partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Do we know if she recorded the entire covers album and then scrapped it? or did she just record a couple songs and forgot about it lol?

im just hoping there is a studio wicked game cover out there somewhere

i think there was a covers album as summertime existed but i dont know, i think she recorded a lot of covers and only finished 3

Edited by cranekiss
realized this was a lana thread and not the sky ferreira thread

14 hours ago, paris texas said:

when they all leak but they're all patrick warren edits

It's giving MATD Greece 2020 Power and Control leak 

If you were there, it was MOMENT

12 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

BROOOO, memory unlocked! I wasted my poor parents money asking for this :trisha: all of the bendy sticks dried out and I wasn't patient enough to #create

You have memories from your childhood?

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

Just now, blackpalmtrees said:

I still don’t understand what Rock Candy Sweet is/was

Was it Blue Banisters before they changed the title, a complete seperate project, just a album concept… someone enlighten me

it was an album as far as we know but it also was a song, which was og titled "loved u then and now"

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

4 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

it was an album as far as we know but it also was a song, which was og titled "loved u then and now"

So did it then later develop into Blue Banisters with the title track (LYTAN/RCS) being cut out? I’m so curious abt the album tracklist 

6 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

So did it then later develop into Blue Banisters with the title track (LYTAN/RCS) being cut out? I’m so curious abt the album tracklist 

afaik blue banisters is a whole different song than RCS but RCS was cut out according to insiders

and i don't seem to mind

28 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Was it Blue Banisters before they changed the title, a complete seperate project, just a album concept… someone enlighten me

Boz said rock candy sweet was just a phrase Lana liked and that phrase was from Loved you then and now (a song from cotcc)

Rock candy sweet was also the og title of blue banisters (album) as we all know but the tracklist was a bif different and loved you then and now was on it at some point but she scrapped it again (she changed the tracklist MANY times according to boz)

So we don't even know if there's a song called Rock Candy Sweet

From what I understood from boz's words

I guess there's not

Maybe she changed the song title (loved you then and now) to rock candy sweet at one point but who knows

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

lana when she wants to put an unreleased song on an album but no one uploaded it to youtube

and i don't seem to mind

15 minutes ago, ruined said:

Boz said rock candy sweet was just a phrase Lana liked and that phrase was from Loved you then and now (a song from cotcc)

Rock candy sweet was also the og title of blue banisters (album) as we all know but the tracklist was a bif different and loved you then and now was on it at some point but she scrapped it again (she changed the tracklist MANY times according to boz)

So we don't even know if there's a song called Rock Candy Sweet

From what I understood from boz's words

I guess there's not

Maybe she changed the song title (loved you then and now) to rock candy sweet at one point but who knows

But all of her albums have title tracks (paradise is an ep) so maybe threre was a song called rock candy sweet but it's not the same song as loved u then and now (or it's the same song) :stareney2:

34 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

From what BoZ said, RCS is a line from Loved You Then and Now, that was on the original tracklist of Chemtrails and then was supposed to be on the next album. RCS, from what we know, had many different tracklists that changed overtime. Fine China, I can Fly and Wild One were all considered at some point. 
my speculation is that she wanted to have a new album made of outtakes from previous eras, with a couple of new songs (which seems to have been created when she was recording her cover album). But I guess she kept going at it and recorded new ones she loved too much, therefore putting aside some outtakes. 
we also know that Barrie contacted her to have Riverside on his album and she asked him if she could use four songs that they did together in the UV era (Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, If You Lie Down With Me - which was only a demo at the time- and Summer Wine).

i do wonder when did she meet Drew in the process… Was it while recording her cover of Buddy’s Rendezvous or had she met him prior to that? One thing is for sure: their meeting sure changed the direction of RCS / BB. 

1 minute ago, ruined said:

But all of her albums have title tracks (paradise is an ep) so maybe threre was a song called rock candy sweet but it's not the same song as loved u then and now (or it's the same song) :stareney2:

To me, and it’s only speculation, the RCS /

BB album always was about telling her own story, in her own words. So maybe the line RCS refers to her, in the title? (She is sweet like rock Candy- like in WCE ) As far as we now, there is no song called Rock Candy Sweet. But maybe the line was in another track as well, making it the album title? 
true, all of her albums have a title track; but that album is so weird in its creation timeline (she was recording covers, began recording new songs, wanted them on an album, tossed aside the cover album, considered many outtakes from previous eras on the new LP, continued recording, tossed aside many outtakes, had a « clearer » vision of what the story was about…) that I’m not even sure that the usual title track was supposed to be a thing at first… 

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

To me, and it’s only speculation, the RCS /

BB album always was about telling her own story, in her own words. So maybe the line RCS refers to her, in the title? (She is sweet like rock Candy- like in WCE )

Yes you're absolutely right

Cause boz also said RCS just turned into BB and it wasn't a very much different album (unlike LFL for example) so it was always about telling her own story in her own words. A revenge album

that's why she revealed the title (RCS) right after responding to that bullshit criticism in march 2021

Spoiler

And another thing is

RCS/BB was an album she always wanted to make in her career and also an album that I personally strongly believe she wanted to release between NFR and COTCC or at the same time as COTCC like a double album

(Not necessarily the exact same BB we have now with same songs and the outtakes from previous eras but you know what I mean. An album that tells her own story in her own words. A revenge album)

Because we all know even before that bullshit criticism (meaning before releasing COTCC) she was planning to make a revenge album and tell her own story in her own words (because of the blacklash she received from QFTC)

Not only back then. But she was also planning that album even before the blacklash she received from QFTC. Meaning before even posting QFTC.

That's literally what she meant in QFTC first post even before receiving any blacklash

"I'm sure there will be tinges of what I've been pondering in my new album that comes out september 5th"

which is obviously not COTCC. I mean look at the lyrics of each track. Like I know we have DBJAG but you know what I mean

So it's safe to say RCS/BB or whatever it was at that time was supposed to come out between NFR and COTCC. Or at the same time as COTCC. Like a double album.

And about the BB we have now

I'm sure the blacklash she received from QFTC and from mesh mask and posting the BLM protesters faces on insta and her non-black friends on COTCC album cover and that bullshit criticism right after releasing COTCC fueled the fire in her much more and also changed the og RCS/BB album overall to what it is now

(maybe the album we have now is angrier but fueling the fire in an artist doesn't always make the album more angry so maybe the og album was angrier and full revenge and also a lot more revealing than the personal things in her life that she already talked about in the album we have now.

Or maybe she just simply changed her vision and mind)

BOZ also said the culture will be questioned again in some of the DYKTTATOUB tracks so maybe we're gonna get what we were gonna get a long time ago :hottie:

(New songs of course. He said no outtakes)

And remember how the queen herself described the album:

Angry and wordy :hottie:

I think Rock Candy Sweet was initially going to be her first full length record without a title track, with the title of the album being inspired by a lyric instead. For whatever reason, she had second thoughts about the track in general or wanted to put better songs on it and the record became Blue Banisters as we know it today. I'm sure that we'll hear Loved You Then and Now eventually, but BoZ said it's not that good. We potentially dodged a bullet.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, Fingertips said:

I think Rock Candy Sweet was initially going to be her first full length record without a title track, with the title of the album being inspired by a lyric instead. For whatever reason, she had second thoughts about the track in general or wanted to put better songs on it and the record became Blue Banisters as we know it today. I'm sure that we'll hear Loved You Then and Now eventually, but BoZ said it's not that good. We potentially dodged a bullet.

I used to pray and manifest a lot for Loved you then and now… until BoZ hinted it wasn’t all that, that it was very stripped back. I don’t hate COCC at all, but it might not be ready yet to hear one of its outtake haha. I want the bigger production of this album first.