Sign in to follow this  
Crimson and Clover

Where do each of Lana's albums transport you to?

I always associate AKA with rural America, with lyrics like "give me coffee, Utah love" and "Indian reservations". Also just the general feel of the album, with songs like Mermaid Motel and Pawn Shop Blues, makes me think of the poorer, working class areas of America. It makes me want to go to a diner in the middle of nowhere.

Born to Die makes me feel like I'm in Manhattan, with songs like Off to the Races, Million Dollar Man, and National Anthem. I'm pretty sure Lana was going for this though. 

The name Paradise automatically makes me think of Paradise, Nevada (the strip in Las Vegas basically). Ride makes me feel like I'm in the outskirts of Las Vegas, mainly because of the music video. Paradise is a superficial album, like the place, with baroque and lush songs about drugs, sex, fame, etc. Blue Velvet makes me think I'm in the Bellagio or something, overseeing the "Eiffel Tower" in Paris. The original Paradise picture

lana-del-rey-paradise-edition-album-samp

just adds to the vibe, with the palm trees and the small pool. I can also see it being in East Los Angeles, mainly because of Tropico. 

Ultraviolence transports me to many places, but I mainly feel like it best represents Los Angeles, with songs like West Coast, Shades of Cool, and Is This Happiness. It's very gritty. Also SOMETIMES transports me to Florida (Florida Kilos) and Brooklyn (Brooklyn Baby).

Honeymoon is kinda weird for me. I only associate it with Italy because Honeymoon (the song) was released when I was vacationing there, and the strings sounded very traditional to me.

Lust for Life makes me feel like I'm in Northern California, mainly because of the Woodstocky vibe and social justicey themes.  

sgopYhV.gif

AKA - Trailer Parks in the summer

BTD - Winter, a city 

PD - Summer, by water

UV - any night, all alone, usually in a city

HM - Summer in a field when it's hot, just basking in the sun

LFL - Summer, driving on a highway in the heat

AKA- Some long stretch of road between SE Cal, Nevada, and Arizona with mini junker towns and run down areas

BtD- Twilight by a pier & an underground dim lit jazz club

PD- Bright Morning by a grassy overlook with water nearby

UV- Rainy weather, more of a high class suburban area and condo (think SoC home entirely, just in the rain)

HM- Stereotypical Italian town with the colorful walls and brick overlays w markets and fountains- half in a car the other half laying in the water

LfL- Northern California Roadtrip along the PCH from LA to the Redwoods, stops at a beach with tall cliffs and no one there by night time

:flutter:

I like this topic! I was just thinking about where I associate her albums with the other day.

AKA- trailer parks of NJ, lower to middle class America

BTD- definitely a New York City vibe

Paradise- this one is a mix to me. Some give me open road/Midwest vibes, while others still give me that NYC vibe

Ultraviolence- this one is very specific for me, I think of Long Beach Island in New Jersey but I also think of California a little bit

Honeymoon- definitely California, late summer/early fall

Lust for Life- I don't think it makes me think of anywhere honestly, which is weird to me!

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Hmmm, I remember having posting something similar to this one time, but it's a fun one so imma do it again  :smile2: 

BTD - I like listening to this downtown at night, usually in urban areas, all desolate. By train tracks and the subway.

Paradise - Driving to Las Vegas, going to Las Vegas and leaving too. In the desert, or anywhere during sunset.

UV - At the beach, at the pier, on the rides at night. Driving to it real late is the best.

HM - The suburbs, during the day, and downtown at night.

LFL - Driving in the valley, during the day, and just reveling in it with the windows down, trying to beat the heat. 

UV/Honeymoon

omg I love this idea! Except I'm gonna tweak it a bit~ music is one way my memories are activated so whenever I listen to an album it always makes me flashback to a certain time~ obviously songs are different triggers but i'll try communicate what I remember when I think of albums ahaha

AKA - Fucked in the city, watching the sunrise, dancing by the road

BTD -  I'm leaving a party, I'm drunk and lonely, i'm singing and nothing else exists but blurs

PD - Driving on a long road near my house during the summer, with the music loud and the windows down

UV - In my hotel room in NYC, it's raining outside, i'm exhausted and sad

HM - It's my birthday and the sun is warm, i'm driving in cars with boys

LFL - I'm dancing in my bedroom at night time while everyone is sleeping

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

AKA- Alone in a trailer park, going out with boys to pay for the only meal I can afford 

BtD- In a lavish hotel, sitting on a bed covered in money, half naked, thinking that maybe I finally made it 

UV- Sitting on the beach, smoking a cigarette, being pushed around by my washed out boyfriend and his washed out friends

HM- Hiding seclusive in my home, drinking champagne and wondering how I let things get this far 

LfL- Liberated, on my own, and committing myself to other people over myself. Over the moon, and also on the moon. Literally on the surface of the moon. 

