Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

all that's certain is the lifelong death spiral of the guitars and cymbals and archaic space-age blip blip bleeps within VEnice's bitch that last for 10 minutes long enough for the perfect time to not only create and make a nice cold coffee but also slam chug that bitch hard back onto the counter with the whip smeared across ur face like the dumb bitch monster of october u really are thinking we're all fake deep but it's a lana del rey song from an noncertain album within a noncertain atmosphere n the only certain thing is u just consumed..,, all, them calories.

w/ hazelnut creamer  :thumb2: / 

I really do hope she follows thru with the surf n RHCP vibes tho. Mariners Apartment Complex is too beautiful to not have anything else with it. Kinda like her cover for Some Things Last A Long Time 

UV/Honeymoon

I'm listening to MAC for DEADASS the very first time since VB got released and it definitely confirms that VB is one of Lana's best songs lmfao. I hope MAC is the Coachella of NFR in the exact sense you think it means

4tdWYMA.png

MAC is more personal, and we are closer to the songwriter side of Lana. MAC could be a Leonard Cohen song (no wonder it quotes him with «I'm your man»). 
VB is so sensuous, beginning soft then getting so trippy, like a never-ending kiss. I prefer VB, because it's one of the long stories she tells in her discography (all of her 6 minutes + songs are incredible), and she took a goddamn risk by putting that out as a single. 

With NFR, she doesn't seem to be looking for singles and number ones, but rather to have a solid album that will probably won't be noticed that much with mainstream medias, but could be critically acclaimed. 

If there absolutely HAS to be a collaboration on the album, and furthermore if it has to be a male collab, I would like it to be Hozier. I'm nowhere near a fan but if you listen to these songs which I consider have similar vibes, finding a middle ground with Venice Bitch sound could be PHENOMENAL. Specifically Arsonist's Lullaby. Hozier always struck me as something similar to a male version of Lana... And he's an insanely better vocalist than the dude on TNC that I completely forgot the name of. Offence

4tdWYMA.png

If there absolutely HAS to be a collaboration on the album, and furthermore if it has to be a male collab, I would like it to be Hozier. I'm nowhere near a fan but if you listen to this songs which I consider have similar vibes, finding a middle ground with Venice Bitch sound could be PHENOMENAL. Specifically Arsonist's Lullaby. Hozier always struck me as something similar to a male version of Lana... And he's an insanely better vocalist than the dude on TNC that I completely forgot the name of. Offence

Actually yes, bias aside. I could see this happening what a fit ! 

UV/Honeymoon

all that's certain is the lifelong death spiral of the guitars and cymbals and archaic space-age blip blip bleeps within VEnice's bitch that last for 10 minutes long enough for the perfect time to not only create and make a nice cold coffee but also slam chug that bitch hard back onto the counter with the whip smeared across ur face like the dumb bitch monster of october u really are thinking we're all fake deep but it's a lana del rey song from an noncertain album within a noncertain atmosphere n the only certain thing is u just consumed..,, all, them calories.

im getting this tattoo'd on my butt cheek

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

If there absolutely HAS to be a collaboration on the album, and furthermore if it has to be a male collab, I would like it to be Hozier. I'm nowhere near a fan but if you listen to these songs which I consider have similar vibes, finding a middle ground with Venice Bitch sound could be PHENOMENAL. Specifically Arsonist's Lullaby. Hozier always struck me as something similar to a male version of Lana... And he's an insanely better vocalist than the dude on TNC that I completely forgot the name of. Offence

you're right i'd love a lil pump feature

I understand a woman has every right to do whatever she wants, to me thats what feminism is. But i'm just not on board with the whole "acting more like a man to be equal" sort of thing, it's just annoying seing a woman repress her power like that. Men are fugly so why are so many women nowadays trying to be more like them?? there's nothing wrong with being feminine

What exactly is masculine about a woman in her natural state (that is, without makeup)? She's not in drag. She's just not the over-the-top beauty queen that shallow fans want her to be anymore. Femininity is imposed upon women, so yeah, there is something wrong with that. 

I, for one, am loving natural Lana. She has shed all pretense and I'm happy for how far she has come to be this comfortable with herself. It's not easy. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

@@Clampigirl this is your moment

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I like getting high too.

I like getting high too.

oh bitch that's just me sober catch me double crossed with a heroin needle in my trachea and pure caffeine being drip tubed into my eye sockets and then we can get 2 sum fun

What exactly is masculine about a woman in her natural state (that is, without makeup)? She's not in drag. She's just not the over-the-top beauty queen that shallow fans want her to be anymore. Femininity is imposed upon women, so yeah, there is something wrong with that. 

I, for one, am loving natural Lana. She has shed all pretense and I'm happy for how far she has come to be this comfortable with herself. It's not easy. 

Same, I think she looks better now also. Im a guy so have no say really but I always like women with less or no make up, I think it just looks nicer especially if they already look good. I think when women wear too much make up or everything is too "well done" it just makes them look more false like big eyelashes, eyebrows that look like they were painted on, face a different colour from their neck but women seem to prefer that look so I dont know.

Honestly, we don't even know all that much of anything (what's new  :icant: ), glad she released the two tracks. Hope they're associated with how she mentioned the next one top of next year. Aside from that, more festival performances, more lounge and talk show/ radio performances, worth it merch, and music, wrapped in a cohesive aesthetic. That's all

UV/Honeymoon

(Thanks for thinking of me, @@fl0ridakil0s :hooker:)

You all know how much I love Hozier, and him and Lana together in a song might work. Maybe if it was a ballad, otherwise I think Hozier’s voice might take over Lana’s since she’s singing a bit lighter these days. But I’m thinking that Lana and Father John Misty would be perfect together in a song, and since they’re friends, I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a song and released it one day. :)

But hey, now that I got tickets for Hozier’s tour stop in Stockholm, I guess I could always ask what he thinks of her if I get the chance? :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Can't understand why some of you think the sole fact of "I like this artist" and "I like that artist aswell" makes for a good collab. Artists really have to somehow match each other to make a collab sound good. Hozier isn't bad but I can't imagine that a collab would sound anything but just as forced as BPBP and LfL.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!