partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Just now, cranekiss said:

what do you guys think the songs revealed by honeymouns are for? do you guys think theyre for tropico/uv?

for those who don't know here's the titles revealed:

80s Baby

Connection

The Devil

Madly

he also mentioned "several UV demos" but didn't specifically say these titles were tropico/UV era

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Ocean Blvd could have been her best album if it wasn’t produced by Jack Anton Off with his muted and generic instrumentals that he keeps recycling. I’m tired of Lana and him sabotaging what could have been a 10/10 record.

The recent leaks like Earthquakes and LMLYLAW demo CLEAR Cumtrails and Ocean Blvd with ease… UV was truly her artistic peak. NFR is a close second and Jack should have stopped there. 

Melancholia - Mixtape tracklist:

1. Melancholia

2. Your Girl

3. Unidentified Flying Bill (feat. Barrie-James)

4. Earthquakes

5. Wild One

6. The Good Life

7. Life Is Beautiful (2014 Version)

8. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

9. Cult Leader

10. Dragonslayer

11. I Talk To Jesus

12. Lake Placid

13. Big Eyes (Demo)

14. Pink Champange (Demo)

15. Black Beauty (Demo)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Lust for Life Witchy album leak when?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

44 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Ocean Blvd could have been her best album if it wasn’t produced by Jack Anton Off with his muted and generic instrumentals that he keeps recycling. I’m tired of Lana and him sabotaging what could have been a 10/10 record.

The recent leaks like Earthquakes and LMLYLAW demo CLEAR Cumtrails and Ocean Blvd with ease… UV was truly her artistic peak. NFR is a close second and Jack should have stopped there. 

It's not, clearly you're the one with a bad tatse. :smokes:

52 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

earthquakes is shit, she sounds dehydrated 

19 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

It's not, clearly you're the one with a bad tatse. :smokes:

Pink Champagne does in fact eat up the new album with the production alone save for Candy Necklace

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

1 hour ago, blackpalmtrees said:

The recent leaks like Earthquakes and LMLYLAW demo CLEAR Cumtrails and Ocean Blvd with ease… UV was truly her artistic peak

You're absolutely right and you should say it, there is a very obvious drop in quality since those days but not all stans wanna hear it.

I didn't think you could make such a boring song that is lmlylaw sound good but the UV era was just... on another level 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really hope that some day some Lana stans understand that Lana will continue making piano ballads or stripped down music no matter who the producer/collaborator is, if that is what she wants. She already brought in Mike Dean(primarily a hip-hop producer) and Jon Batiste(jazz/pop) and the songs still ended up being piano ballads. 

Just now, LifeOnMars said:

I really hope that some day some Lana stans understand that Lana will continue making piano ballads or stripped down music no matter who the producer is, if that is what she wants. She already brought in Mike Dean(primarily a hip-hop producer) and Jon Batiste(jazz/pop) and the songs still ended up being piano ballads. 

It’s not about them being piano ballads. Old Money is a piano ballad and it’s stunning. It’s warm and has soul. Some recent piano songs are lacking the emotional quality. I love Candy Necklace too. I still enjoy the new music but I will not abandon the notion that overall, her old work had better instrumentation and created a beautiful atmosphere more so than recent work. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over