BØRNS Feature "God Save Our Young Blood" Out Now + Uncredited Feature on Track "Blue Madonna"

Can’t believe someone made a song worse than Roachella :toofunny:

The instrumental is bad and the lyrics make no sense.

At least Roachella was about something.

And don’t even get me started on the cheap gimmick of including Lana’s name as a featured artist :headache:

Woke up 6 hours late and just listened, i think y'all are overreacting (but whats new :creep: )

It's a cute little song, I DO wish Lana had the bridge to herself because the melody kinda unravels but overall it's a cute song. I won't deny the transition from verse -> chorus is a bit rushed but lbr that's easily fixed, and then with Lana's contribution; it is a børns song, it's not like Summer Bummer in which there's features but at the end of the day it's still HER song and she owns most of it. Y'all need to listen to more genre's bc a feature still a feature (hey Playboi Carti!)

The song is a smooth bop with a much bigger chorus than I thought ngl, and my expectations, while not blown away- my vision for when the song will be a nice drive was right. Palmy n breezy n cloudy n sunny days in May WILL demand for this song, and so will rainy days.

Also not every song neeeds to have purposeful lyrics on the dot, have y'all not read some of the lyrics on Lana's old unreleased acoustic songs? Some are literally just words that relate to her aesthetic and that's it...also I know this probably a moot point but it's not like old pop songs from previous years weren't word soups themselves, if y'all want to see a mindfuck pop song go listen to (and read the lyrics of) Blinded By The Light

e: ok I reread the lyrics on Genius and idk bout y'all but I'm seeing a very clear story. The first verse is them driving through the night, they're tired but hopeful and happy to see the sunrise. He doesn't want to stop driving because he's excited for this new day. The second verse is the supposed 'couple' driving in the day, they're "baptized" in these blue skies, it's like when you're in a foreign country or state and you reach out and feel the brand new air, the wind, the warmth- it's something you have to take it with every sense you have. 

The chorus tells us they're constantly on warm pavement and by the coast (it's obviously California), the 3rd verse is telling us WHY they're here, metaphorically they were kicked out from their previous 'Paradise' and lost total support. With this lack of something to lose, they say fuck it and start driving- they're full of life and don't care. 

The bridge is just him hoping God protects and keeps pure all the good things, while they might've been a lost cause from coexisting with their previous life they don't want this gorgeous one to whittle down. Same with the refrain of "God Save, God Save Our Young Blood", they don't want to lose this spark, curiosity, and excitement. 

It's basically girl or guy probably lost all support from old home, and their partner and them take every risk and decide to drive out to California for a new life, and by the time they're across the border and they see the sunrise- they're hopeful. God save their young blood n protect them 

I think every part of the song is beautiful...... when it's not together. The verses are good, but juxtaposed with the chorus it just sounds messy. The way the chorus is sung is too incongruent to the verses so it sounds a little off. Besides that, I still think it's a cute song. I actually don't mind that Lana is more in the background, although she should've had a solo part in the bridge 

I don't even think I want to read the pages preceding this one because I'm sure you guys are taking this out of proportion 

I actually like børns a lot, I’m seeing him in February, but this was quite underwhelming. He really has such a vocal talent, I don’t know why he would go this monotonous route when what he does best is playing in his upper range (sweet dreams, faded heart, dopamine etc)

Edit: listening again, it just really feels like I’m waiting for something that never comes.

Girl I think we are going to the same show omg

I don't even think I want to read the pages preceding this one because I'm sure you guys are taking this out of proportion 

It's such an overreaction & that's coming from me :rip:

Woke up 6 hours late and just listened, i think y'all are overreacting (but whats new :creep: )

It's a cute little song, I DO wish Lana had the bridge to herself because the melody kinda unravels but overall it's a cute song. I won't deny the transition from verse -> chorus is a bit rushed but lbr that's easily fixed, and then with Lana's contribution; it is a børns song, it's not like Summer Bummer in which there's features but at the end of the day it's still HER song and she owns most of it. Y'all need to listen to more genre's bc a feature still a feature (hey Playboi Carti!)

The song is a smooth bop with a much bigger chorus than I thought ngl, and my expectations, while not blown away- my vision for when the song will be a nice drive was right. Palmy n breezy n cloudy n sunny days in May WILL demand for this song, and so will rainy days.

Also not every song neeeds to have purposeful lyrics on the dot, have y'all not read some of the lyrics on Lana's old unreleased acoustic songs? Some are literally just words that relate to her aesthetic and that's it...also I know this probably a moot point but it's not like old pop songs from previous years weren't word soups themselves, if y'all want to see a mindfuck pop song go listen to (and read the lyrics of) Blinded By The Light

e: ok I reread the lyrics on Genius and idk bout y'all but I'm seeing a very clear story. The first verse is them driving through the night, they're tired but hopeful and happy to see the sunrise. He doesn't want to stop driving because he's excited for this new day. The second verse is the supposed 'couple' driving in the day, they're "baptized" in these blue skies, it's like when you're in a foreign country or state and you reach out and feel the brand new air, the wind, the warmth- it's something you have to take it with every sense you have.

The chorus tells us they're constantly on warm pavement and by the coast (it's obviously California), the 3rd verse is telling us WHY they're here, metaphorically they were kicked out from their previous 'Paradise' and lost total support. With this lack of something to lose, they say fuck it and start driving- they're full of life and don't care.

The bridge is just him hoping God protects and keeps pure all the good things, while they might've been a lost cause from coexisting with their previous life they don't want this gorgeous one to whittle down. Same with the refrain of "God Save, God Save Our Young Blood", they don't want to lose this spark, curiosity, and excitement.

It's basically girl or guy probably lost all support from old home, and their partner and them take every risk and decide to drive out to California for a new life, and by the time they're across the border and they see the sunrise- they're hopeful. God save their young blood n protect them

preach queen

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

honey ily but i only read the first paragraph

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

honey ily but i only read the first paragraph

Read the rest. judgega.gif

I don't like the song, but this analysis is great! 

How's it possible that this track is more awful than the other one that I dare not mention the name off :horror:

Lana featured more on Party Monster than this mess :toofunny: You can hardly hear her.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Eh, I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked it. It's not like Stargirl-level of greatness, but it's a Borns song that features Lana, not the other way around. You can hear her pretty clearly in the choruses and there are a few ad lib things she does throughout the song you can hear that are nice (but you'll probably need headphones for those). I think the theme of the song goes well with Lana's new outlook/trying to find the blue and have a new/different life. But again, this isn't supposed to be a Lana song, it's a Borns song. It's common etiquette to not try and outshine the main singer when featuring on their track, which Lana can do pretty easily without trying (Prisoner says hello). 

7/10, will listen to it again.