Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

also the rumoured “Does it Make Me Powerful” and “Coffee”

where were DBA and MA brought up tho?

sayyestoheaven used them in a caption on insta but never said they were song titles. they were just all capitalized and it made me think they were. but they would be cool song titles.

The only tracks we know for sure for this one is MAC and Venice Bitch lol I think it’s a very low chance to see Yosemite or RBFY or maybe even Sylvia depending on when it was written. Bartender was from this year so that’s a possiblitiy

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Idk what everyone's talking about but I am so keen and I am going to skip every comment that seems negative bc no one is killing the vibe for me this era

:party:

(And sorry if no comments have even been negative since MAC. Im not blaming any particular person or anything lol)

And i have a feeling this is still going to extend the LFL era but be new and improved, no room for risk taking, just pure art.

I just remembered that Chuck made a great music video last year (the one with a man going to the movies? Jesse Jo Stark?), I just wish Lana could get something like that too but honestly, my hopes for a video for Venice Bitch are low. :noparty:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

No, I think they're definitely on the album, the press release that Fader had said that 2 new singles would be released with the album to follow, surely if these were stand alones the press release would've said so?

I totally get what you're saying, because it seems like the logical thing to do, but let's not forget that nothing's ever certain with Lana. 

In the end, does it really matter if the singles are part of the new album or not? Her decision of including the songs on the new album is probably based on her idea of how they would fit in with the new "narrative". And that narrative can change in the process of making the album (like with LFL).

Ultimately she (almost) always delivers. So if these new songs aren't part of a new album, you'll know that something else amazing is coming. 

What she does is great, how she does it is... well... flaky lol

she literally talked about mac and the album as if they're two seperate things during the bbc interview, she didn't even mention the album until annie asked her if there's an album coming soon to which lana replied that yes she has some songs for an album, not mentioning anything about the album's content, she's planning to release in some time but not too soon. None of this makes it sound as if MAC was the start of the album "era" or something like that, all of this felt very different to the premieres she's done for WC or HBTB.

Not saying that she won't pull a Blue Velvet or Coachella and just include it on the album at the end but it's definitely not the "lead" or the proper "introduction to the album" in a way that a lead single usually is.

i76mrxw.png 

I just remembered that Chuck made a great music video last year (the one with a man going to the movies? Jesse Jo Stark?), I just wish Lana could get something like that too but honestly, my hopes for a video for Venice Bitch are low. :noparty:

Lana probably works with Chuck because she's easy to work with. Doesn't mean that the content is gonna be good though, it was fine when she was part of Lana's projects without taking a lead in them (Ride, NA, UV/Freak/Mtwbt, etc..) But yeah Lana and Chuck's visions barely go anywhere together.

i76mrxw.png 

Mariners Apartment Complex (Demo Lyrics)

You took my horny out of context

At the gigaloo apartment complex

i ain't no rag doll bottom twink

I'm the void

The lightning

The cumfest

The kinda vers to make you wanna cum fast

The waters cool, come on

Take a swim

And who I am

Is with you on these beaches

The main bitch

The die hard

Not the mistress

On your knees, baby taste my sins

This shit slaps :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

She literally said that MAC was part of a bigger project, an album, when Annie asked her during the BBC interview. She said that the album was already made and sequenced. She’s just basically waiting for her poetry book to be complete. Not to mention the press release that was sent to music publications said that MAC and Venice Bitch are singles taken from the upcoming album!

MAC will be/is supposed to be on the album. That is unless Lana gets a wild hair up her ass and pulls a LFL situation and changes everything at the last minute.

That said I don’t see that happening because she is so proud and self assured of the work she’s done for this record. There shouldn’t be any doubt whether or not these songs are for the album!

It’s been confirmed both by Lana and her label/management.

She literally said that MAC was part of a bigger project, an album, when Annie asked her during the BBC interview. She said that the album was already made and sequenced. She’s just basically waiting for her poetry book to be complete. Not to mention the press release that was sent to music publications said that MAC and Venice Bitch are singles taken from the upcoming album!

MAC will be/is supposed to be on the album. That is unless Lana gets a wild hair up her ass and pulls a LFL situation and changes everything at the last minute.

That said I don’t see that happening because she is so proud and self assured of the work she’s done for this record. There shouldn’t be any doubt whether or not these songs are for the album!

It’s been confirmed both by Lana and her label/management.

lana is so indecisive there's no way there arent some songs sadly awaiting the cutting floor or being changed if she's sleeping on it for a year once her mood changes.

The only tracks we know for sure for this one is MAC and Venice Bitch lol I think it’s a very low chance to see Yosemite or RBFY or maybe even Sylvia depending on when it was written. Bartender was from this year so that’s a possiblitiy

Maybe Yosemite, from what we know of it, would fit the atmosphere. But RBFY, as much as I love what we heard, I am not so sure. And Sylvia, we have no tangible proof of this one, don’t we, except for the fans reporting it.

Is it confirmed that the 2nd song is called Venice Bitch? As in, Lana confirmed it?

Fader did, based on a press release statement.

lana is so indecisive there's no way there arent some songs sadly awaiting the cutting floor or being changed if she's sleeping on it for a year once her mood changes.

The time between now and release really did worry me when first announced but I’m not that concerned now honestly. She seems to be in a much diff place than even with LFL. Like she seems more inspired and confident in herself and the work she and jack have done. There is always that possibility but with this project I have a feeling it will be released without the nitpick editing of some of the past releases! This album is about her and for her, I don’t see her being too concerned about criticisms or catering to certain people (her fanbase). I see a more concise vision and that being executed regardless of what others say or think. We will see though!

The time between now and release really did worry me when first announced but I’m not that concerned now honestly. She seems to be in a much diff place than even with LFL. Like she seems more inspired and confident in herself and the work she and jack have done. There is always that possibility but with this project I have a feeling it will be released without the nitpick editing of some of the past releases! This album is about her and for her, I don’t see her being to conecerned about criticisms or catering to certain people (her fanbase). I see a more concise vision and that being executed regardless of what others say or think. We will see though!

Especially if nothing leaks. Those never were a plus.

Hope she doesn’t tease song titles that won’t end up on the record, this time around.

Fader did, based on a press release statement.

I see, thanks. Still, I'm not convinced it'll be called Venice Bitch. But, time will tell. :)

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

With LFL, I felt like her hippy dippy happiness was too over the top, and it didn't feel as genuine. I think Lana was really trying to convince people she wasn't this sad girl anymore.

But with MAC, and the way she went into depth about her feelings, she seems more genuine about where she is in her life. She knows it's okay to be sad, but what's important is to keep going forward. I feel like we didn't get that with LFL, which is why I'm more optimistic about this upcoming album.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I just love how one of her best songs has arguably her worst music video :party: :party: :noparty:

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I just love how one of her best songs has arguably her worst music video :party: :party: :noparty:

I wouldn't go that far when OTTR, Old Money, West Coast and Change exist

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e