Sign in to follow this  
Dominikx4

Lollapalooza Paris | 23rdJuly 2017

I'VE BEEN WANTING THIS FOR YEARS AND NWO IT FINALLY HAPPENED. OH MY GOD I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE UPLOADESD IG TLHASDK ATLAETR :mj3:

edit: wait nvm apparently she only sang like.. a single line from PWYC  :facepalm:

YES BUT IT WAS EPICALLY UNEXPECTED I was so happy and surprised it legit took me two seconds to remember which song it was

ZKcaooE.png

If someone doesn't upload a video of the PWYC & Body Electric snippets I'm going to sue

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Girl, y'all gotta chill.

I've seen Lana 8 times and the majority of those songs at each show were probably identical. I don't really care. I'm just going to enjoy Lana and it'd be nice to hear new songs but history shows it's gonna be primarily the same songs. I guess she's the one artist who doesn't get bored of her songs. Good for her lmao. Bad for us. 

Usually artists themselves want to change up the setlist dramatically. I'm confused as to why she doesn't want to switch out songs. But then again maybe she's just comfortable singing the same songs, she's gotten (lazy)? 

My point is, y'all knew this would happen... she's a creature of habit.

Just learn to love that setlist so you're never disappointed! Hahahaha.

Thankfully, I love all those songs so I wouldn't care too much.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

So Anne and me werent frontrow, but it was great anyway. I am really gonna miss Lolla!

Big shoutout to @annedauphine @Amadeus and all the other amazing guys we've met at the festival! I literally cannot imagine going to a Lana show anymore without the two amazing ladies from Norway for example - and now I am extremly hyped for the Oya Festival in August

image.png

I'm a little sad about this set list, but it was expected that she sang BTD's songs, and btd ofc, she said before that she didn't felt like singing Born To Die with the american flag on the back so for me that was a spoiler that she was singing this song anyway, and also I think the stage looked more pretty without the flag, the way they did the stage was pretty for a festival.

Idk if I'll make the effort to see her close if she comes to Lollapalooza Brasil next year... I wanted more songs from L4L and Ultraviolence.

Btw if she's not doing a tour she should at least change a little of her setlists, but at the same time I understand if she can't take off some of the older songs from BTD because it's a festival and people who don't follow her wants to listen to her older songs... meh I'm still salty about her not doing tours, at least I got to go to her first tour here in Brasil  :toofunny:

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

Wait, did people really get a meltdown over the setlist?? rip.

Guys let's be honest that no way she would already play new songs... It gives me Endless Summer throwback with "My band rehearsed the new songs but they're not allowed to play it yet" & also looking back at Paradise Tour here in Brazil, she asked the band to play OTTR & Dark Paradise and they couldn't cuz they didn't set up for that, she did it acapella.

Probably she didn't do any new "rehearsal", idk why people get Mad over the fact she "didn't change" a lot and call it "Born to die tour 6.0". Paradise tour back then was like "easy" since she just the re-release of Born To Die, and she added covers & stuff to pack the setlist with different songs.

Endless Summer was meant to "support" ultraviolence but at same time it turned into a "simple national tour" across America only. She did 5 songs from the record (while others were performed before the official tour If I remember) but there were rumors that she wasn't "FEELING IT" to perform the Ultraviolence songs (and that was also part of "why" putting unreleased songs like Serial Killer in. But to be honest, it's cool to imagine something like this Live).

And then the Festival Tour that turned into a harder situtation: People on festivals would probably like more of her old material than the new, it wasn't even an "Official Tour" for Honeymoon. I don't think she tried to fit the record or anything.

I really hope this time she'll put out a "Lust For Life World Tour" or something, and then she'll put most the new songs in. If she comes with a new "official tour" and then keep just doing old songs from BTD... then it will be a mess :laugh: 

And then the Festival Tour that turned into a harder situtation: People on festivals would probably like more of her old material than the new

I'd never thought about it this way, but I guess that a substantial part of festival audiences are not there chiefly for Lana-- so, there's probably this good portion who are just casual fans and want to hear material they're familiar with. Thus, it's probably smart (if not the most pleasing for all the hardcore stans) for her festival setlists to be based primarily around hits and an album that's arguably her most well-known with the general public (BTD), with a couple deeper cuts sprinkled in for any major fans in attendance.  As @MrLunknown also said, it will be a total mess if she plays setlists like this on a LFL tour-- but, I daresay her festival approach is pretty wise: cater to the masses of casual fans, give a little bit for the minorities of the hardcore fans, and provide a mix of tracks that may draw unfamiliar listeners deeper into her catalog. 

o4qjp4j.png

she has all the time in the world to rehearse new songs. i will never understand why she doesn't. she seems incredibly committed to going into the studio on a regular basis and jamming with her pals for personal side projects, so why can't she prepare for her live shows? she even said she feels weird about performing BTD songs after so many years, so what gives?? i'm so happy with everything else this era but i really thought this aspect would change as well...

let me be who i'm meant to be