partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

On 1/2/2023 at 6:34 AM, Surf Noir said:

i may be opening another can of worms by discussing this but...

HAMVpSO.png

we all know there's guns and roses lyrics here, but look at the side-panel, the word on the top that looks more bold really looks like "tropico"

let me try to decipher what those other 13 lines of writing may say

1. can't tell, but looks like 2 words

2. can't tell too much with this one, it looks it starts with a "Z" perhaps?

3. maybe starts with a "P", looks like three words, the word in the middle looks like "a", the last word looks like it ends with a "t" so "P____ a ___t"? party a lot? probably not that, but it's really hard to tell

4. looks like lake placid, but considering that it was a very early title for i don't wanna go, it's unlikely, unless there's two songs with that title, but either way, the first letter of the first word looks like "L", and the first letter of the second word looks like "P"

5. "summertime" or "summatime"? possibly the janis joplin version we have a snippet of?

6. can't tell, could be either two words or one

7. looks like "jesof", could it possibly be "jesus"?

8. can't tell, but it looks like two words

9. definitely starts with "E", looks like it could be "elvis", assuming it's separate from the lizzy grant track because it'd be pretty crazy if she re-recorded it

10. can't tell, first letter looks like it's either "E" or "L", could be one or two words

11. can't tell, looks like it could be one or two words, if it's two words, the second word looks like it starts with "R"

12. looks like two words, the first starts with "F", the second starts with "R", looks like "ficke row" or "fickle row" which doesn't really make sense, i thought it could possibly be "front row" but it doesn't quite look like it, but the second word does look like "row"

13. can't tell, could be one or two words, if it's two words, the second word could start with a "D"

also, this is assuming that that's a tracklist/song-titles, it could just be random words for all we know :toofunny:

now we think its
1. Old Money
2. Black Beauty
3. Guns n Roses
4. Lake Placid
5. Summertime
6. Melancholia
7. (I Talk to) Jesus
8. Pink Champagne
9. Elvis
10. Earthquakes
11. ?
12. ? (Supposedly Money & Power)
13. Preacher

but im here to say its
1. Old Money (honestly I can't tell, but I can see Old Money here, so I'll go with it)
2. Black Beauty (100%)
3. Guns n' Roses (I'd say it could be also Money & Power, but Guns n' Roses looks just more like it)
4. Lake Placid (100%)
5. Summertime (100%)
6. Melancholia (100%)
7. (I Talk to) Jesus (100%)
8. Pink Champagne (100%)
9. Elvis (100%)
10. Earthquakes (100%)
11. ? (I can't tell, but I'd personally go with Nectar of the Gods, I'd also say it could be Guns and Roses, but 3-d spot is more like it)
12. Money & Power (the first word doesn't look like Money, but the second word is definitely Power)
13. (Cult) LEADER (unless there's an actual song Preacher from those times that we don't know)

I tried to fit in the words Mike, Angels Forever (Forever Angels too), Hollywood, Ave Maria, Dragonslayer, The Other Side, Trans-Am, even tried Sweetheart and The Devil,  but none fits to those writings 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

it was 10 years of a tropico ep yesterday…. can we get a spill on what songs were intended specifically for the ep? i remember we were told i talk to jesus had been going to appear on its tracklist but was scrapped

29 minutes ago, Embach said:

I wonder if there are any original Dan Auerbach outtakes, not demos but like new songs

there are not from what his engineer said there were 13 songs and 9 they used, the rest 4 were money power glory and unleaked versions of guns and roses, pretty when you cry and i talk to jesus

on an interview w 411mania, justin parker said by the time of the interview uploading (april 19 2012)- they’d written 12 songs, 5 of which made its way to the album

born to die, video, national, carmen, radio (5) 

; )

unreleased known to be written w him (prior to 2012)

wild one, velvet crowbar, paradise (2011 only as a writer no producer), on our way, puppy love, last girl, dum dum, and maybe ride 

- it is 7 including ride but it could’ve been written later on

- i could also be wrong about wild one maybe it was written later as well

- if we exclude wild one (ride was speculated to be a 2011 song) and include never let me go- a song which is speculated to be actually produced by him, we have 7… 

13 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

on an interview w 411mania, justin parker said by the time of the interview uploading (april 19 2012)- they’d written 12 songs, 5 of which made its way to the album

born to die, video, national, carmen, radio (5) 

; )

unreleased known to be written w him (prior to 2012)

wild one, velvet crowbar, paradise (2011 only as a writer no producer), on our way, puppy love, last girl, dum dum, and maybe ride 

- it is 7 including ride but it could’ve been written later on

- i could also be wrong about wild one maybe it was written later as well

- if we exclude wild one (ride was speculated to be a 2011 song) and include never let me go- a song which is speculated to be actually produced by him, we have 7… 

i wouldn't be surprised if never let me go was produced by somebody else, not steven mertens, obviously that had to come from somewhere, but it just doesn't really make much sense, everything produced by steven mertens was recorded in 2007 as far as we know, it just doesn't seem likely she would randomly produce one random song with him, an ex-boyfriend, at that, in 2010, especially since she was likely living in london at the time and steven mertens was more likely than not still in the states, i believe his name may have been included on a registration of the song... possible a mistake, a misunderstanding, or maybe he was somehow involved in the song but not in the way that we think? perhaps he was added as a writing credit, but i suppose it's still a bit of a mystery...

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

On 1/5/2023 at 9:12 PM, nikkilane77 said:

Taylor Swift fans on Twitter be like OMFGGGGG THIS MIGHT MEAN SOMETHING YOU GUYS 
image.png

On 1/5/2023 at 9:13 PM, Honeyyoung said:

it means it's now eclipse's turn :blush3:

:ajay:

url%5D

On 1/5/2023 at 2:03 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Rock Candy Sweet seems to just be a phrase Lana liked, it seems to be originally stemming from a song called Loved You Then Loved You Now she did with Jack, but later also used it in Watercolor Eyes, but one is not a rework of another or anything. Watercolor Eyes is a song that can be very much considered a BB outtake though, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't made yet when Lana announced the former Rock Candy Sweet album.

:aubrey:

On 1/3/2023 at 9:07 AM, BlackoutZone said:

Never heard about Elvis being actually reworked, but it's a song Lana remembered if that makes sense. Also wasn't it used for some movie a few years ago, that Lana acknowledged as well? They surely used the "final" existing version there

you can leak this now LILAC!!!

Oh yeah guys i was just reading back interviews lana did in 2012 and on an interview w absolute radio on 23/01/2012, lana said she went back to record in the studio in la and new york two weeks ago… just adding… i personally think she either worked on ride or rework of damn you and hollywoods dead

17 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Oh yeah guys i was just reading back interviews lana did in 2012 and on an interview w absolute radio on 23/01/2012, lana said she went back to record in the studio in la and new york two weeks ago… just adding… i personally think she either worked on ride or rework of damn you and hollywoods dead

I think HD and DY were already recorded by the end of 2011

15 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

I think HD and DY were already recorded by the end of 2011

@blackenedrussianpoetrythank u sm for this stuff, i really think she referred to those 2 songs because we know that final mixes of these songs  that were later going to appear on btd, were recorded in jan 2012, from this post 

8 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

@blackenedrussianpoetrythank u sm for this stuff, i really think she referred to those 2 songs because we know that final mixes of these songs  that were later going to appear on btd, were recorded in jan 2012, from this post 

yes, hence why I said recorded not produced/mixed as Chris Braide most-likely independently made these mixes and even if that's not the case they were priorly recorded (mid-late 2011)

8 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

the 2012 HD + DY were Jan 13, 2012 if a more exact date is helpful :) 

38 minutes ago, cartoon eyes said:

the 2012 HD + DY were Jan 13, 2012 if a more exact date is helpful :) 

do we know if Lana was involved in the making of 2012 HD and DY? considering the fact they were uploaded to Sony/ATV and the rumor that the songs were for a BTD re-issue… :eartha2: