Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

There’s no way that she would lie about these details considering they have been having negotiations since last year. It would harm her

She would have more to lose if she was lying. Bad press and shit.

Of course she isn't lying.

I have nothing but respect for my president.

lana_del_rey_witch.jpg

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

In reality they want 50%, but they are asking the highest percentage, it's negotiation. She wants that track to remain hers (it's her baby), so she won't give them 50%. Maybe the court thing is what Lana anticipate is gonna happen next, but in reality they just didn't give her an answer yet.

"We want 100%" is different than "We will only accept 100%" when you are negotiate.

What exactly is the difference? In her tweet, she said she was willing to offer up to 40%, yet they refused it. The next logical step would be a) you give us 100% or b) see you in court.

Remember when the same thing happened with Video Games and Lolita and the song Blind by De Kift. I don't know if they sued her, though. Poor Lana, I don't think she wants to ruin her name purposely.

What exactly is the difference? In her tweet, she said she was willing to offer up to 40%, yet they refused it. The next logical step would be a) you give us 100% or b) see you in court.

The next logical step is to go up to 50%. They refused 40% because they want her to go up to 50%, or maybe 60%, but really wanting 100% is not logical. I don't like when people negotiate like that, I find it insulting. It's intimidating. If I was Lana, my first offer would have been 1% "haha you wanna play that game?"

Radiohead is going to get a lot of shit if they really do end up getting 100%. Thom Yorke and Lana just need to meet up, talk about it, and be like, "This is stupid" and drop it. But apparently it's the label so idk. This is just a mess.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

the same way y'all talk about radiohead trying to make a comeback reminds me too much of the comments made by The_Doanld users when she was hexing trump/shitting on him

maybe you guys aren't being stupid and its just a cultural thing to defend one's superior and claim the accuser is trying to make some sort of comeback when in fact its a personal issue 

if anything its Lana herself craving the attention with putting the reference in the PWYC performance

Via Rolling Stone:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/songs-on-trial-10-landmark-music-copyright-cases-20160608/lana-del-rey-vs-radiohead-2018-w515233?utm_source=tumblr&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=music+copyright+cases

A rep for Warner/Chappell admits to talking with Del Rey's team over the tracks, but says no legal action has been initiated. "As Radiohead's music publisher, it's true that we've been in discussions since August of last year with Lana Del Rey's representatives," the statement read.

"It's clear that the verses of 'Get Free' use musical elements found in the verses of 'Creep' and we've requested that this be acknowledged in favor of all writers of 'Creep.' To set the record straight, no lawsuit has been issued and Radiohead have not said they 'will only accept 100 percent' of the publishing of 'Get Free.'"

the same way y'all talk about radiohead trying to make a comeback reminds me too much of the comments made by The_Doanld users when she was hexing trump/shitting on him

maybe you guys aren't being stupid and its just a cultural thing to defend one's superior and claim the accuser is trying to make some sort of comeback when in fact its a personal issue 

if anything its Lana herself craving the attention with putting the reference in the PWYC performance

I wouldn't say she's asking for attention, it's probably just a good way for her to get it out. 

8V7Yvel.png

the same way y'all talk about radiohead trying to make a comeback reminds me too much of the comments made by The_Doanld users when she was hexing trump/shitting on him

Why do you have a snake as your profile picture? lel

The thing that worries me is that Lana tweeted that Radiohead themselves are behind all of this (based on the way she worded it) and probably it's just RH's publishers/representatives, which might lead to Lana getting even more shit from everyone. 

But Lana's tweet was a bold move. Her team probably wouldn't allow it that wasn't true. And I guess the representatives or publishers or whatever wouldn't make the move without asking the band first. 

Denying everything she said is also a bold move :biblio: 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

If my memory serves me right it was a british tabloid which reported the "sue" thing first, way before Lana tweeted anything...? This is pretty confusing right now. Maybe Lana should've kept silent about all this so that the newspapers would do the fighting and wording...

If my memory serves me right it was a british tabloid which reported the "sue" thing first, way before Lana tweeted anything...? This is pretty confusing right now. Maybe Lana should've kept silent about all this so that the newspapers would do the fighting and wording...

yes it was the sun (i think)

i76mrxw.png 

Her label would never approve of publishing the tweet if she wasn’t telling factual details.

Radiohead​ blinked

and Hammond/Hazelwood are now going to be included in lyrics which is the right thing to do

(no other scenario makes sense)..  

Hope

and this means it will be only one (40%?) not two separate ones

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp