Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

"alexis.wright29Eye know your true colors,,,eye watched how cold and cruel you are for many years,,long before you were Lana Del Rey,,,Light king,,,funny you changed your name and gave a bogus explanation to why you changed,,,you changed your name to Lana Del Rey which means light king right after eye explained what my china doll's name means in english,, King Sunshine,, it is what her name really means and her mom used a combination of her name and the given name in old ancient text"

...i could be your china doll, if you like to see me fall.

where are these comments from? i'm a little lost and still tew shook about the trailer park conspiracy

Somebody was commenting on her insta posts. Honestly this is a mentally ill person, we really shouldn’t look into it

People suffering from schizophrenia have a certain pattern to their speech and writing, which I've seen again and again online and in real life, and it always makes me sad to see people reposting things like that as 'true' or 'rumour'.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

"alexis.wright29Eye know your true colors,,,eye watched how cold and cruel you are for many years,,long before you were Lana Del Rey,,,Light king,,,funny you changed your name and gave a bogus explanation to why you changed,,,you changed your name to Lana Del Rey which means light king right after eye explained what my china doll's name means in english,, King Sunshine,, it is what her name really means and her mom used a combination of her name and the given name in old ancient text"

...i could be your china doll, if you like to see me fall.

where are these comments from? i'm a little lost and still tew shook about the trailer park conspiracy

light king??? lana del rey means "wool of the king"

I’m sure now Heroin is undoubtably about Rob.

I think so too for many reasons but this is the most obvious

Just from this line alone

“Life rocked me like Mötley bad beginning to my new year” he died dec 30 2011.

I think so too for many reasons but this is the most obvious

Just from this line alone

“Life rocked me like Mötley bad beginning to my new year” he died dec 30 2011.

That’s exactly what I was gonna say!

So fulfilling to have two songs figured out at least.

Can we organise some kind of group project to get this updated from UV onwards (and info about songs already here) ?

I guess people in their spare time could list the recent songs and who they're about and why and SH can update the OP when he has time?

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Yes it seems Heroin is undoubtedly about Rob. I found all of these references to the moon particularly interesting

unknown.png

I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin.

He seemed to have a strong affinity to the moon

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Something about all of this unnerves me so much, like, not the fact that we're able to find and discuss places she was living and people she was dating or friends with. But just that her story is so.....weird. It makes blonde Lizzy Grant seem like a figment of some sort, a completely different person, especially when you look at Lana now and see how drastically she's changed.

Also I think a lot of Lizzy's odd behavior can be chalked up to drugs. Speaking from experience, her actions in interviews from the Lizzy era seem like she used uppers like coke or speed, so her acting weird doesn't necessarily mean that she was lying or didn't really like in the park. I don't necessarily think she was an addict but it seems to have informed a lot of her life at that point. 

To connect the fact that she always sings about the same person I'm gonna analyze Cruel World. Doing bel Air later

"Shared my body and my mind with you

That's all over now

Did what I had to do

'Cause you're so far past me now"

She had a very intimate relationship with Rob & never really moved on. Now, she had started to date, Barrie, & knew she needed to let go in order to find happiness.

"Shared my body and my life with you

That's way over now

There's not more a mind can do

You're so famous now"

She's referencing how it's been years since they were together, yet she still can't move on. Now that he's dead, he's literally famous to her. Everything she does reminds her about him. Weather it be the moon, guitars, or the color blue. The death ingrained him into her mind, making him a famous legend in her life. We also know Lana calls people she looks up too legends. Ex. Jane Powers

"I got your Bible and your gun

And you love to party and have fun

And I love your women and all of your heroin

And I'm so happy now that you're gone"

I imagine if Rob was as important to Lana as she exclaimed, then I imagine it works vice versa. What if she's being literal. Did he shoot? Was he religious? Did he leave Lana in his will? She realized, they were over but she was happy all these lovers he had post Lana made him happy. But now that he OD'ed she's even more happy because he's in a better place & he's resting.

"Put my little red party dress on

Everybody knows that I'm a mess, I'm crazy, yeah

Get a little bit of Bourbon in ya

Go a little bit suburban and go crazy, yeah

Because you're young, you're wild, you're free

You're dancing circles around me

You're fucking crazy

You're crazy for me"

I feel like the chorus of Cruel World is essentially a flashback. Particularly to the time she spent with him! I feel his death greatly impacted this album. In 2012 she had to deal with a bunch of backlash but I feel what really did her in was his death. Without her muse she probably didn't Know what to be or do. Hence why she thought of quitting. I feel Ultraviolence was her dealing with his loss & feeling anger towards him for even doing drugs. She expressed it the only way she knew how, a rock album essentially. She even met him through her friend who was in a rock band. If he loved Rock I bet if anything she did this album for him, that way she knew he'd love it. We knew he did drugs, we know the colors of his tattoo. We know he loved the moon. What if her lyrics & colors aren't as abstract as we think?

If anything honeymoon is about him too.

If we pay attention to her tour visuals, we can see honeymoons background is essentially a red moon. He loved moons & well the infamous "dark blue". Could it reference his tattoo "ink blue"?

Who knows!?

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

To connect the fact that she always sings about the same person I'm gonna analyze Cruel World. Doing bel Air later

"Shared my body and my mind with you

That's all over now

Did what I had to do

'Cause you're so far past me now"

She had a very intimate relationship with Rob & never really moved on. Now, she had started to date, Barrie, & knew she needed to let go in order to find happiness.

"Shared my body and my life with you

That's way over now

There's not more a mind can do

You're so famous now"

She's referencing how it's been years since they were together, yet she still can't move on. Now that he's dead, he's literally famous to her. Everything she does reminds her about him. Weather it be the moon, guitars, or the color blue. The death ingrained him into her mind, making him a famous legend in her life. We also know Lana calls people she looks up too legends. Ex. Jane Powers

"I got your Bible and your gun

And you love to party and have fun

And I love your women and all of your heroin

And I'm so happy now that you're gone"

I imagine if Rob was as important to Lana as she exclaimed, then I imagine it works vice versa. What if she's being literal. Did he shoot? Was he religious? Did he leave Lana in his will? She realized, they were over but she was happy all these lovers he had post Lana made him happy. But now that he OD'ed she's even more happy because he's in a better place & he's resting.

"Put my little red party dress on

Everybody knows that I'm a mess, I'm crazy, yeah

Get a little bit of Bourbon in ya

Go a little bit suburban and go crazy, yeah

Because you're young, you're wild, you're free

You're dancing circles around me

You're fucking crazy

You're crazy for me"

I feel like the chorus of Cruel World is essentially a flashback. Particularly to the time she spent with him! I feel his death greatly impacted this album. In 2012 she had to deal with a bunch of backlash but I feel what really did her in was his death. Without her muse she probably didn't Know what to be or do. Hence why she thought of quitting. I feel Ultraviolence was her dealing with his loss & feeling anger towards him for even doing drugs. She expressed it the only way she knew how, a rock album essentially. She even met him through her friend who was in a rock band. If he loved Rock I bet if anything she did this album for him, that way she knew he'd love it. We knew he did drugs, we know the colors of his tattoo. We know he loved the moon. What if her lyrics & colors aren't as abstract as we think?

If anything honeymoon is about him too.

If we pay attention to her tour visuals, we can see honeymoons background is essentially a red moon. He loved moons & well the infamous "dark blue". Could it reference his tattoo "ink blue"?

Who knows!?

I really don’t think CW is about Rob. Most of UV has been clearly interpreted as Barrie-related but maybe she could’ve weaved past relationships into the songs as well

Fuck I forgot about that Lol! But I see what you mean

Ya I mean we don’t know for sure that Barrie did heroin so she could’ve had Rob in mind for that but the rest of the song is about Barrie? Who knows it’s all a fucking mystery but it’s definitely fun to speculate. I need Lana to share her story eventually...even if it’s 20 years from now

Ya I mean we don’t know for sure that Barrie did heroin so she could’ve had Rob in mind for that but the rest of the song is about Barrie? Who knows it’s all a fucking mystery but it’s definitely fun to speculate. I need Lana to share her story eventually...even if it’s 20 years from now

I feel you there lol!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

On google maps it says Detroit is 2 hours from nevada stemming off of the "2 hours to Nevada" line. could this be true? her mention of Detroit in G&R was always interesting to me

Say what? You can't even fly direct in that time, let alone drive on a black motorcycle. Take it from someone who has spent a lot of time looking at Detroit->Vegas flights lately.

edit: Is this another case of people on this forum not understanding time zones?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.