I never thought about each album, but I remember I felt like I was in Bolivia when I listened to Flipside for the first few times. It had a winter and christmas feeling attached to it too.  :P

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

AKA: At a trailer park at night with twinkling christmas lights light up around the trailer. Walking along a dark country road by myself with a gas station glowing up ahead. I wouldn't say it reminds me of a certain period of time. One of the most fascinating things about AKA is how original it is. It's created it's own time period. (Other worldy)

BTD: Definitely the 1950s, driving around New York with a cola bottle and some ice cream, visiting luxury hotels, wining and dining, watching old hollywood movies, visiting old diners, i'd say it's like living as a rich teenager from the 50s.

Paradise: This one takes me to a Paradise unknown to this planet. Something heavenly, something hopeful. Palm tree's and blue skies and the white sunshine. Ethereal realness.

Ultraviolence: 1960s, 1970s aesthetic. Smoking a joint in a vintage car wearing a leather jacket. Black and white palm tree's. Alone in a trashed Motel room, mascara running, hanging out with a bunch of hipsters in brooklyn and listening to old records in an abandoned building near the bay. Old country lanes, abandoned wedding chappels, the art of simplicity. THE best era!!

Honeymoon: 1940s, old italian restaurants, beaches, sunsets, the smell of sweetness in the air, a warm relaxing breeze whilst standing on an open balcony overlooking a neon light city. Limozines, glamorous woman with their rich husbands, empty rose gardens, fascinating old buildings with strange architecture, libraries, maturity.

Lust for Life: 1970s hippy flower girl, peace, free loving people, festivals, daisies, space, black beaches, quiet abandoned docks and piers, a forest with a beautiful pond and a girl wearing a silk dress whilst the birds sit on her shoulder and doves march around her.

... Idk for most of these i was just going by what some of the songs on each album remind me of

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

AKA - I see it as a road trip from the rural american south, where confederate flags wave along side US flags, making its way out West

BTD - The end of summer in New York

PD - The countryside up north

UV - A nondescript city in California at night 

HM - Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama summer

LFL - The beach in the summer along the California (or Florida) coast

takes me away from reality i can tell you that.

when i first started listening to her though, i started dating my now fiance and had found out about his drug addiction, so it didn't really transport me anywhere, i just connected to the lyrics mostly. i thought about leaving a lot..but I stayed and decided to help instead. Ultraviolence really was my go to album for that. I don't know how many times I cried listening to Old Money. I still do. So some Ultraviolence songs transport me back to those times..along with any of her songs related to anything with loving someone who's a drug addict.

other than that...i have lived a very interesting life so I enter a fantasy world...and she makes me miss people i don't even fucking know. like who am i crying over right now lana? this song means nothing to me at all?!

~INSTA1.gif

AKA - small towns, dive bars, dirt roads

Born to Die - Hollywood, luxury cars/buildings

Paradise - the open road as the sun sets and it becomes dark

Ultraviolence - a windy day at the beach, day-drinking

Honeymoon - vacationing abroad, European architecture

Lust For Life - key lime and perfume and festivals :creep:

aka : like arizona, nevada, new mexico on the road - or like rural south areas where theres like nothing around

skipping born to die bc no specific location comes to mind for me but bel air, without you and lucky ones remind me of like a lively street for some reason

paradise's album cover describes it perfectly

ultraviolence : the album cover location / west coast video / the beach in general

honeymoon : like sitting on the side of a road like in the homemade video for honeymoon or driving near beaches bc thats where i played the album a lot

lust for life: i kinda get the vibe of the ride video set in a way, probably bc i was playing a game all about rocky scenery while listening to lfl for the first time  :toofunny:

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

AKA feels like being in a small town and slightly naive but with a fun and sultry side. And being a cowgirl.

Born to Die feels like you just graduated high school and want the entire world to be yours.

Paradise feels like you just got out of church and are getting ready for your job at the strip club.

Ultraviolence feels like opiates and deep heartbreak at the same time. On the beach.

Honeymoon is a portal to romantic and dreamy place where your Italian boyfriend is waiting to either make love or stomp on your heart.

Lust For Life is not knowing who you are but you're desperate to find out. On the Hollywood sign.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

AKA - Small hot town on the summer being poor and SO in love on the road to nowhere with my lover

BTD - Los Angeles during summeritme as a teenager like This Is What Makes Us Girls song

P - sounds dumb but like raising to heaven (the instrumentals are so heavenly i-)

UV - Williamsburg on drugs as a rockstar's lover (fucked relationship)

HM - Malibu and mediterranean places like south California or east Spain

LFL - Ugh i still don't know

xx ldr

AKA - Nevada desert trailer park

BTD - The richer side of NY

PD - Los Angeles

UV - NY/California

HM - California/Italy

LFL - California/Woodstock

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven