Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Summer Bummer leaked but it was removed from a website. If you google Lana Del Rey Summer Bummer Leak, at the very bottom of the page it will say one link was removed from your search or whatever.

Also, I googled just that. Nothing about copyright claim came up

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Snippets have been removed, it was most likely that.

Every other link on google has the snippet and when I searched for Summer Bummer yesterday, it didn't say that thing at the bottom of the page l"due to copyright blahblahblah a link has been removed from your search"

Also, I googled just that. Nothing about copyright claim came up

Look at the very bottom. I'm looking at it right now. How do you upload a pic from mobile on here?

Lana hasn't announced a single song herself this era  :awkney:

Love - the posters appeared, then it leaked, then it went up on iTunes with no announcement

Lust for Life - BBC Radio 1 announced it before she did

Coachella - that Anghami site revealed it and she didn't talk about it until it was out worldwide

Summer Bummer - Release date and single cover were found online (don't remember which site)

I don't mean to add to these messy meltdowns, but from a truly level-headed perspective, I can't quite fathom what the hell Lana (and her team) is doing (or not doing). We are less than a month until the supposed album release date and Lana literally hasn't mentioned the album since May. It makes me sad. I know it'll all work out in the end, because, if I'm being honest, all I care about is the music and I want her to deliver musically. However, a little interest in her own beautiful work would be appreciated and completely logical at this point. Despite the LOVE leak, this era started off so promising. Lana seemed so happy and positive, she was giving us descriptions of the album, gave us the iconic LOVE video with a livestream prior to its release, the music video was crazy popular for a bit, trending at #1 for almost 48 hours, she gave us that iconic album trailer with little hints about the album in it. Now I feel like none of those hints are probably even relevant anymore because the album tracklist has changed so much. :defeated:

I love that she seems to be having fun lately but how does Interscope even let her get away with this? I know Queen has the potential to sell unbelievably well even without any promo which is literally iconic and I applaud her for it. People are clearly here for her music. But I can't imagine any other artist even the likes of Gaga, Katy, Ariana, etc. doing literally no promo one month before their album release and getting away with it. Wouldn't the label force them to do some work?

I truly believe Lana has major social anxiety (just look at her early performances and interviews). She talked during the Ultraviolence era about how the media scared her and how she hates fame. She even said she wished she was dead. When she does magazine interviews, she's only ever interviewed by her industry friends (not complaining). I feel that her depression makes it very hard to be in the public eye and maybe her label has accepted and respected her mental health and is allowing her to remain very low profile. That's great and ideal for her. But commercially, this won't be able to sustain itself for long. If she keeps staying quiet, the entire world will forget about her besides our messy asses.

I'm just trying to understand why she does such little promo and how she gets away with it. No shade. I'm truly curious. Thoughts?

PS: I'm still so hyped for LFL and will look back on this post in 23 days and realize how dramatic I was being. But hey :diva:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I don't mean to add to these messy meltdowns, but from a truly level-headed perspective, I can't quite fathom what the hell Lana (and her team) is doing (or not doing). We are less than a month until the supposed album release date and Lana literally hasn't mentioned the album since May. It makes me sad. I know it'll all work out in the end, because, if I'm being honest, all I care about is the music and I want her to deliver musically. However, a little interest in her own beautiful work would be appreciated and completely logical at this point. Despite the LOVE leak, this era started off so promising. Lana seemed so happy and positive, she was giving us descriptions of the album, gave us the iconic LOVE video with a livestream prior to its release, the music video was crazy popular for a bit, trending at #1 for almost 48 hours, she gave us that iconic album trailer with little hints about the album in it. Now I feel like none of those hints are probably even relevant anymore because the album tracklist has changed so much. :defeated:

I love that she seems to be having fun lately but how does Interscope even let her get away with this? I know Queen has the potential to sell unbelievably well even without any promo which is literally iconic and I applaud her for it. People are clearly here for her music. But I can't imagine any other artist even the likes of Gaga, Katy, Ariana, etc. doing literally no promo one month before their album release and getting away with it. Wouldn't the label force them to do some work?

I truly believe Lana has major social anxiety (just look at her early performances and interviews). She talked during the Ultraviolence era about how the media scared her and how she hates fame. She even said she wished she was dead. When she does magazine interviews, she's only ever interviewed by her industry friends (not complaining). I feel that her depression makes it very hard to be in the public eye and maybe her label has accepted and respected her mental health and is allowing her to remain very low profile. That's great and ideal for her. But commercially, this won't be able to sustain itself for long. If she keeps staying quiet, the entire world will forget about her besides our messy asses.

I'm just trying to understand why she does such little promo and how she gets away with it. No shade. I'm truly curious. Thoughts?

PS: I'm still so hyped for LFL and will look back on this post in 23 days and realize how dramatic I was being. But hey :diva:

You're not being dramatic, it is very odd the way she's disappeared. Has it really been since may that she's even mentioned the album?? That is nuts. I don't know if social anxiety is the right phrase, she has tons of friends and obvs loves going out partying and even posting videos of said partying (which I as a person with major social anxiety would never ever do). I think it just comes down to her hating fame. She spoke of hating fame throughout the Honeymoon album. I think she still loves her fans and loves making music but I do wonder if she's just doing what her label's contract says. Who knows how many albums her contract says for her to put out and (I'm gonna be dramatic here) what if she retires after that and tries to live her life and slide out of the spot light?

