Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Well since we're saying goodbyes..heres mine.

Honestly HM was my first era experience. And it was the most boring thing ever. Waiting for MTWBT made me want to pull my hair out. But this Era..wow. I'll never forget the breath of life we all got when those Love posters popped up all over LA. Bar Leaking. All the magazines. Waking up to Coachella on YouTube, followed by questioning Lanas mental state after hearing it. The LFL video premiering while i was in the middle of Spanish class, and me Getting kicked out due to freaking out when lana started dancing in the beginning. And Don't even get me started on the May 26th debacle :icant: But, nevertheless. It was amazing to behold, and this fandom is one of the funniest and dysfunctional groups of people I've ever met. Can't wait to do it all again in the next era.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Love -sweetie, you were the best start of this era,you hyped me so much and you're still one of my faves

Lust For Life- you are a cute song,nothing special for me , I enjoyed you

13 Beaches-I have mixed feelings about you, your verses are amazing but the chorus lacks..anyway I like you in general

Cherry- a true bop,I loved with since the first snippet I heard,your chorus is so catchy

White Mustang-I was very excited for you judging by the snippets.you didn't disappoint , you didn't impress me..I like you

Summer Bummer- I was SO hyped for you and you WON..I like you very much , you are a dark bop which I spent my summer listening to you

Groupie Love-so hyped from the snippet,so disappointed from the full song..hm idk I never liked you for real,you have a nice vibe but that's it

In My Feelings- I don't know, when I decide to listen to you I enjoy it

Coachella-Woodstock In My Mind - I trashed you so many times and called you Roachella but you're not that bad and I enjoy you lately

God Bless America-And All The Beautiful People In It- you're an OK song, sometimes I love you more, sometimes less

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing - at first I loved you,then hated you!you are of the songs that grew on me a lot and I like you cinematic bop lol

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems- a nice song in general, I listen to you when I'm in mood for it,you're enjoyable

Tomorrow Never Came-very nice and tropical song , I like you a lot even though sometimes I find you dull.Solo version would be better tho (sorry Sean)

Heroin - A song, A highlight of the album,you're one my favorite songs, I'm glad you exist masterpiece

Change- I like you sonically and lyrically but you could be better , still good tho

Get Free- A closer, I don't care about the "Creep" similarity , you're amazing and enjoyable

GOODBYE LUST FOR LIFE ERA

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

For me, the LFL era was the first era that I basically got to share with my friends in pieces, and we'd drive around looking for the Love posters, the (Young and In) Love mini era was amazing.

Waiting for the record, through dates on magazines, and finding out about July 21st fam, was death on here (magazines were still beautiful). Then came out more magazines, festival performances, and shows, the roll out of music videos.

I honestly don't think that I'll be leaving this album any time soon. It's been new, but at the same time, it carries a lot of significance for me, and well it doesn't seem to be leaving any time soon. Lust for life, it's been a hodgepodge of an album, but somehow still connects, and I can appreciate that.

I'll be listening to my fave tracks on it, driving out to somewhere hot, with the windows down, feeling the dry air while the scenery changes.

I wonder how that's all gonna change when she releases something new. :crying4:

UV/Honeymoon

GUYS

look what I found in my Vinyl store, isn't that a bit confusing ?

R-695178-1445641065-2374.jpeg.jpg

R-7885286-1490519797-6885.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Brian-Auger-Brian-Auger/release/695178

that's interesting! Markus Bagå, the designer responsible for the cover art, is very inspired/influenced by old album covers so who knows if that one was a direct inspo! tho personally i think it's prob just a coincidence, since a lot of covers back in the 70s had a similar design and that album is p obscure. i still think the typography they chose for LFL was directly inspired by Neil Young's Harvest Moon (especially since both Lana & Markus are obv fans).

268x0w.jpg

GUYS

look what I found in my Vinyl store, isn't that a bit confusing ?

R-695178-1445641065-2374.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Brian-Auger-Brian-Auger/release/695178

this is too much of a coincidence, its literally the same artwork but with different colors and arrangements asdkdggkg

Lana first copying the instrumental/chord progression of Heroin, Get Free, and now this? 

when imitation is the flattest form of sincerity 

i don't think i'll ever forget the may 26 fiasco... so painful then, but fun times in retrospect  :flutter:

What was that?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

What was that?

May 26 was the date we all thought Lana was gonna release LFL. That date came from a website that announces all upcoming albums, but the post was taken down a couple of hours after we found out. It was weeks later that Ben, her manager, told the album would come out later in the summer or order to include more collaborations. Lana confirmed later that it would be released on July 21.

What was that?

I believe May 26 was a possible date for the album to come out and most likely the one that was planned all along, until Lana decided to go back to the record and add more songs. Either way, whether it was May 26 or July 21, Interscope most likely wanted to have a number 1 album, so it needed a date where no big artist released something on that same day.

this person doesn't know what sampling is lol, the only one that fits that term is 13 beaches (which genuinely surprised me, i thought it was lana speaking). the heroin/princess chelsea "sample" is a huge reach bc unlike get free/radiohead it doesn't even use the same 4 chords (tho i def think both songs have a similar vibe).

this person doesn't know what sampling is lol, the only one that fits that term is 13 beaches (which genuinely surprised me, i thought it was lana speaking). the heroin/princess chelsea "sample" is a huge reach bc unlike get free/radiohead it doesn't even use the same 4 chords (tho i def think both songs have a similar vibe).

13 Beaches: I agree wholeheartedly

Heroin: I actually think the beginnings are very similar and would’ve honestly thought that’d be the lawsuit one, not Get Free

Get Free: I see no similarity between the two songs at all

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You