Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Anyway, I do think Heroin will be a cover. She's always had covers on her albums (apart from BTD).

They think it's the Velvet Underground 'heroin' cover but it's a pretty serious & dark song about a druggy and from a man's perspective (I mean the pronouns used).

"When I put a spike into my vein

And I tell you things aren't quite the same

When I'm rushing on my run

And I feel just like Jesus' son"

Plus we know that 'World Was At War..' is the darkest track on the LP. Lana has never been a drug addict so maybe she's talking bout her man or how he's as addictive as heroin to her. That would make sense coming from Lana. :hooker:

They think it's the Velvet Underground 'heroin' cover but it's a pretty serious & dark song about a druggy and from a man's perspective (I mean the pronouns used).

"When I put a spike into my vein

And I tell you things aren't quite the same

When I'm rushing on my run

And I feel just like Jesus' son"

Plus we know that 'World Was At War..' is the darkest track on the LP. Lana has never been a drug addict so maybe she's talking bout her man or how he's as addictive as heroin to her. That would make sense coming from Lana. :hooker:

Well, I don't really think the second part of your statement matters that much - Lana said WTWWAWWJKDOIGHJKASD was a pretty dark song, but back then she also seemingly planned to keep the album super-positive with tracks like Love. However, doesn't really seem like that anymore.

I think Velvet Underground would be pretty unlikely for a Lana cover though and it would not really go with what the album seems to be at this moment. Plus she always loved to use drug-references in her songs. Heroin could be like Gagas "Dope" - that she needs someone like a drug or perhaps that she wass addicted to someone and (just like a drug) they ruined her.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Okay I'm gonna let the awful song titles slide and try to ignore the mess made by her terrible team this era.

But next era she/her team really needs to get things together because this has been too messy.

I think Velvet Underground would be pretty unlikely for a Lana cover though and it would not really go with what the album seems to be at this moment. Plus she always loved to use drug-references in her songs. Heroin could be like Gagas "Dope" - that she needs someone like a drug or perhaps that she wass addicted to someone and (just like a drug) they ruined her.

You're my heroin

You're what I'm shootin'

When all my friends say I should take some space

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

I also dreamed of the record last night. But my dream was softer than yours, she was just revealing the tracklist on Instagram and it had the 16 tracks + an interlude + Yosemite as last track, which sadly won't happen :toofunny:

Also, I don't think Heroin will be a cover. I have no proof, but I feel like it will be either a love song, either a politically committed song. My dream would be the second option :krylie:

Thought it was premiering on Beats 1 Radio, not BBC Radio 1?

Nope, premiering on both. Maybe one on each but we don't know yet.

'2 new tracks w ASAP ROCKY dropping on the 12th. Hear them first on beats and radio 1 that day.' - from the video lana posted on instagram

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

Why are some people insisting Heroin is a cover when it really doesn't matter that much and her covers have pretty much been the worst songs on her albums anyways. I'm hoping for an original tho

I'm doing three 13 hour shifts in a row the 3 days before the 21st so I really hope it doesn't leak ): I might be forced to be good and wait for the official release lol

What if we underestimate In My Feelings and it ends up being the best track on the record :hooker:

yeah tbh I don't really understand where the negativity for tracks we know nothing about comes from it's kind of ridiculous

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

What if we underestimate In My Feelings and it ends up being the best track on the record? :hooker:

What if we overestimate Yosemite and it ends up being the worst track on the record? :hooker: life can be so meaninglessly funny sometimes

are there any European based sites where I can get hands on Flaunt Magazine & Elle UK where she is featured or are they all gone :(

her insta story made me lust

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

Before Cherry starts playing during my listening experience i'm gonna look at a bunch of hot guys on google images to turn myself on, and i'll vibe with the song so much more i can't fucking wait  :creepna: 

Also @vodkaa thanks for blessing this thread with that cute guy :hooker:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :kiss:  :kiss: 

sorry guys im in a weird mood

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The reason "In My Feelings" bothers me as a title is because I can't stand titles that start with a preposition. They seem so lazily named. As for what the title entails, I think it could be very interesting lyrically and perhaps very "woke", either that or it could be an ironic mess kind of like Coachella - Not On the Album In My Mind.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.