Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

The change of the setting (from dark, almost dystopian atmosphere to green, vivid colors) leads to a more metaphysical suicide. Basically, they decide to get a more positive view on their lives, so they kill their former attitude. 

inb4 "it's not that deep lmao" incoming  :oprah3:

I'm crying like a bitch out of pure happiness and I'm not ashamed of it. I FUCKING LOVED EVERY DAMN MOMENT.... :defeated:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I think she's deliberately making a reference to the suicide/death heavy endings of her BTD-era videos & subverting it by placing her and Abel on a flower field + the peace sign at the end.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I think that this is continuation of Dark Paradise in video form.

As you can see in the video The Weeknd is a ghost. He is ''back'' and he's touching her...

''There's no relief, I see you in my sleep
And everybody's rushing me, but I can feel you touching me''

That boat might be some kind of refference to ''I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song''

And then she choose to leave Dark Paradise so she kills herself

''I'm scared that you won't be waiting on the other side''

but he is actually there... in ''light'' :toofunny:, actual paradise and they are happy.

giphy.gif

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

I think that this is continuation of Dark Paradise in video form.

As you can see in the video The Weeknd is a ghost. He is ''back'' and he's touching her...

''There's no relief, I see you in my sleep[/size]And everybody's rushing me, but I can feel you touching me''[/size]

That boat might be some kind of refference to ''I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song[/size]''

And then she choose to leave Dark Paradise so she kills herself

''I'm scared that you won't be waiting on the other side''[/size]

but he is actually there... in ''light'' :toofunny:, actual paradise and they are happy.

giphy.gif

I'm calling Warner Bros Studios rn

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_P

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven