partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Just now, CinnamonGay said:

No :facepalm: she mumbles more in PC.

Wouldn’t you say it’s more clear though? Her voice sounds a lot louder to me compared to the vocals on Kintsugi for example (which I love by the way! It’s a beautiful song, but it’s muted)

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

UV era had bad lyrics. Let's not get too carried away.:teehee:

Just now, fine china said:

Wouldn’t you say it’s more clear though? Her voice sounds a lot louder to me compared to the vocals on Kintsugi for example (which I love by the way! It’s a beautiful song, but it’s muted)

It's louder. But also tons of reverb added to it. 

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

It's louder. But also tons of reverb added to it. 

That is true, I think I just prefer that vocal style more combined with the atmosphere the older songs have. 

8 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I really hope that some day some Lana stans understand that Lana will continue making piano ballads or stripped down music no matter who the producer/collaborator is, if that is what she wants. She already brought in Mike Dean(primarily a hip-hop producer) and Jon Batiste(jazz/pop) and the songs still ended up being piano ballads. 

I love piano ballads when it's made authentic, my second favourite from OB is Candy Necklace. It's not about piano ballads. The problem here is the is inadequacy of Jack's production skills on Lana's songs. Plus I don't want hip-hop or pop era either:eyeroll3: 

Just now, fine china said:

That is true, I think I just prefer that vocal style more combined with the atmosphere the older songs have. 

Imo her voice is at her best in OB. She's incorporating alot more technique and her voice is stronger than ever.  

Another Good example is You'll Never Walk alone or Summertime Gershwin version.  

She's reached perfection in terms of tone.

It's more rounded and she has better projection compared to BTD-LFL era

She sounds like she's drunk and about to pass out on Earthquakes; let's stop lying to ourselves because that song isn't even better than the Interludes

Anyways! Can't wait for the Candy Necklace video :hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

whats funny about people using old demos to drag her newer songs is if any of the new songs leaked as old demos, evwrypne would be eating them up crying about how theyre better than anything shes ever released. if fingertips was an old demo the haters would say its her best song ever 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Imo her voice is at her best in OB. She's incorporating alot more technique and her voice is stronger than ever.  

Another Good example is You'll Never Walk alone or Summertime Gershwin version.  

She's reached perfection in terms of tone.

It's more rounded and she has better projection compared to BTD-LFL era

I will have to disagree with you on that. Still love the music though! 

I think comparing Pink Champagne with Ocean Blvd is like comparing apples and oranges, tbh. Pink Champagne was Lana writing from a much younger perspective, clearly not 2022 Lana. 

Pink Champagne should have been on UV. I don’t see any other album, with their respective vibes, where it would have fitted. It was a misstep, to take that demo and to rework it to fit the peaceful vibes of COCC. 

However, Ocean Blvd is so incredible that even though we love some UV demos, I won’t forsake my beloved OB because of them :cryney2:

1 minute ago, wilting daisy said:

whats funny about people using old demos to drag her newer songs is if any of the new songs leaked as old demos, evwrypne would be eating them up crying about how theyre better than anything shes ever released

I can assure you I wouldn’t think that! It’s more about the production elements for me. I want to feel surrounded by the song and more recent Lana songs don’t have that same effect for me. That’s all. 

1 hour ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Lust for Life Witchy album leak when?

never i'm afraid

guys an insider from leaked cx is coming here... leaknuary 2.0?

YylzHyi.png

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

5 minutes ago, fine china said:

I will have to disagree with you on that. Still love the music though! 

agreed, her falsetto is beautiful and more developed than ever but the rest of her voice isn’t showcased anymore- we haven’t heard her full vocal tone in years besides mixed voice. 

1 hour ago, blackpalmtrees said:

The recent leaks like Earthquakes and LMLYLAW demo CLEAR Cumtrails and Ocean Blvd with ease… UV was truly her artistic peak. NFR is a close second and Jack should have stopped there. 

I mean Earthquakes is really good melody wise but lyrics… it would be horrible if she decided to release a song that says she wants to die in an earthquake. Especially after millions of people affected by one recently and hundreds of thousands died under rubble waiting for help.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

agreed, her falsetto is beautiful and more developed than ever but the rest of her voice isn’t showcased anymore- we haven’t heard her full vocal tone in years besides mixed voice. 

She belts alot more now :wub: and more vocal runs.

I think that we can all agree that commenting on Lana's music is one of the reasons this forum exists. I really like it when we all talk about our opinions and different perspectives in a civil way . So I don't think that we should dismiss talking about these subjects . I really like to see how everyone is interpreting the new album and her older work. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

i dont get how people blame lana's current production and musical direction on jack when bb didn't have jack and she still went for mellow wordy songs. and like the fact that fans love outtakes til they get released. obviously some of you just can't enjoy things. and i'm not surprised everyone is starting to turn on this album bc thwy always do. i just didn't expect it to happen so quickly. anyway, i like lana's old aongs and her new songs and it would be boring and inauthentic if she simply made the same music for 13 years. lets just enjoy the process. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif