Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Is there a word for songs that are the contrary of growers? Lust For Life by Lana Del Rey featuring The Weeknd can relate

lana doesn't work with pop artists 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

Can someone do my star sign thingy? I'm an Aquarius (Feb 18th) so I'm kind on a cusp? Anyway, I know this is off topic so someone PM me :awkney:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Is there a word for songs that are the contrary of growers? Lust For Life by Lana Del Rey featuring The Weeknd can relate

Lust For Life (ft. The Weeknd) is a shrinker.

Are Libras usually skeptic? I don't really believe in astrology  :teehee:

Edit: sorry guys I promise I'll stop saying tonterías

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I feel like Change is really underrated. I think the reason for that is that it's so intimate and full of raw-emotion which makes ot uncomfortable to listen to when you are not in the right mood. However, when you are it completely destroys you - and if you pay attention to it, then it's one of the best vocal deliveries on the album. Many of her songs are emotional and a good "soundtrack" for hard feelings. However I feel like Change is one of the few that is actually capable of completely breaking you down all on it's own

To be honest, it's one of her best ballads. Right up there with Old Money.

I love Change, I honestly started sobbing uncontrollably during it on Tuesday  :crai:

Think it's bc it sounds somewhat hopeful but deep down Lana feels pessimistic and knows there might never be change

(Or that's just me seeing as I'm a pessimist) 

Why are y'all talking about star signs? :toofunny: Also cusps aren't real if I'm correct?! Lana would only be a Gemini. She might have Cancer in her chart though.

Also, when are we going to get this WM video? I SWEAR I feel like we're going to get another premiere for a video in LA. She hasn't done one this era, & we know she loves to do them. Hopefully, we have at least 1 more video. Heroin needs one.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Although I'd love another space themed video for Heroin, I don't think we'll get one... I'm hoping for a video for Cherry in the future though. It'd be sad if we only got 3 music videos out of an album with sixteen songs. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Why does Rob always have to give an example of something that happened 50 years ago

He likes to remember his younger years.

Idk if this has been asked before but maybe Lana puts some of the footage of the WM video on the background while she performs it live?

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Once again, I'm not the one who's supposed to perform? I can sing but I'm not the best out there and it's not my dream to do so. I'm not prepared or fit enough to stay there. No, I don't know what it's like under those stage lights, but I do know what it's like to stand in a crowd for hours, sweating and hoping for some water from the security guards. I do know heat, if that's what you are asking me - I have run in 25-30 degrees Celsius and I have played basketball in venues with zero air and temperatures which makes them feel like saunas. I know heat.

To be honest, I haven't been to so many concerts in my life, but I do remember that both Coldplay and U2 were playing for more than an hour. And I've seen them around 7 times I think, combined. Lana's set was absolutely shorter. I'm not saying it's easy to stay under the lights, but it is possible.

Maybe the lights are the reason she prefer outdoor arenas?

you can go get water instead of waiting, i don't understand why i keep reading this as an issue on here. just push for your spot back lol.

Again, Lana's not U2 or Coldplay.

The lights are just as hot indoors or outdoors. i highly doubt there's a breeze going onto the stage. they're pretty closed in. Lana just seems to like festivals (from what I read I think?) and small venues.

But again, I personally think it all adds up to her anxiety.

~INSTA1.gif

I think there could be more videos for this era. I mean, she said "next video is for White Mustang" as if some others would come... I don't think she would ever say "last video is for White Mustang and then see you in 2 years" but still, the way it's written gives me hope for a Heroin or a Cherry video :smirk:

Idk if this has been asked before but maybe Lana puts some of the footage of the WM video on the background while she performs it live?

I've expressed this thought too! Since she uses her music videos a lot as background for her performances, I thought that there might be a possibility - but at the same time, would she really show it so much then? Why not keeping the footage a secret? :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

you can go get water instead of waiting, i don't understand why i keep reading this as an issue on here. just push for your spot back lol.

The lights are just as hot indoors or outdoors. i highly doubt there's a breeze going onto the stage. they're pretty closed in. Lana just seems to like festivals (from what I read I think?) and small venues.

idk why i keep reading posts like yours where people always defend lana's lazy ass just for the sake of it? 

if she decides to do a world tour for her fifth record her set better be longer than her 70 minutes hm festivals revamp set. most concerts are longer than an hour (where did that even came from?) and she won't die / dehydrate on stage.

i76mrxw.png 

Sorry but this "the lights are hot" and "most concerts are not longer than an hour" stuff you keep going on with is such bulllshit. Most concerts are longer than Lanas sets and none of those artists every died of dehydration. and the anxiety stuff is old by this point - she's performing for SUCH A LONG TIME, if she still has anxiety than it's because she's not working on it at all.

Stop trying to defend her lazy ass, it won't make you a bad fan if you just accept that her live performances are lackluster. Lately it's not just the setlist and the length but also the quality of her vocals that was ... well not that great. She did a great job with MTWBT but for most of the time she just relies on extremely loud pre-recorded backing vox. You are right - she's not U2 or Coldplay. So, since she's not really doing anything BUT sing it can't be harder for her than it is for them.

On the other hand ... none of the fans there actually listen, they just scream their brains out and act like complete idiots (which they are seemingly pretty proud of aswell "OMG I CRIED ALL THE TIME I'M SUCH AN EMOTIONAL AND DEDICATED FAAAAAAAAAAN!!!11!") so why should she even bother ... all they wanna do is have a night at the Lana-karaoke bar.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Sorry but this "the lights are hot" and "most concerts are not longer than an hour" stuff you keep going on with is such bulllshit. Most concerts are longer than Lanas sets and none of those artists every died of dehydration. and the anxiety stuff is old by this point - she's performing for SUCH A LONG TIME, if she still has anxiety than it's because she's not working on it at all.

Stop trying to defend her lazy ass, it won't make you a bad fan if you just accept that her live performances are lackluster. Lately it's not just the setlist and the length but also the quality of her vocals that was ... well not that great. She did a great job with MTWBT but for most of the time she just relies on extremely loud pre-recorded backing vox. You are right - she's not U2 or Coldplay. So, since she's not really doing anything BUT sing it can't be harder for her than it is for them.

On the other hand ... none of the fans there actually listen, they just scream their brains out and act like complete idiots (which they are seemingly pretty proud of aswell "OMG I CRIED ALL THE TIME I'M SUCH AN EMOTIONAL AND DEDICATED FAAAAAAAAAAN!!!11!") so why should she even bother ... all they wanna do is have a night at the Lana-karaoke bar.

Tea tea tea

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...