Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

They want to recover the money they lost when The Hollies won over them 

You know the funny thing about what your saying is, is that your probably right. Creep my be one of radiohead's weakest tracks, but it's still their most popular. It's the song that gets played in films and television shows. It's the song people through into playlist, and when you play stations 90's alt, soft rock, ect. on pandora it's going to be one of the songs that will play a lot. Yet they don't make a lot of money from it because of the lawsuit with the Hollies. 

You know the funny thing about what your saying is, is that your probably right. Creep my be one of radiohead's weakest tracks, but it's still their most popular. It's the song that gets played in films and television shows. It's the song people through into playlist, and when you play stations 90's alt, soft rock, ect. on pandora it's going to be one of the songs that will play a lot. Yet they don't make a lot of money from it because of the lawsuit with the Hollies. 

Karma's a bitch

tenor.gif

Well, GF's pre-chorus obviously sounds like Creep. However, that's like 1/4 of the whole song, so 40% are more than enough, considering that it's not even a single and that Radiohead themself were sued over the melody.

a few other things:

It's unlikely that GF will be taken off the record, usually things like this are settled with money or writing credits

And y'all should calm your teenage-asses down, it's most likely the label and their lawyers that is pushing the 100%-thing, not the band.

Plus, it's pretty dumb of Lana to talk/tweet about it in public, especially with her over-obsessive fanbase. This will push the whole thing to a new level and make the Radiohead lawyers become even more relentless.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

And y'all should calm your teenage-asses down, it's most likely the label and their lawyers that is pushing the 100%-thing, not the band.

Plus, it's pretty dumb of Lana to talk/tweet about it in public, especially with her over-obsessive fanbase. This will push the whole thing to a new level and make the Radiohead lawyers become even more relentless.

it actually wasn't considering her statement wasn't messy and there were articles about it already, even NME already reported on it before lana tweeted. she had every right to give a short statement inbefore she gets thrown under the bus and labelled as the one who wasn't willing to settle for sharing the royalties or crediting them before it got public and went to court.

i76mrxw.png 

Is scrapping the song off future releases of LFL a real possibility though? Can it even be done?

Also imagine she loses, re-releases the album and still doesn't do shit about "back to work or go the coffee shop" in the booklet :toofunny:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Is scrapping the song off future releases of LFL a real possibility though? Can it even be done?

Also imagine she loses, re-releases the album and still doesn't do shit about "back to work or go the coffee shop" in the booklet :toofunny:

lol I think she can keep it as a cover?? but she maybe doesn't want to

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I don't want that to happen and I'm positive it won't...but if it does maybe there'll be room for Yosemite on the future releases  :creep:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

nn in the most unlikely event ever happening, yeah. it's more likely that she just doesn't want it on future releases so that's why it's gonna get kicked off and not bc of radiohead not granting her the rights to release it (which they could if it was a cover or whatever tf they're trying to do with that 100% publishing rights thing).

i76mrxw.png 

nn in the most unlikely event ever happening, yeah. it's more likely that she just doesn't want it on future releases so that's why it's gonna get kicked off and not bc of radiohead not granting her the rights to release it (which they could if it was a cover or whatever tf they're trying to do with that 100% publishing rights thing).

King of common sense thanks 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Just thought that this could be interesting, even though it doesn't mean much.

Radiohead's songs on Billboards Hot 100:

Creep, #34, 09-04-1993

Nude, #37, 04-19-2008

High And Dry, #78, 04-06-1996

Lana Del Rey's songs on Billboards Hot 100:
SS remix, #6, 09-21-2013
West Coast, #17, 05-03-2014

Young & Beautiful, #22, 06-01-2013

Love, #44, 03-11-2017

Prisoner, #44, 03-11-2017

High By The Beach, #51, 08-29-2015

Stargirl Interlude, #61, 12-11-2016

Lust For Life, #64, 05-13-2017

Ultraviolence, #70, 06-21-2014

Shades Of Cool, #79, 06-14-2014

Video Games, #91, 01-28-2012

https://www.billboard.com/music/lana-del-rey/chart-history

So 3 of Lana's hits have ranked higher than 37 and 9 have ranked higher than 78. 11 of Lana's songs are on Top 100, only 3 for Radiohead.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just thought that this could be interesting, even though it doesn't mean much.

Radiohead's songs on Billboards Hot 100:

Creep, #34, 09-04-1993

Nude, #37, 04-19-2008

High And Dry, #78, 04-06-1996

Lana Del Rey's songs on Billboards Hot 100:
SS remix, #6, 09-21-2013
West Coast, #17, 05-03-2014

Young & Beautiful, #22, 06-01-2013

Love, #44, 03-11-2017

Prisoner, #44, 03-11-2017

High By The Beach, #51, 08-29-2015

Stargirl Interlude, #61, 12-11-2016

Lust For Life, #64, 05-13-2017

Ultraviolence, #70, 06-21-2014

Shades Of Cool, #79, 06-14-2014

Video Games, #91, 01-28-2012

https://www.billboard.com/music/lana-del-rey/chart-history

So 3 of Lana's hits have ranked higher than 37 and 9 have ranked higher than 78. 11 of Lana's songs are on Top 100, only 3 for Radiohead.

RADIOQUEEF FAIL AGAIN  :dance:

giphy.gif  

Of course a song can be taken off an album as easily as the entire Paradise was added to an enlarged Born to Die

which would of course make any copy an instant collector's item (as no one can force an individual who purchased to discard it).

And having a new LFL album would mean all people would buy that (same as I bought Paradise and the extended Born to Die

(and have like 20 LFL physical items

What could also disappear is any on-line (including the one performance of it)

It matters little what Sam Smith or anyone else did.

ALSO-the Hollies themselves have no say in this, as they did not write Air that I breathe- that was songwriter Albert Hammond Sr

and Mike Hazelwood, (who also sang but also worked writing for others).

also- people gotta take their personal feelings out of it. Matters little calling RH names or saying Lana is bigger.

(In fact, Radiohead is like Guns N Roses. One can say each are hasbeens today, but they were important in their time.)

and lawsuits are crapshoots- whatever judge jury and whether the judge/jury is anti-women or pro could make a difference.

One reason it is a shame Lana doesn't sue when T.S. so stole her music is, people start thinking when they hear Lana's song

that SHE stole from T.S. and you can't convince people it is reverse. (Same with all the others who stole from her.)

I do think people should prepare themselves that the song will not be available.

AND I also think people on this site who are actually Lana fans should stop so easily stealing music, asking for leaks,

and even printing out more than 4 paragraphs of articles that are © (like the Billboard article).

While other countries have different rules, one cannot cut/paste a long article. (The law allows 4 paragraph fair use.)

(and no, one can't print 4 and in a new post another 4 another 4 etc.)

the 'thirst" as a few call it, needs to dry up.

One question- it's the music that is in question, correct? Not the words.

So wouldn't technically that mean Lana could recite the words as a poem (like Burnt Norton?)

or are there words in question. I really don't see one word in the song that is in Get Free (nor is the out of the black into the blue)

and indeed the entire Creep is a 100% steal of Air that I breathe, so indeed Albert Hammond deserved to win the lawsuit

(there is nothing original in the Radiohead song at all, it is a direct take of Air that I breathe, whether conscious or not).

that being said...

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp