Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I love Lust for Life so much, and I would really like to hear songs that are sonically in the vein of Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, and Best American Record. I would love a hippie, low key, stripped back but still full sounding record at one point, which is what I actually thought the record would sound like before we knew anything about the sound or visuals of this era. 

isn't that strange lanadelrey?

???, ?????????

Also, is it against the rules to do that? i mean..im pretty sure everyone has bought the album at this point. but i dont wanna get in trouble for basically uploading the album for free  :ohno:

i don't think so

at the v least a nice lil twitter link to a dl of it if u wanna be safe maybe ? :creep:

You think if Lana releases the Cherry video this will be a hit and would leave people in shook or will be underrated?

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Ok so here's the Bass Boosted Cherry. But I'm not sure what you all are listening on and didn't want to break your headphones or whatever. So I made two versions.

Normal bass boost : http://picosong.com/wn9VH

Hella Bass Boost: http://picosong.com/wn9XE

@@Lustrouslines @@kitschesque @@Clampigirl

I LOVE YOU BITCH

Ok so here's the Bass Boosted Cherry. But I'm not sure what you all are listening on and didn't want to break your headphones or whatever. So I made two versions.

I LOVE YOU BITCH

I LOVE YOU BITCH

giphy.gif

him: hi 

me: 

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future
And time future contained in time past
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose garden

giphy.gif

You think if Lana releases the Cherry video this will be a hit and would leave people in shook or will be underrated?

It would need to be very good or have something very exciting (at least it would have the 2nd best song on LFL; Cherry). White Mustang is flopping so hard, imagine another video.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Honestly, at this point with Lana who knows. It might not even be underrated, it may just be a video that's forgettable like some of the other ones she's done as of late (this doesn't mean they're bad either, they're just meh if you're looking at all her videoagraphy) which would be a shame because it's an excellent song.

If it were executed well, had a decent budget, and good choices of visuals (filters, clothing, makeup, etc.) and what not, it could definitely be great. It could be like how many people see the SOC video compared to the rest of the UV videos as being the superior of that era although I'm sure people beg to differ but whatever. Then, yeah it could leave people shook to the core.

Or it could turn out like MTWBT, which could have been better, but is ultimately a pretty good video that not many people recognize.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

@LaMartine @Cult Leader I honestly love the song myself too, but I do think it's a bit lacking in energy, but yeah I can appreciate it for what it is, I personally do like how their voices blend together, and how both of them sound polyphonic separately at the same time with it. I'm not personally bi, but I like how sex ambiguous the Weeknd's voice was sorta, and added to the track with Lana's wisps. The jazzy piano keys and the 60's undertones are just beautiful. I love how she just sort of sing speaks 'love letter', bc it's perfectly poignant in that way. Even with the whole lacking in energy opinion that I hold on it, I do like how slow it is, I remember discovering the song on the iTunes store, and buying while I was taking a walk out on a bright sunny day, with a white cap on, and remember thinking to myself, what the hell is this, they're basically talking, where's the narrative of the chorus, that drop n catch with the verses? I was pretty disappointed, but listening to it in the heat really just made me love it, and I remember having literally listened to it all that day, bc I felt it was just a loop replay worthy track. The echoes of her voice at the 4:05 mark just  :icant: 

And to add, for me like, well let's just say, the track isn't that upbeat or candid when it comes to it's sound, but I guess if you've been in a sort of weird state of mind, the track's pretty anthemic and uplifting from an almost empathetic pov. 

I honestly didn't think of the video either, but I like how symbolic it is, it's got the right amount of charm and wonder. It was like a soft kind of guide for listeners towards a better place, and I think it did that well. 

I was aware of how cut the forum was with this song, so shit was stirred yeas :blush2: Medic next topic  :dafuq:

UV/Honeymoon

What's your trinity from the album? Mine's In My Feelings, When The World and Heroin

Heroin, 13B, and WTWWAWWKD.