Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'd like to see some pure, fun pop songs on NFR (or whatever it turns out to be), like 'Radio,' 'National Anthem,' 'Making Out,' 'Go Go Dancer' and 'Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight.' I miss her lightness and humor, the clever lines like those in 'Hollywood's Dead,' which seemed to be full of brief but accurate commentaries on what was going on around her. 

I'd like to see some pure, fun pop songs on NFR (or whatever it turns out to be), like 'Radio,' 'National Anthem,' 'Making Out,' 'Go Go Dancer' and 'Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight.' I miss her lightness and humor, the clever lines like those in 'Hollywood's Dead,' which seemed to be full of brief but accurate commentaries on what was going on around her. 

Oh, honey. That Lana Del Rey is dead.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

its mileys and katys eras where they were considered "crazy" by the gp 

mainly miley... katy was just diff but yk...

sub-buzz-3931-1507804953-1.png?crop=399%

wasn't this UV to the GP popheads?

I mean all she talked about was death and fucking numerous industry people and a fued with lorde.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5ccde5445771595341

... Soooo anyway. I think the only way to listen to the songs we have rn to keep ourselves at bay while we wait for the album is to first) delete the snippets from our repertoire, overplaying them is just like overindulging on appetizers at a dinner party: you’re going to ruin the main course! second) don’t listen to the live versions of HTD or Hey Blue Baby since they’re technically not canon and, once again, are likely to ruin the real studio versions & third) only listen to MAC, VB, and HIADT at certain times during the day to prevent them from growing stale.

MAC, to me, is a morning song (8 AM/ sunrise till about 2 PM) since it is bright, fresh, and optimistic.

VB is an afternoon/ early evening song (2 PM at the absolute earliest, sundown/ twilight at the absolute latest) for when your day is starting to wind down and feel less fresh, and you just want a song to lose yourself in and meditate to

Finally HIADT, you can’t listen to this until the sun has officially gone down. If there is any lingering sunlight or any blue sky left (even if it is dark blue twilight) listen to VB. Don’t listen to HIADT until the sky has gone black. It is a melancholy and contemplative nighttime anthem.

And thats that on that folks! I can’t wait for HIAB so we can have another early afternoon anthem, and Cinnamon and “You Don’t Ever Have To” so we can have more nighttime bangers

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5ccde5445771595341

... Soooo anyway. I think the only way to listen to the songs we have rn to keep ourselves at bay while we wait for the album is to first) delete the snippets from our repertoire, overplaying them is just like overindulging on appetizers at a dinner party: you’re going to ruin the main course! second) don’t listen to the live versions of HTD or Hey Blue Baby since they’re technically not canon and, once again, are likely to ruin the real studio versions & third) only listen to MAC, VB, and HIADT at certain times during the day to prevent them from growing stale.

MAC, to me, is a morning song (8 AM/ sunrise till about 2 PM) since it is bright, fresh, and optimistic.

VB is an afternoon/ early evening song (2 PM at the absolute earliest, sundown/ twilight at the absolute latest) for when your day is starting to wind down and feel less fresh, and you just want a song to lose yourself in and meditate to

Finally HIADT, you can’t listen to this until the sun has officially gone down. If there is any lingering sunlight or any blue sky left (even if it is dark blue twilight) listen to VB. Don’t listen to HIADT until the sky has gone black. It is a melancholy and contemplative nighttime anthem.

And thats that on that folks! I can’t wait for HIAB so we can have another early afternoon anthem, and Cinnamon and “You Don’t Ever Have To” so we can have more nighttime bangers

Your point of view is fresh and so interesting! I completely agree with you! For me, MAC is a 8-10am song, VB an hot afternoon/evening song. Hope is a song that impacts way more with nocturnal solitude.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Bitch I'll listen to the tracks whenever I damn please fyi qq5p8l.jpg kidding, partially  :oopna:

I love listening to MAC, an hour before dusk, when everything's yellowed by the sunset, and I get to see the colors fade out to dusk.

VB is a morning song for me, I like waking up early to just collect my thoughts and myself, so I love listening to it during blue hour, that or yeah early afternoon.

HIADT, I like listening to it midday, if ever I listen to it, I feel like it's a bit cliched to listen to it at the dead of night, I'd honestly just get bored and stay awake. Great track I appreciate it, but I'm not gonna wallow 

HIAB is another late morning track for me, when the sun's just out, skies are clear, waiting for the afternoon. That or another sunset song 

UV/Honeymoon

Bitch I'll listen to the tracks whenever I damn please fyi qq5p8l.jpg kidding, partially :oopna:

I love listening to MAC, an hour before dusk, when everything's yellowed by the sunset, and I get to see the colors fade out to dusk.

VB is a morning song for me, I like waking up early to just collect my thoughts and myself, so I love listening to it during blue hour, that or yeah early afternoon.

HIADT, I like listening to it midday, if ever I listen to it, I feel like it's a bit cliched to listen to it at the dead of night, I'd honestly just get bored and stay awake. Great track I appreciate it, but I'm not gonna wallow

HIAB is another late morning track for me, when the sun's just out, skies are clear, waiting for the afternoon. That or another sunset song

People underestimate HIAB but I guarantee when its released the taste is going to jump OUT

On a side note, I think “You Don’t Ever Have To” might FINALLY be the sequel to Old Money we’ve all been waiting for

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Who thought it was a good idea to release the first single for the album 8 months, at the absolute minimum, before its release?  :uh:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

she can keep nfr, ive got wild on you now

This. We all know nothing on that lame record will come close to that greatness, the 4 already released songs certainly can't hold a candle to it