Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

@@Wynwood

Shirley you jest

This is 2017. It's a brand new world.

First off, the internal battle for the soul of the legendary Honeymoon album, and then...

It all changed about a few seconds into the #1 song of 2017, which,  is COACHELLA.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I hope LDR6 has a shit ton of tambourines and guitars and sitars and harps and maracas and bongos.

I would say Lana's bollywood era is coming but that'd be cultural appropriation :creep:

But seriously I am for this type of sound. Gives me donovan/brian jonestown massacre vibes, which would be heaven to hear Lana do something like them.

Imagine Lana singing this 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I would say Lana's bollywood era is coming but that'd be cultural appropriation :creep:

But seriously I am for this type of sound. Gives me donovan/brian jonestown massacre vibes, which would be heaven to hear Lana do something like them.

Imagine Lana singing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StV9lElcvAY

I love Brian Jonestown Massacre, I could so see her singing this song :defeated: lizzy pls

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

@@Wynwood

Shirley you jest

First off, the internal battle for the soul of the legendary Honeymoon album, and then...

It all changed about a few seconds into the #1 song of 2017, which,  is COACHELLA.

tenor.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm having a hard time picturing how the WM video will play out. I bet you a hundred dollar bill that it'll just be Lana staring from afar at her love interest smoking a cigarette, leaning against his white mustang in the desert.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Imagine Lana singing this 

NUT

I'm having a hard time picturing how the WM video will play out. I bet you a hundred dollar bill that it'll just be Lana staring from afar at her love interest smoking a cigarette, leaning against his white mustang in the desert.

honestly if it's as disappointing as ratsey's BaL mv i'd be surprised

i just want something lana i dont want a repeat of mid june and late may when all we had was rumors and 2/3 song snippets

the way i remember it, dan wasn't used to so much hand force from a label and Lana was shrugging it off while he got really angry about this kind of management. (This was after BTD/PE, it was another time.) Her label asked her to meet with another producer and she said yes but went to the meeting too late and the producer she was meant to see (one of Adele's) had time to listen to what lana and dan had already done (which her label hated) and they liked it so much they didn't want to touch it. Then suddenly everyone at the label started seeing the light liking the tracks/production and lana, like the boss she is, continued on her merry way undisturbed without putting a fight. Someone on top at interscope even said that others requested a single/hit from lana and he was like no, you get what you're going to get; that she had her own vision and everyone else only had to follow her way. How I see it, Lana downplayed all that and got the sound she wanted without much of a fuss. 

Even the management at her indie label company (AKA) said that you couldn't make lana do something she didn't want, that she was headstrong and determined enough. For me, Lana has the talent and the means to have come up with huge hits by now if she wanted. I do think she has some pressure, like everyone of us from work and school, but not what we imagine or to the same level as the biggest pop stars/rappers. Otherwise I can't explain how chill she is. Plus she works so much and she releases (#1) albums at a higher frequency than most these days  :flutter: lana is the true boss  :smokes2:

Yeah, good memory! Thanks. I particularly agree with your last paragraph.

Super unpopular opinion but the production of guns n rozes is one of her best and I'd love an album w that atmosphere and sound. And no, UV as a whole was much more dense sonically. I'd love something sparse and trippy like that

She should also re-release You and Me cos it's one of her best songs

Facts

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

@@Wynwood

Shirley you jest

Graham, you did NOT.

mo89bQS.jpg

???, ?????????