Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

HIAB sounds kinda popish, and Jack Antonoff is known for working with pop artists (Lorde, TS, etc). One of the reasons I love Lana is her unique and depressing sound. I PRAY that’s she doesn’t go pop!!! UV pt 2 please!!!

I'm afraid we will never get another UV. It was a really peculiar time of her life: she was super depressed that so many songs had been leaked, she wasn't sure she wanted to do music anymore. She said, months following the release of UV, that she had "gone too far", that she would not dwelve so much into those dark lyrics. Maybe this is why she might be telling Sylvia Plath's story on the Sylvia song, in order to give us a super sad song but that is not so much personal.

I would take a retro-guitar driven album made of sexy songs about desire and such, though... This could be a nice "follow-up" to UV.

I'm afraid we will never get another UV. It was a really peculiar time of her life: she was super depressed that so many songs had been leaked, she wasn't sure she wanted to do music anymore. She said, months following the release of UV, that she had "gone too far", that she would not dwelve so much into those dark lyrics. Maybe this is why she might be telling Sylvia Plath's story on the Sylvia song, in order to give us a super sad song but that is not so much personal.

I would take a retro-guitar driven album made of sexy songs about desire and such, though... This could be a nice "follow-up" to UV.

I dont want another Ultraviolence, because I know that it won't live up to ultra's legacy (even though Ultra is my least favorite album; I still understand it's place in her discography). I love that during Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, and even Paradise she was all about the music. I want that again. I feel like during BTD she was trying to win the critics and the fans over, and I think the same thing happened with LFL. I don't care what kind of music Lana makes as long as she puts her all into the music, because I know it will be good.

To be the saddest song she ever made, Sylvia has to top Pin Up Galore...

If she sings it like this 

It'll be one of her best

Not gonna lie with you, LFL's MV were so dissapointed, except for Love. I'm lowkey scared if this happens again, haha.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

50 pages already

wow

Lana's Impact!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Lana Del Rey: Lizzy is Dead

I love & respect the Lizzy eras but can you imagine how iconic...

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

Not gonna lie with you, LFL's MV were so dissapointed, except for Love. I'm lowkey scared if this happens again, haha.

Am I the only one who really doesn’t care about music videos? Yeah her earlier ones were really dope as was Tropico. But they just don’t do it for me. I dont have the patience to watch anybody’s but Lana’s.

Also I think her BTD videos were so amazing because she worked on the record for so long and had so many ideas and thoughts about the album visuals pre-fame she couldn’t obviously do without a label. Once she had the resources she did everything she wanted to do and now it’s more about the music? Idk

Am I the only one who really doesn’t care about music videos? Yeah her earlier ones were really dope as was Tropico. But they just don’t do it for me. I dont have the patience to watch anybody’s but Lana’s.

Also I think her BTD videos were so amazing because she worked on the record for so long and had so many ideas and thoughts about the album visuals pre-fame she couldn’t obviously do without a label. Once she had the resources she did everything she wanted to do and now it’s more about the music? Idk

I think when Lana has good ideas for a video she ends up cancelling them because they might cause contreversy, like the allegedly cancelled ultraviolence video

I do think Lana's videos are still great though, the Love video was amazing and Honeymoon's videos might've been very low key but I think they were fitting. Ultraviolence's videos are also underrated, I love the west coast video so much, but yea her BTD/paradise era videos were alot more creative

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I think when Lana has good ideas for a video she ends up cancelling them because they might cause contreversy, like the allegedly cancelled ultraviolence video

True. Also seems like the videos she wants to do she’s not allowed to or can’t find a director to do it. So she just kinda gave up