Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Can't wait to hear the direction of LDR6. My guess is that it will be about -at least in part - making peace with yourself, to grow and try to be happy.

I agree with everything else you said, no wonder I enjoy reading your posts so much lol. Great minds and all!

I really would love this direction though. I'm kind of at that point personally as well so it would be nice to share that with her music. She is so cathartic in many ways.  

She has such good timing and is so easily relatable! I think we are in store for something good! Really cannot wait, just a few days and we will have a good indicator of what may be coming.

Hopefully the rest of it is coming sooner rather than later.

I just hope she’ll use more of her ability to hit those high notes on the record

I love the high notes also, I can feel them kicking in where that snippet of MAC ends. I'd be down for that. I really love the juxtaposition of her lower register against her high notes.

I love the high notes also, I can feel them kicking in where that snippet of MAC ends. I'd be down for that. I really love the juxtaposition of her lower register against her high notes.

That's literally the best thing about Lana vocally, her low notes are mysterious, dark, sultry, silky, smokey, adjective adjective, and then she comes with her angelic, opera-like, disney princess, sweet like honey high notes. That's so Lana. Trademark!  Ugh, she's just so amazing. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Idk atm, but when u asked, I immediately thought of Mazzy Star. That would be something. 

That would be something aha, if there is any I'm expecting iconic (like Stevie) or really obscure new artists

Do you think there'll be any collaborations or features this time around? If so, who?

I’m going to say no collabs or features on this one.

That would be something aha, if there is any I'm expecting iconic (like Stevie) or really obscure new artists

LOL, thinking about how BP came out, for me, it was beautiful, even if Stevie's tone sounded a bit nasal and warped. Bp is a classic. Idk if it'd be a great idea to do another collab with her atm, bc it might lessen what they've worked on already if that makes sense. 

and yeah I feel like she'd more than likely collab with other artists on their songs, not on her own. I think the Weeknd is an exception since they go way back. Lust for Life seemed like a celebration of life for an album, or at least, a catching up to speed with it, in some sense. 

Florence? Maybe.

I'm kinda hoping the collabs are minimal on the next one tho. Just my pref. Highly saturated in Lana's perspective ie. HM

UV/Honeymoon

LOL, thinking about how BP came out, for me, it was beautiful, even if Stevie's tone sounded a bit nasal and warped. Bp is a classic. Idk if it'd be a great idea to do another collab with her atm, bc it might lessen what they've worked on already if that makes sense. 

and yeah I feel like she'd more than likely collab with other artists on their songs, not on her own. I think the Weeknd is an exception since they go way back. Lust for Life seemed like a celebration of life for an album, or at least, a catching up to speed with it, in some sense. 

Florence? Maybe.

I'm kinda hoping the collabs are minimal on the next one tho. Just my pref. Highly saturated in Lana's perspective ie. HM

Yeah I wouldn't want her to collab with any of the LFL features on this one (other than A$AP), but she does seem to have collaborated much more since LFL, The Weeknd, Borns, Cat Power etc. So I'm definitely expecting at least one. But I do love all her solo albums when it's just her 

I hope we get a cute album cover for once

Idk atm, but when u asked, I immediately thought of Mazzy Star. That would be something.

A Hope Sandoval collab would be legendary, but not happening.

I do need this album to be the Lana meets Mazzy album Ive always wanted, though

It's almost 2019, and people don't respect HM? Putting it in a last place on your lists? Check your ears, please.

EDIT: Is the single out yet?

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I'm sick of the recent obsession with lana towards mazzy on the Internet, as it usually revolves around comparing lana negatively to her as a b rate version(of course this has nothing to do with your comment it just reminded me sorry) but yeah I'd hate a collab because tbh I don't like their music and it would just fuel the fire for comments about plagiarism.

Is Mazzy Star someone relevant, for lack of a better way to put that? Cuz I've never heard anyone compare Lana to her except on this board.

giphy.gif