Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

They were popular in the 90s with their song “fade into you” @baddisease

Honestly it’s almost impossible not to compare Lana to mazzy star. Hope and Lana share many similarities

Of course Lana is totally unique but there are some songs of her (especially from Paradise, UV and HM) that fit perfectly between Mazzy Star and Portishead. But Lana's music catalog is quite different from those two artists I mentioned and Mazzy Star have never made music like the one you can hear on BTD, LFL etc. MS just have one style (slow guitar music with a desert feeling to it) while Lana has a wide range and a lot of influences (MS being one of them).

I'm hearing rumors she submitted songs to Tarantino's new flick.

I haven't heard any rumors, but I've been thinking to myself that Lana might make a song for the film since its taking place in Los Angeles during the Manson murders. It's supposed to be premiered next year (I just checked on IMDb lol), so I guess she'd have to make a song for it soon if they would use it. She's been pretty busy with the tour lately and having a small vacation.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I'm sick of the recent obsession with lana towards mazzy on the Internet, as it usually revolves around comparing lana negatively to her as a b rate version(of course this has nothing to do with your comment it just reminded me sorry) but yeah I'd hate a collab because tbh I don't like their music and it would just fuel the fire for comments about plagiarism.

Oh honestly no worries, I was unaware. Like for me it's not that deep, I was streaming music online and theirs came up, and I was like, hey I kinda dig this, it reminds me of Lana. Anyway, yeah agreed, less collabs. 

UV/Honeymoon

Wait, people here want collabs?!?! Now I'm confused!!! It seems I've been hearing a lot of trash and shitting on ALL of her recent collabs, from LFL to the ones she did for other artists as well.  :facepalm: 

I love everyone of the songs she has been featured on, even if her voice is minimal. Love the LFL collabs as well. 

But I must say that I am not so sure she should do as many this time around... There is the Marina one (a very safe bet at this point), whether it is coming on a Lana album or EP (anyone else feels it could be the second single we get this week?) or on Marina's album... Other than that, I don't know. Some of you mention Mazy, and it would be very nice I think. But maybe for another project? 

Wait, people here want collabs? I love everyone of the songs she has been featured on. Love the LFL collabs as well. But I must say that I am not so sure she should do as many this time around... There is the Marina one (a very safe bet at this point).

I definitely don't want as many as LFL, but I think we should expect it... I wouldn't mind A$AP again, but that's about it from the LFL features. And is Marina definite? I just don't see it, I imagine their collaboration may have been writing or something else? I kinda don't want a Marina collab on the album  :toofunny:

You took my sadness out of context / at the mariners apartment complex 

tenor.gif?itemid=7807226

I ain't no candle in the wind 

LMAO

I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder

tumblr_meyvyyBrbv1rgl1joo1_500.gif

You took my sadness out of context / at the mariners apartment complex 

tenor.gif?itemid=7807226

I ain't no candle in the wind 

me on friday tumblr_mr4mbdPcDY1rgahtro1_400.gif

LMAO

I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder

tumblr_meyvyyBrbv1rgl1joo1_500.gif

FUCK, THIS GIFS  :lmao:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***