys are so dramatic. Lana Del Rey is not Lorde, Katy perry or lady Gaga. She is NOT going to be some radio queen and some worldwide fame whore who sings on every award show and is on every tv show. Either get used to it or move on. Jesus.

Lana will continue to slay everyone with her music and sell out tours REGARDLESS of being played on radio or any of this other mess you seem to be so concerned about.

I agree! Lana is definitely in a category of her own and lumping her into the fame hungry startlets (and I guess Lorde?) makes no sense. Those stars get so much promo $$$ spent on them just to keep them charting where Lana does far less and presumably rakes in a decent amount of cash for herself and Interscope.

Like when Alanis blew up decades ago---she was too pop to be rock and too alternative to be pop, it happens a lot to female singer/song writers.

Take a look back and let me know if I'm the first.. but hey you called me out so pat on the back to you!! I bet you feel good now? Better? Ok, good, poor baby ❤

Yikes....  :awk:

I never said you were the first, but okay? And if you look back you'll see I posted before saying that bitching about other singers is pointless? There's plenty of other topics on this site that are much more appropriate places for you to talk about them than on a thread dedicated to LDR5?

I'm not the only person sick of all the petty bitching about other singers, and you're not the only one doing the bitching, sure, I just quoted you because after the whole 'Lorde' thing had died down you brought it up again in a particularly nasty way....

But if bitching about random artists behind the anonymity of an internet forum makes you feel better then you do you... :kiss:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Well I wouldn't exactly call Lana Del Rey an indie artist just because she doesn't care about promo.  :tsk:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

You cannot be called indie artist if you are signed to a major label company

The album was still in early concept-phase when Black Beauty leaked, it's obviously different with LDR5.

The only thing I'm afraid of is her scrapping B A R, since it's such a great tune!

If she will scrap a great song like BAR for a stupid leak, it'll be a big disappointment! This track is more better than Love and could be a great single.

Love has been B-listed by Radio 1, the third most listened radio station in the UK and the most listened mainstream station with 9.9 million listeners a week. Love has also been C-listed on Radio 2 (a HAC station), this is the most listened radio station in the UK with 15.1 million listeners a week. So a pretty great start on radio in the UK.

In the most recent chart update it is predicted to rise to 33  :D

Love has been B-listed by Radio 1, the third most listened radio station in the UK and the most listened mainstream station with 9.9 million listeners a week. Love has also been C-listed on Radio 2 (a HAC station), this is the most listened radio station in the UK with 15.1 million listeners a week. So a pretty great start on radio in the UK.

In the most recent chart update it is predicted to rise to 33 :D

we been knew it's doing better than all of lead singles.

It's just shes still reluctant to promote. Killing the song potential.

It was also played on Capital Fm.

High By The Chart and Wet Toast could never.

it's not just about something like chart performance, like that comes and goes. But why is she not singing her new songs like ever to tell ppl that she has new material out that she is passionate about?

:thumb3: 

You cannot be called indie artist if you are signed to a major label company

hmm that's not true. I mean, nowadays indie and alternative are almost the same thing to a lot of ppl and the media. These days, Indie is more about an style (not just aesthetics, of course), not about being or not on a major label company