Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Can we all agree that whatever aesthetics the V Magazine shoot is, that will also be the aesthetics for NFR? Since that's the only thing we got to truly sum up the era so far...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Can we all agree that whatever aesthetics the V Magazine shoot is, that will also be the aesthetics for NFR? Since that's the only thing we got to truly sum up the era so far...

Oh my Godddd if the news on Thursday is "Hi guys! I'm gonna be in V magazine!", kms. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

why is this Justice League vinyl green ? I can't see the point with the movie or the promo stuff

The green lantern? Idk exactly but I mean, the colors nice imo

I get what ur saying and would honestly love love LOVE that, but knowing how Lana is I'm not too sure :oop:

UV/Honeymoon

Ready for y'all to come for my neck on this one but.... Hope Is A Dangerous Thing really is my favorite NFR released track so far because it's the most well written and emotionally raw (besides that "shaking my ass" lyric). VB is a close second and MAC is a very distant third, even though I still love it. 

agree 100%. hope requires a certain level of intelligence to be understood and appreciated :umadney: its just something a few fans seem to lack :hottie: 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ok so she literally has like no plan for this album and will have 5 songs out before it’s even released. She is going to flop so hard it won’t even be funny and I think it’s going to be a huge wake up call for her. I hope so at least. I mean it sounds terrible but she needs to flop. You cannot tease an album a year or years before it’s released and completely leave your fan base in the dark about what is going on. It almost shows complete lack of respect for us and almost feels like a big “*uck you”.

I mean honey you do you, but don’t be surprised if your fan base shatters by your next project.

Ok so she literally has like no plan for this album and will have 5 songs out before it’s even released. She is going to flop so hard it won’t even be funny and I think it’s going to be a huge wake up call for her. I hope so at least. I mean it sounds terrible but she needs to flop. You cannot tease an album a year or years before it’s released and completely leave your fan base in the dark about what is going on. It almost shows complete lack of respect for us and almost feels like a big “*uck you”.

I mean honey you do you, but don’t be surprised if your fan base shatters by your next project.

Agree on everything except...it is going to be lowkey funny :whatever2:

doubt she'll care tho

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I'd like to ask her what the fuck is the point of making an album then

she did say when she met with jack she had no plan on writing the next album and things just kinda happened. i see why this era was so lame. i feel like lana is using the whole baddie and poetry thing as a way to distract us from this no plan mess she knows is bad yet plays it off as "kinda fun". even though it feels like lana is losing the "lana del rey" she made herself to be. i just think this era was awfully thought out and she did not think anything through so im assuming next era will obviously be better. 

Why do we think something’s coming Thursday? One of our local psychics?

I was looking forward to the V Magazine shoot, but I just know it’s going to be another vague interview with one of her friends. At least the pics will be nice.

As far as the vinyl, I love y’all’s ideas, but you know it will just be black or white or something basic. She doesn’t care anymore.

I don't really get why Lana is releasing snippets of her poetry on IG. Like most of them comments aren't about the poetry at all, just a lot of stans asking for the album. I wonder what she thinks of this...but it's evident she doesn't care.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Not an uncommon practice these days, to have 4 or 5 songs before the album, sometimes from a 10-song album. However, the pre-era is not 8-9-10+ month long...

she did say when she met with jack she had no plan on writing the next album and things just kinda happened. i see why this era was so lame. i feel like lana is using the whole baddie and poetry thing as a way to distract us from this no plan mess she knows is bad yet plays it off as "kinda fun". even though it feels like lana is losing the "lana del rey" she made herself to be. i just think this era was awfully thought out and she did not think anything through so im assuming next era will obviously be better. 

if there's one  :toofunny:

:ohmy:

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Like I said before, I think NFR is going to be the last "big album" for a while. 

She already slowed down her musical pace, this era of "I have no plan" shows she is not at the top of her game, she takes the time to live, she is writing poetry.

Plus she wants children at some point, and there was the musical with Rick... So, many projects and so little time. 

Maybe LDR7 will finally be the one where we get an unreleased collection from her. We would be edging on the 10-year  of her musical career as Lana Del Rey, many of the songs are already done and to remaster a couple of them would not take that much time. Plus this album could finally be the one that all the fans could be statisfied with, if handled correctly. 

this might be partially true but there doesn’t need to be any plan... she should just release it no one’s asking for more... I don’t think she would’ve kept that joke for more than seven months just to hide that she doesn’t have a plan, especially since she’s the one who decides what plan, if she had realized she had no plan and wanted to fix that she could’ve created one months ago i just think she doesn’t give a fuck about fans

this might be partially true but there doesn’t need to be any plan... she should just release it no one’s asking for more... I don’t think she would’ve kept that joke for more than seven months just to hide that she doesn’t have a plan, especially since she’s the one who decides what plan, if she had realized she had no plan and wanted to fix that she could’ve created one months ago i just think she doesn’t give a fuck about fans

Maybe it's not that she doesn't give a fuck about us, but maybe that she won't let us dictate the terms of this release? She sometimes had to, with the leaks. I'm just reaching here.

One thing's for sure: her work is "safe" this time around and a possibe leak doesn't seem to scare her a bit. 

WHY ARE Y'ALL ACTING LIKE THERE'S GONNA BE A VINYL THIS ALBUM IS DEAD DEAD THE ONLY THING Y'ALL ARE GONNA GET IS THE POETRY BOOK AND THAT SHIT PAPER  :eartha:

if there ever is a vinyl it's gonna be a lovely rancid shade of Poetry Book Paper Yellow  :awk:

it's just the way i feel

if there ever is a vinyl it's gonna be a lovely rancid shade of Poetry Book Paper Yellow  :awk:

or as described before on this thread... "urine filter"

-

i honestly dont even want the album THAT bad okay maybe i do but if she were just to give the cover and tracklist i could live! the album art means so much in my opinion and id love the conversation we'd have when given the tracklist and the meltdowns if we dont see In Your Car

How do you guys think the title track will sound sonically? We have nothing really to go off on our assumptions other than the suggested lyrical content. I can’t imagine it being a soft piano ballad but I feel like it might be?

Judging based off previous V magazine covers, the shoot will have absolutely nothing to do w the album lol

How do you guys think the title track will sound sonically? We have nothing really to go off on our assumptions other than the suggested lyrical content. I can’t imagine it being a soft piano ballad but I feel like it might be?

I’m guessing very uptempo, lyrically kind of playful and jaded. In my head whenever I picture it, I get I Will by Sky Ferreira teas (sonically speaking, not lyrically)

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif