BØRNS Feature "God Save Our Young Blood" Out Now + Uncredited Feature on Track "Blue Madonna"

Eh, I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked it. It's not like Stargirl-level of greatness, but it's a Borns song that features Lana, not the other way around. You can hear her pretty clearly in the choruses and there are a few ad lib things she does throughout the song you can hear that are nice (but you'll probably need headphones for those). I think the theme of the song goes well with Lana's new outlook/trying to find the blue and have a new/different life. But again, this isn't supposed to be a Lana song, it's a Borns song. It's common etiquette to not try and outshine the main singer when featuring on their track, which Lana can do pretty easily without trying (Prisoner says hello). 

7/10, will listen to it again. 

This!

Lol literally nobody would be hating this if the solo version was released. Aside the fact that she should have gotten more lines, it does well as an intro. A lot of albums have openers that are purposely minimal or even purely instrumental to set the tone of the record. Just like how a lot of artists choose a quieter and more downtempo song to close an album, the same concept applies here. Idk why y'all are dragging it so hard.

It's not just the fact that Lana's contribution is so small that makes me dislike it. The chorus is messy, it has a boring melody, and the lyrics are repetitive and pretentious. I actually like lots of Borns' songs but this is his worst loll I tried but there's no way I can like this

One​ needs to think

​The choice is- we have a new song, one I consider a great addition to a discography of Lana's.

The other choice is- there would not have been a new song

​End of the day, why would anyone hate having a new song over no new song?
Object is to have MORE music (wouldn't it be great if there was a new song every single day or week?

​then people have a choice-

Good gravy, this isn't life or death politics- if you hate the song or dislike it-  don't turn it on

​and then let everyone else turn it on and tune it in and be happy with a new song and wait until the next new song

​like reading comments in youtube's-  I never understand why anyone who doesn't like the song being commented on would waste precious moments of their life

​commenting on a 3 or 4 minute song they can't stand. When there are hundreds (over 400 in Lana's case), and millions of other songs to listen to (everyone else).

​As for the label designation of "featured" or the wording of a duet between two solo performers, that is usually a contractual reason 

​However, depending on who is writing in say, Billboard magazine in the chart department, a featured is considered equal to some should the song hit the top.

​But keep in mind- Borns has never hit the Hot 100 singles charts as of yet. His closest was on the Bubbling Under chart in 2013 Electric Love #13

​Now as to Borns fans- each and every one should go and buy Born to Die Paradise Ultraviolence Honeymoon and Lust for Life.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Woke up 6 hours late and just listened, i think y'all are overreacting (but whats new :creep: )

It's a cute little song, I DO wish Lana had the bridge to herself because the melody kinda unravels but overall it's a cute song. I won't deny the transition from verse -> chorus is a bit rushed but lbr that's easily fixed, and then with Lana's contribution; it is a børns song, it's not like Summer Bummer in which there's features but at the end of the day it's still HER song and she owns most of it. Y'all need to listen to more genre's bc a feature still a feature (hey Playboi Carti!)

The song is a smooth bop with a much bigger chorus than I thought ngl, and my expectations, while not blown away- my vision for when the song will be a nice drive was right. Palmy n breezy n cloudy n sunny days in May WILL demand for this song, and so will rainy days.

Also not every song neeeds to have purposeful lyrics on the dot, have y'all not read some of the lyrics on Lana's old unreleased acoustic songs? Some are literally just words that relate to her aesthetic and that's it...also I know this probably a moot point but it's not like old pop songs from previous years weren't word soups themselves, if y'all want to see a mindfuck pop song go listen to (and read the lyrics of) Blinded By The Light

e: ok I reread the lyrics on Genius and idk bout y'all but I'm seeing a very clear story. The first verse is them driving through the night, they're tired but hopeful and happy to see the sunrise. He doesn't want to stop driving because he's excited for this new day. The second verse is the supposed 'couple' driving in the day, they're "baptized" in these blue skies, it's like when you're in a foreign country or state and you reach out and feel the brand new air, the wind, the warmth- it's something you have to take it with every sense you have. 

The chorus tells us they're constantly on warm pavement and by the coast (it's obviously California), the 3rd verse is telling us WHY they're here, metaphorically they were kicked out from their previous 'Paradise' and lost total support. With this lack of something to lose, they say fuck it and start driving- they're full of life and don't care. 

The bridge is just him hoping God protects and keeps pure all the good things, while they might've been a lost cause from coexisting with their previous life they don't want this gorgeous one to whittle down. Same with the refrain of "God Save, God Save Our Young Blood", they don't want to lose this spark, curiosity, and excitement. 

It's basically girl or guy probably lost all support from old home, and their partner and them take every risk and decide to drive out to California for a new life, and by the time they're across the border and they see the sunrise- they're hopeful. God save their young blood n protect them 

you are so smart  :gclap:  educate the girls!

Also not every song neeeds to have purposeful lyrics on the dot, have y'all not read some of the lyrics on Lana's old unreleased acoustic songs? 

du du du du MARRRAAAlynnnnnnn MARRRRRRRRaaaaaLYYYNNNNn MaarrrrrIILUNNNNNNNNN OOOooooOOOO MArrrrYLINNNN

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I actually really like it (and I don't usually like BØRNS' songs). The verse melody is cute and catchy, the chorus is nothing special but not that bad either. Love the instrumental and Lana's soft voice, their overlapping vocals remind me a little of The xx.

The two-time Grammy nominee Lana Del Rey agreed to do this?

It sounds like the default ringtone of a Nokia.

nokia ringtones, sweeties, i'm so sorry that a ugly ass bitch like this would even say that 

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

the problem isn't that lana doesn't have a big ass presence in the song, the song itself it's horrible and, honestly, fans that complains about other fans disliking a song or album are so damn annoying  :facepalm:  

btw, yeah, everyone on twitter is enjoying the song

lanaboards is the best

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u