Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

what happened to that ep she talked about, no sense putting out one as a follow-up to LFL anymore. rip roses bloom for you and yosemite and in with the new stuff 

what happened to that ep she talked about, no sense putting out one as a follow-up to LFL anymore. rip roses bloom for you and yosemite and in with the new stuff 

I don't think she ever talked about an EP after Lust for Life. The only thing she ever said was releasing Yosemite and BAR as standalone singles MAYBE. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

At the amoeba show, iirc. But it was just a random comment, something like "I'll maybe release them as standalone singles or something"

Ohh. Yeah, I bet she forgot about it as soon as she said it. I don't think we'll get something soon, but I'm keeping my hopes up for Yosemite on the next album/EP.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ohh. Yeah, I bet she forgot about it as soon as she said it. I don't think we'll get something soon, but I'm keeping my hopes up for Yosemite on the next album/EP.

When did she say that?

Yeah that Amoeba thing got our hopes all up for nothing... The Yosemite / BAR single was an idea that got a big maybe after. And it's at that event that she first mentioned the collection of her 25 favorite leaked songs... But what got ignored was the comment she said afterwards: «yeah but I don't know, maybe it would be too much work» (or something in that vein).

i'd be here for this type of content on LDR6

God this made me think about how the bonus tracks off of ultra are almost their own album. Sometimes I play the bonus tracks along with Angels Forever, Hollywood, Starry Eyed, Your Girl, Fine China, Say Yes to Heaven, and JFK. Her magnum opus that never happened. Could you imagine if she made an album like that. @ Rick Nowles @ Lana Del Rey I know u can make that happen.

she literally always gets asked about these things then she says maybe she's gonna do smth with it (them) etc. and then the gays on here, twitter and instagram think she's gonna release a mv or ep soon hmm. 

if she wants to release smth she'll let us know.

i76mrxw.png 

God this made me think about how the bonus tracks off of ultra are almost their own album. Sometimes I play the bonus tracks along with Angels Forever, Hollywood, Starry Eyed, Your Girl, Fine China, Say Yes to Heaven, and JFK. Her magnum opus that never happened. Could you imagine if she made an album like that. @ Rick Nowles @ Lana Del Rey I know u can make that happen.

YES! The untouchable five holds a very special place in my heart.

Same with the late pre-UV tracks - Fine China, YTH, Black Beauty Nowels version, Chelsea Hotel, Summer Wine, even Some Things Last a Long Time. There's something so unique about this tiny era right before she broke up with Barrie. It's my favorite era music-wise if I'm honest. I'd do anything to get my hands on other unreleased tracks from around that time. I pair them all with Is This Happiness which I think belong there personally.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I really miss Barrie...  :toofunny:

I thought I was the only one :crying4:

I only had 3 power couples I believed in dearly & they constantly reassured me about eventually finding THAT soulmate: my parents, Miley/Liam and Lana and Barrie. Only one stands still on this very day and I'm deeply touched by this even though it's silly shit lol

I get that people come and go but I truly believed in them even by the way she was talking about him in a couple of interviews (like that one where she was saying no ones lives and breathes poetry like they both do & she hasn't met anyone quite like that before).

A tiny bit of me also thinks she lost her ability to write beautiful, truly romantic lyrics the second she stated they're no longer together

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Yes, those are some of her absolutely most beautiful songs  :defeated: my go-to for when I wanna listen to something dreamy and romantic but still melancholic. I Don't Wanna Go also totally belongs with those songs.