LIZARD PEOPLE

You're not being dramatic, it is very odd the way she's disappeared. Has it really been since may that she's even mentioned the album?? That is nuts. I don't know if social anxiety is the right phrase, she has tons of friends and obvs loves going out partying and even posting videos of said partying (which I as a person with major social anxiety would never ever do). I think it just comes down to her hating fame. She spoke of hating fame throughout the Honeymoon album. I think she still loves her fans and loves making music but I do wonder if she's just doing what her label's contract says. Who knows how many albums her contract says for her to put out and (I'm gonna be dramatic here) what if she retires after that and tries to live her life and slide out of the spot light?

Agreed. But I also have social anxiety and having eyes on me and attention on only myself makes me deathly anxious that it becomes crippling but I still function very well in public places when making friends and going to parties. I think there are many forms of social anxiety and it can manifest itself depending on things you've experienced. I think hating fame which is really just publicity stems from anxiety and the fear of being constantly recognized and talked about and therefore critiqued. I think Lana just wants her music to be something she's proud to put out and that is mainly only heard by those who she knows will appreciate it. I just hope Interscope doesn't dump her eventually.

I guess one way to look at it is that maybe Interscope gave up on HER. Maybe they stopped trying to promote her or push her to do anything or to line up opportunities and not so much Lana's doing. Idk. I'm just sick of it.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Summer Bummer leaked but it was removed from a website. If you google Lana Del Rey Summer Bummer Leak, at the very bottom of the page it will say one link was removed from your search or whatever.

This is not how this works.. if u click the link u see that it's unrelated to that.

i76mrxw.png 

Yeah, you made that clear in your posts about trying to track down people that commented on her wall 8 years ago about AA....she obviously wouldn't want that either. Lmao

Delusions of grandeur.

this damn DRAG, also SB didnt leak at all

Please Lana, don't let me start thinking that the album is being delayed again. TT___TT Seriously, any normal artist or band would promote their album by now, and if not by themselves, at least their record label would. This is making me nervous, I don't want to think that it's being delayed again but... if they all keep on being silent then... my hopes will fade away.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yeah, you made that clear in your posts about trying to track down people that commented on her wall 8 years ago about AA....she obviously wouldn't want that either. Lmao

Delusions of grandeur.

Delusions of grandeur is you thinking your comment matters to me.

I'm having less and less confidence that I'll win the bet I made with @@terusama. I'm hoping it comes out in July so I win, but..I dunno. The radio silence is a bad sign.

I think the social anxiety stuff is just her fandom making excuses for her, though. I can't imagine why someone who has that and knows they have that would decide to be a pop star.

I don't pay attention to her sales, but maybe she sells enough that it doesn't matter whether she does nothing or not.

giphy.gif

Please Lana, don't let me start thinking that the album is being delayed again. TT___TT Seriously, any normal artist or band would promote their album by now, and if not by themselves, at least their record label would. This is making me nervous, I don't want to think that it's being delayed again but... if they all keep on being silent then... my hopes will fade away.

*July 21 fam* is literally pinned in her Twitter, we have a tracklist now, a third Single being released in a few days, the songs are already in Shazam’s database and we’re still a month away from the album. Lana could say once again “The album is coming in July 21” and these twinks would still be making excuses up to deny it. Cringy af.

Plus Lana never said the record was coming in May 26, therefore there was no “delaying”.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

*July 21 fam* is literally pinned in her Twitter, we have a tracklist now, a third Single being released in a few days, the songs are already in Shazam’s database and we’re still a month away from the album. Lana could say once again “The album is coming in July 21” and these twinks would still be making excuses up to deny it. Cringy af.

Plus Lana never said the record was coming in May 26, therefore there was no “delaying”.

Yes, I agree with you on everything you just said. Lana's management (Ben Mawson) said on Instagram that "the album was delayed to add some special collaborations" so that confirmed the album was originally going to come on May 26th.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Yes, I agree with you on everything you just said. Lana's management (Ben Mawson) said on Instagram that "the album was delayed to add some special collaborations" so that confirmed the album was originally going to come on May 26th.

No, people were spamming and attacking him on Instagram. At the end of the day a date was never announced hence no delaying.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Sorry if I made you think of me as cringey, that was never my intention. I'm just sad that we found the track list and single release date before any announcements and that they still haven't said anything about it. But then again, they might not even be aware that we have it.

But I'll keep my hopes up. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

yes because lana always announces the releases just like she announced Summer Bummer. ben himself said it was coming out the 26th but it got delayed

Maybe it's intentionally under promoted for the aesthetic, as for the delay... ya... pls release asap. 

my cherries and winee

rosemary and thyYyme

What if she did a reimagining of "All Smiles" for the deluxe. It fits the theme.