Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Lana is in this http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/02/28/10-female-artists-albums-to-look-forward-to-in-2017/ (lmao at them thinking her witch tweet was new music dates)

At midnight all these stupid fans were non stop commenting on Lanas instagram being like "we're waiting" "im dissapointed lana" "youve kept me up for nothing" "youre late" 

:lel:

I can't at yall talking about Lana as if her albums barely debut in the top 30 and sell 10k copies. She has made her money and her abums pay back the finances her record label has spent to do them.

You're all comparing her sales to when she was at the peak of her career in 2012/13, when she was one of the biggest names in the industry.

Although she hasn't really done any promo in a long time UV has sold more than 1.3M copies and has around 400k combined streams on spotify. debuted at number one and had an almost sold out tour in the us.

it's true HM sold just around 700k but that's more than most of the other alternative/pop girls and on spotify it has 200/300k streams which isn't that bad for that kind of album.

If LDR5 doesn't get again any promo it may sell around 500k total but you know what, it's fine. She's playing the biggest festivals in europe as a headliner, she's still very well known (in Europe and in the US i would say most of the people have at least heard of her), she doesn't lose money in promoting singles that end flopping so I don't see any problem.

Yall acting like she's on the level of Marinara and the Tomatoes or something where she's about to go bankrupt while she's probably planning on buying yet another 2million dollars mansion in LA

giphy.gif

I can't at yall talking about Lana as if her albums barely debut in the top 30 and sell 10k copies. She has made her money and her abums pay back the finances her record label has spent to do they.

You're all comparing her sales to when she was at the peak of her career in 2012/13, when she was one of the biggest names in the industry.

Although she hasn't really done any promo in a long time UV has sold more than 1.3M copies and has around 400k combined streams on spotify. debuted at number one and had an almost sold out tour in the us.

it's true HM sold just around 700k but that's more than most of the other alternative/pop girls and on spotify it has 200/300k streams which isn't that bad for that kind of album.

If LDR5 doesn't get again any promo it may sell around 500k total but you know what, it's fine. She's playing the biggest festivals in europe as a headliner, she's still very well known (in Europe and in the US i would say most of the people have at least heard of her), she doesn't lose money in promoting singles that end flopping so I don't see any problem.

Yall acting like she's on the level of Marinara and the Tomatoes or something where she's about to go bankrupt while she's probably planning on buying yet another 2million mansion in LA

Exactly! All I keep thinking amongst these guys who are worrying about her sales is 'guys. She has like, 2 fuckin mansions, sit down.'

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Today I got to a very touristic place in my country and I was listening to love shouting to buy it on itunes :P 

If Lana can't do it , we can do it lol :P 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Today I got to a very touristic place in my country and I was listening to love shouting to buy it on itunes :P

i should just go to washington dc and hang up homemade Love posters tbh

She's an album artist not a singles artist btd sold more than almost every top artist out there as an album because it's not a regurgitated piece of crap

Also that cigarette smoking photo is one of my favourite lana images of all time it's so simplistic and noir

True stan dedication right here

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Lana has the potential to be MUCH bigger.

Shes limiting herself purposely that's why people are complaining.

It's frustrating seeing talent and potential being wasted.

I see what you mean but is her talent being wasted if she has such a dedicated fanbase? Like we all know what an amazing artist she is, and I feel like if she was much bigger idk if she would like it? 

Most of my friends write her off as depressing instantly and I feel like if she was as big as she was in the BTD era she may get a lot of hate again?

It would be amazing though to see her appreciated more, she is massively underestimated :(  (Edit: or at least just not getting so much hate)

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Just because she's not getting the fame and attention she used to doesn't mean her talent is going to waste. Lana has the potentional to do whatever she wants whether it be performing in stadiums or little concert halls. I think we all need to trust her desicions more...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just because she's not getting the fame and attention she used to doesn't mean her talent is going to waste. Lana has the potentional to do whatever she wants whether it be performing in stadiums or little concert halls. I think we all need to trust her desicions more...

well, we ain't gettin either