Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

@salivatore rat

@salivatore is a gross fugly little bitch

Norman F-cking Rockwell, the upcoming LP from songbird Lana Del Rey is set to be pushed back from its original, unannounced release date of March 29th to August 15th, as she gears up for an entire remake of the record. Del Rey states "Throughout working with Jack and living a more private life through the grounds of Echo Park with my friends and family I've found myself re-inspired, working back in my good friend Rick Nowel's camp has made me rethink what I've been recording for the past year and the sonic direction I've been attempting to take for 2 years now- I want to tap into more modern themes and sounds so that I can help myself navigate such tumultuous times instead of living in the past. If Lust for Life was a starting line, this is my second wind. I've actually reached out to several friends I've made in the business recently to lend their artistry into the new 'fiery tracks' such as Nicki Minaj and Zayn- so we'll we will have to see where that goes. I'm incredibly excited for what's to come and I can't wait for the kids to hear it!" Del Rey told E! News at her recent red carpet appearance at the British Fashion Awards - E! News

get a job fatty

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

imagine stanning folk and hating on cinnamon, what kind of white trash pig would think like that? i can think of a few names...

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

what if Lana treats the album art the same as the singles and puts no text on it?

I wouldn’t mind, as long as the picture is better than the phone quality ones we’ve seen so far.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I don't think she can scrap the album and start again. She started working on it at the end of 2017 like December and then with Jack in January, she just can't scrap an entire year of work. It's wasted money, time, and would be so disrespectful for Jack.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

She could release this was a christimas gift and to calm our spirits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhxg1n4oOvA

Exactly! That one or a non-NFR track would be perfect: no need to have a big shit release and all.

I don't think she can scrap the album and start again. She started working on it at the end of 2017 like December and then with Jack in January, she just can't scrap an entire year of work. It's wasted money, time, and would be so disrespectful for Jack.

You’re right, she can’t. All of those suggesting it are the fragile souls still suffering PTSD or some shit because LFL is supposed to be the worst shit in the world. And even for LFL, which we know she changed its sound, she didn’t scrap it altogether: she put aside the acoustic part of the album and added a few songs.

You’re right, she can’t. All of those suggesting it are the fragile souls still suffering PTSD or some shit because LFL is supposed to be the worst shit in the world. And even for LFL, which we know she changed its sound, she didn’t scrap it altogether: she put aside the acoustic part of the album and added a few songs.

the xenophobia of this site is a problem

We don’t dislike you beacuse you’re French, we dislike you beacuse you’re rude

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

If this album really don't come out til the end of March and only has 11 tracks I'm going to.. die

Lorde took 4 years to produce an album with jack and ended up giving us only 11 songs. but that album is a masterpiece. trust the process. of course lana and lorde are two different artists but they both have the influence of Jack’s magical production.

giphy.gif

Lorde took 4 years to produce an album with jack and ended up giving us only 11 songs. but that album is a masterpiece. trust the process. of course lana and lorde are two different artists but they both have the influence of Jack’s magical production.

And no tea but lets not forget that Melodrama has like 10 producers while NFR is being produced solely by Lana and Jack, it amazes me how Lana can work so fast compared to other artists and still SERVE  :makeup:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I mean why?? she has payed him, she owes nothing to him. lana "owns" the artistic vision and if it doesn't fit she can scrap it.

like she owes nothing her producer, just the money for the labour he offered (which I guess she pays him??? bc Lana is a decent human being??? idk)

also i doubt lana cares about wasting money lmao

Damn, how many times, NFR has not been scrapped! We legit have a release date, we know the album was in it's final stages (and Jack was still working with her), she's just enjoying her holidays, getting ready to launch the Gucci campaign and most likely finalising the album (i.e. tracklist, art work etc.)

Damn, how many times, NFR has not been scrapped! We legit have a release date, we know the album was in it's final stages (and Jack was still working with her), she's just enjoying her holidays, getting ready to launch the Gucci campaign and most likely finalising the album (i.e. tracklist, art work etc.)

I think she will dedicate January and February to campaign launch parties at cosmetics stores or something like that and then March MUSIC

Lust For Dead   large.gif

I think she will dedicate January and February to campaign launch parties at cosmetics stores or something like that and then March MUSIC

Absolutely, it's perfect.

I imagine we'll get another single in January, alongside the album art and release date etc. She'll talk about the album and tease song titles etc throughout the Gucci campaign (there'll be lots of press so perfect promo). We'll probably get a buzz single in February alongside the pre-order and then the album in March.