Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

God, I wish I was a fan back during the BTD era, by the way people talk about it and remember it, it just seems so exciting and amazing to have been able to witness her rise to fame. I like reading some threads on here and ATRL from those years and just seeing how excited people were for her music. the Lust For Life era was pretty exciting compared to Honeymoon. Well at least the beginning. During the time she released the WM video and after she just let the era completely die.

I was really hoping she would put some effort into this era, because it seemed like everything was planned out correctly during the time she released Venice Bitch and MAC, and then... well here we are months later... still waiting for the damn album or at least some news about it. I really hate that she teased songs like Cinnamon only for her to be taking this long to release anything. I love her but she pisses me off.

God it was suuuuuuch a time! I have vivid memories of seeing the videos being released, one by one, ugh, I'd love to go back and live it again knowing full well I wouldn't ever see someting like that. LOL. Oh those were the days. I feel like a old lady saying this but I remember when Tropico premiered and I get all emotional. How long have you been listenin to her?

Yeah, same. Tbh the l4l era was a mess. And her approach to it was underwhelming. 

Same x2, but then again we get mad and this is just a complete Lana typa behavior. Oh well, what can we do... I'm mad tho bc I can't live off only those songs. Momma pls feed me I'm hungies. HUMILLIATING.......

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

What is Lana’s IG story?

Which one? I guess her way of saying Happy Women's Day. Loved that image w that Mom font.

has anyone else noticed how her "peyote" t shirt actually spells poet

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I’d love to buy some vinyls but I don’t have a vinyl record player I guess I’d do it just to have it as part of my collection. I actually have the BTD album on vinyl but only because my friend got it for me for my birthday. I’m not a big streamer. I know it helps out the artist and stuff but never really got to into it. I stream her songs every now and then. I love going to a store and buying the physical, it gives me a good feeling and gets me excited to get in my car and play it idk what it is about buying physicals that I enjoy it so much lol.

God, I wish I was a fan back during the BTD era, by the way people talk about it and remember it, it just seems so exciting and amazing to have been able to witness her rise to fame. I like reading some threads on here and ATRL from those years and just seeing how excited people were for her music. the Lust For Life era was pretty exciting compared to Honeymoon. Well at least the beginning. During the time she released the WM video and after she just let the era completely die.

I was really hoping she would put some effort into this era, because it seemed like everything was planned out correctly during the time she released Venice Bitch and MAC, and then... well here we are months later... still waiting for the damn album or at least some news about it. I really hate that she teased songs like Cinnamon only for her to be taking this long to release anything. I love her but she pisses me off.

I still remember having to defend Lana after the SNL thing.

What is Lana’s IG story?

her international woman's day tribute

giphy.gif

Pics of friends, Chuck, one of Amy, one of Ariana and a quote saying never apologize for being a powerful woman.

I'll say this once and I'll say it again: Lana's lazy now.

She doesn't care about her visuals or her image (i.e. outfits, interviews, candids, selfies, etc) as she did during the BTD era because she was trying to prove herself at that point. She had been fighting for over 10 years trying to make it, and once she got signed, she wanted to build her fanbase and prove her worth and now that she's done that, she's taken a backseat and it's beyond annoying.

Her priorities have changed. It's just not important to her. 

I don't know, I just think it's kinda creepy to demand a woman to slave away at creating extravagant visuals for our own gratification if she doesn't want to.  :runs:

I’m so bored with the waiting.....do y’all think we will still be listening to these low quality unreleased when we’re 40

That is actually so mind boggling. The fact that I'll (hopefully) live to see Lana's music age 50+ years is so crazy to me. Like imagine the new generation of kids listening to Lana. Is she gonna be considered cool like how we consider music from 30+ years back cool?

That is actually so mind boggling. The fact that I'll (hopefully) live to see Lana's music age 50+ years is so crazy to me. Like imagine the new generation of kids listening to Lana. Is she gonna be considered cool like how we consider music from 30+ years back cool?

I’m imaging listening to meet me at pale moonlight or never let me go in 2039 with my future kids and it’s mind boggling to me too...but I do think she will be cool and remembered in the music industry as a legend

It's sad to say but listening to Cinnamon doesn't do anything to me anymore. Like I did for Cherry and White Mustang, I'm already too used to the song before it's released. And I don't consider myself the one to be blamed. Of course I could've refrained from listening to the snippets, but come on, they've been out for 5 months

honestly yeah the album should be right around the corner by now. This pre-release is actually a joke and the quality of music she’s making with jack, though superb, doesn’t make this any easier. My enjoyment for the singles is waning too, and HIAB is probably the next single and I feel like I’ve heard it a million times already because we’ve had snippets of basically every part of the song for months now. This is a tragedy. This is literally career suicide but,,,, I still love you Lana

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

It's sad to say but listening to Cinnamon doesn't do anything to me anymore. Like I did for Cherry and White Mustang, I'm already too used to the song before it's released. And I don't consider myself the one to be blamed. Of course I could've refrained from listening to the snippets, but come on, they've been out for 5 months

Yeah I've already over played Cinnamon, HTD is also getting a bit old to me. Like Lana damn well knows we don't have control. I'm just sad cause now I'm moving on to listening to In Your Car so it'll probably die out for me soon and then basically half the album is going to feel out of it for me, like it doesn't belong because I know it too well. This happened with LFL snippets and I over listened to them and then the snippet parts felt out of place in the actual songs :poordat:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif