Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I personally find it more of a transitional track (not just bc it's about said car) since it seems to really compliment HiaB real well. Can't exactly pinpoint how, but maybe it's the similarities in tempo, or just tones of what we've heard so far, two cents

True! They complement each other like MAC and VB

I’d love that pic as a cover, it fits perfectly.

no it doesn't. Where's the car in that cover? Lana's covers always should have a car. Preferably a communist tank (jk, I loved this edit)

What I personally love about HtD, aside from the sad loyalty story aspect of it, is how she sings it to us, or sings to the audience, directly. I'm personally thrilled when it comes to perspectives, and how she's singing directly to her audience again, and back to Jim, then back to us, as if she were speaking through her journal really helps guide the narrative of the diff perspectives in the song a lot easier than her others. It's beautiful how everyone's kinda just there in their own heads while she's staying so observant about everyone elses, more evidently at least bc of the song, but then she sings how the men are "getting high as they fight, for the things they hold so dear, and forget the things they fear", like damn, what a joining moment. And even if she slips away like everyone else into her own head somewhere else, that she's still there, acknowledging in some way she's been left behind. It's like listening to someone sail thru a crowd of people, and its just heartwrenching. I'm sure we're not the only ones who've felt this way, right? God and the sheer but keen observations behind it, just like wow I'm floored -Beyonce-crying-gif.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I was listening to BTD again and it reminded me that she usually goes with her title track within the first 2 spots on the tracklist. That could probably put NFR first as the opening track, and what I’d like to see is VB 2nd and MAC 3rd since she ends that track with “Are you ready for it?” And then transitioning into MAC.

Side note, I feel like VB goes better before MAC rather than the way they were released (MAC -> VB)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It's funny how some people are getting tired of songs or snippets. Simply don't listen??? Don't come complaning if you played a snippet 500 times and it gets old to you. What's even the point? You won't be able to appreciate the full body of work when it's out by listening to snippets and released songs non stop. Lana has a wide discography, so instead of staying on the same new songs or snippets, move on until the abum is out

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

This is going to be her late-60s, stripped-down, Laurel Canyon-inspired masterpiece (with a touch of 90s indie rock) and I am restanning. 

I have been trying to not listen to anything recently, though. Want to experience the full album and have it feel somewhat fresh.

It's funny how some people are getting tired of songs or snippets. Simply don't listen??? Don't come complaning if you played a snippet 500 times and it gets old to you. What's even the point? You won't be able to appreciate the full body of work when it's out by listening to snippets and released songs non stop. Lana has a wide discography, so instead of staying on the same new songs or snippets, move on until the abum is out

“Ooh look at me I have self control I haven’t played the cinnamon snippet 3000 times”

weird flex sis but ok

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

good point sis. i’m guilty of going to listening to all the snippets we have every now and then just to put a smile on my face of what’s to come. but luckily i have the self control and i stop myself from doing it too much lmao. i’m trying my hardest to forget how every song goes just so i can experience this album in the best mindset possible. but damn ha for all these snippets! ugh she’s torturing us rirhv8.jpg

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

“Ooh look at me I have self control I haven’t played the cinnamon snippet 3000 times”

weird flex sis but ok

So childish. Can you come up with something else? I didn't even talk about myself once. I just gave my opinion on facts. Don't complain a song is getting old if you played it too often. That's it.

~?~

So childish. Can you come up with something else? I didn't even talk about myself once. I just gave my opinion on facts. Don't complain a song is getting old if you played it too often. That's it.

Girl my post was a joke but... I mean, stay pressedt...idc

Also literally no one could have predicted that the album would still not be out when we’ve had some snippets for an entire year. Like how can you blame people for overplaying them when they’ve been out for so long and we still have zero solid news about the album?

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Girl my post was a joke but... I mean, stay pressedt...idc

Also literally no one could have predicted that the album would still not be out when we’ve had some snippets for an entire year. Like how can you blame people for overplaying them when they’ve been out for so long and we still have zero solid news about the album?

We didn't even know HIAB would be part of the album first... I agree she's taking too much time. I'm not blaming people who are overplaying the snippets we have. I'm blaming people who are overplaying them AND complain that the songs get old. It's nothing but their fault. I overplayed the snippet we had of Hope, but I knew it would be my fault if I was getting bored of it. I wouldn't have complained that the song is getting old because the era is dry. That was just my point :) I don't find it okay when people complain but it's only their fault because they can't control themselves and accuse Lana for putting out the album so slowly

~?~

i want to pour goats blood over her white cotton-blend adidas clothing and toss a cake mixer on high into her extensions to tangle them and unleash the braincells being contained by her nasta almond milk conditioner

Thinking about the time me and @@SlowGinFizzzz were in london back in january getting hyped about the album coming in just over two months... a clown literally a clown

DWYrnNgW0AE-vLL.jpg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

this clip reminded me how perfect she looked in her older LDR videos... she looked like a literal goddess to this point it was kind of creepy lmao i remember thinking she's probably an alien

She was absolute perfection. That was only 7 years ago. A lot has changed in such a short time. 

giphy.gif

it’s not that easy, because it’s not really a choice. Regardless whether we actually make choices ourselves or not, it depends on each individual’s interest, mental strength etc. People know it’s harmful on the long run but still do it anyways, because it’s hard to think about the long run and your future appreciation of the songs when it’s been SEVEN months since MAC was released. What I mean is that it’s extremely easy to indulge in the temptation of playing it “only one more time” over and over, and people can’t be blamed for doing that. she is the one to blame

i want to pour goats blood over her white cotton-blend adidas clothing and toss a cake mixer on high into her extensions to tangle them and unleash the braincells being contained by her nasta almond milk conditioner

a lot of your posts, including this one, read like some kind of surrealist poetry and i'm honestly jealous of the ability to string words together so masterfully

it's just the way i feel