Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Tell us more daddy x :krylie:

Literally all I was told was "something (dealing with lana) is gonna happen in September". She didnt know exactly what. But something news worthy.

And here we are. We love an accurate fortune teller

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

So ready for this to be her self titled, who I truly am as an artist era

Lead single????????????????????????????????? what IS THIS A PART OF?????????????? STANDALONE?????/ I DONT CARE ILL TAKE IT 

I'd love this to be a lead single, but perhaps stand alones? What if the second is Yosemite and these are the folk singles she said she's drop before the next record  :defeated:

Also if this is the start of a new record I hope the role out is more Honeymoon, than LFL... I need that hazy October album to see me into 2019.

I hope the new record is darker than LFL but still hopeful if that makes sense?  :toofunny: Like BTD, Paradise, UV and HM was a girl stuck in love with a man (or multiple) and she was blinded by him. With LFL it felt like she'd finally escaped from her lover and thought she'd be happy but then realised there were dark things going on in the world, the world she'd ignored for so many years.

idk the way she phrased it "end of summer jams" it makes them sound very stand-alone. I feel like like these songs were made before the august sessions because it looks like they shot the vid for it in July, so I predict we'll get a lead single somewhere in early/mid 2019 

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Literally all I was told was "something (dealing with lana) is gonna happen in September". She didnt know exactly what. But something news worthy.

And here we are. We love an accurate fortune teller

Except for the fact that the song was done in July/August and you stated this in early June. I don’t think dropping two songs that were not even recorded (even though we don’t know about the other one) was planned back in May/June. Actually I think it’s easy to predict such things because no one really notices if it doesn’t happen in the end - anyway it hasn’t been 12 months since the end of the LFL era, and I think you can find one insider predicting something happening (which actually is vague enough for people to put like anything in it) for each month in 2018. I’m not coming for you, but I just wouldn’t pay the highest attention to the future predictions of this insider

Besides I really like the stripped-down feel to this song and I wouldn’t mind several acoustic ones on LDR6 :)

So just sitting thinking about this whole standalone tracks vs rolling into the next album debate.

We all know that Lana is always making music, sometimes even during the mixing process for the current record. I don't know, I just don't get the feeling that these are going to be standalone tracks. It's been well over a year and plenty of time for her to have a new album composed. Rather that album is all new tracks or a combination of new music mixed with older never released outtakes.

Lana likes a schedule and planning and there seems to be a feeling of a rollout here to me. She has been extremely quiet here recently which makes me feel like we are due for an album, if not a full one maybe an EP.

She and Jack have actually been working together for several months now. As someone mentioned before I don't see her releasing one or two tracks off handedly with a new producer. That would more likely happen with Rick if anything.

The whole "two end of summer jams" makes me think maybe these two songs are akin to her feel of summer and the rest of the possible record will be a little more winter/fall toned. I really wouldn't be surprised if we have an album by December!

Either way God is real, and heaven is a place on earth.

Does next week mean Tuesday or Friday??

Apparently Genius and somewhere else (can't remember) have Mariner's listed as coming out on 12th, Wednesday.