Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I'm glad some of y'all are finally waking up and agreeing with taste aka a grunge/rock album with dark dramatic vocals, it's what I've been advocating for the most. A folk album would be disgustingly boring and not that I care for sales but it'd flop so damn hard, a grunge/rock album would do more for her career and artistry and would give us insane live performances with all those heavy guitars, drums and brooding dark vocals, like I can't even imagine how lackluster and boring it would be for her to tour with a full folk album  :toofunny:

its not like it could be like Honeymoon and she could just.......not tour for it..... y’all said honeymoon was boring and would flop but it turned out to be her most critically acclaimed album and say its one of her best now. all im saying is dont act like anythig she does isnt unpredictable when you just want UV 2.0 so you dont have to expand your close minded horizons. x

its not like it could be like Honeymoon and she could just.......not tour for it..... y’all said honeymoon was boring and would flop but it turned out to be her most critically acclaimed album and say its one of her best now. all im saying is dont act like anythig she does isnt unpredictable when you just want UV 2.0 so you dont have to expand your close minded horizons. x

grunge folk.....like neutral milk hotel !!!!!

e1s11.gif

I've never said honeymoon the album is boring..my username even references it and her not touring would be really fucking boring. So u want her to release a boring folk album and have a boring era? choices 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I've never said honeymoon the album is boring..my username even references it and her not touring would be really fucking boring. So u want her to release a boring folk album and have a boring era? choices 

but why do you think folk has to be boring?  

e1s11.gif

because what she has done with it so far has been well..boring? like tnc is cringey snoozefest and u guys have said y'all want an album full of TNC's which is what I'm basing it on, I just don't think folk is the right direction at all especially because it's gonna play into her vocal delivery being very lackluster and all that mid range shit since I don't think it'll give her room to experiment vocally but this is just all my opinion lol

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

because what she has done with it so far has been well..boring? like tnc is cringey snoozefest and u guys have said y'all want an album full of TNC's which is what I'm basing it on, I just don't think folk is the right direction at all especially because it's gonna play into her vocal delivery being very lackluster and all that mid range shit since I don't think it'll give her room to experiment vocally but this is just all my opinion lol 

BEHOLD

thank me later

e1s11.gif

everyone here has different interpretations of a folk album because the word folk is just an umbrella term. we also related the term to BAR, BPBP, CHN2, the entire AKA album, etc.

It's a lovely genre, but she has done it before with Sirens. She doesn't need to do it again. In my opinion, it's too plain for Lana. It doesn't require great vocals or a big cinematic production, and with a voice like Lana's; to not have that is just a waste. Leave folk for the less talented artists.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It's a lovely genre, but she has done it before with Sirens. She doesn't need to do it again. In my opinion, it's too plain for Lana. It doesn't require great vocals or a big cinematic production, and with a voice like Lana's; to not have that is just a waste. Leave folk for the less talented artists.

I disagree.Sirens is very good but it's amateur in so many ways 

a folk album doesn't mean we're getting another sirens..the production/vocals/songwriting is what matters the most

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

A more stripped-down production album could showcase her voice more and expose more «raw» emotion (many have stated that LFL lacked on that matter; maybe the emotion got a bit more «buffed» by LFL's heavier production and layers). Whether it would be a folk album or something else. TNC, BAR, You Must Love Me, Change: all of these could be a good direction to dive into for the next album. HIaB seemed in that vein as well. 

But if she decides to completely change direction, to go grunge or whatever, I will be there to listen and enjoy. She is one of the few female singers that can dive into different genres from album to album. I love how each one of her last four records and EP sounded different while still feeling familiar at the same time. 

as for her future tours... My fave albums from her (UV and HM) are hardly the ones that could be appropriate for the big arena settings she has done lately. I dream of the day when she is a little less popular maybe, and decides to do UV from cover to cover, on a smaller scene, for «one night only». Or a full orchestral venue of HM in a theater. Or just a small acoustic show of her songs in an intimate and smaller place (including or not the expected folk songs of LDR6, if this is still the direction she wants LDR6 to take).

Remember she once said that she wanted to make music that she could perform live, so as much as i'd love a screamo grunge album from her i just cant picture her putting in that much effort into a live performance for a whole album

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I've mentioned this before but there are a TON of different variations of folk music. It's not just vocals and acoustic guitar. Pls learn your genres folks. x

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i want her to collab with imogen heap

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Remember she once said that she wanted to make music that she could perform live

But this bitch keeps on overplaying BTD nonetheless so what's the point of making a new album  :crossed: Trust No One

ZKcaooE.png

Ok but why she keep deleting stuff? Like what is she gaining? Her Instagram is so boring now. She took away alot of memorable moments.

Apparently it wasn’t memorable to her. Why are y’all so worried about her Instagram? She has her intentions of doing that