Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The tweet's a response to us saying violets face down on some grass is boring as f*ck

Honestly I just want the album to leak. I want this mess over. Give me NFR and I'll never post again, and she won't work another day. I won't ever post again, it goes away with just one leak. It'll be our NFR.

locals only

Y'all are... dramatic.

Sure, she's not the Lana Del Rey from 2012, but that doesn't mean she's not being authentic. If she wants to wear no makeup, let her. If she wants to dress like a soccer mom, let her. She literally owes us nothing. I think she just wants to be a normal person, with normal relationships. She's said before she doesn't care for celebrity culture.

The tweet's a response to us saying violets face down on some grass is boring as f*ck

Honestly I think most of us were excited to hear about the poetry book at first & we would’ve enjoyed it/been more focused on it if we’d gotten the album first or if she hadn’t told us about the album at all. Personally, I was looking forward to her poetry but my focal point is & has always been the music so while I won’t bash her poetry, I will say I don’t care for it nearly as much as I care for the album. I do understand the anger though cause it feels like the book is what’s taking long therefore delaying the album. Anyway I don’t know jack-shit it’s pure speculation but this is the era of guessing

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Either that or she is trying to write rn and all she can think to write about is matcha lattes, leggings and Hillsong, so she's trying to convince herself and us that it's somehow worthwhile and interesting.

I read it when I'd just woken up and couldn't see properly and I thought she was tweeting something about Pearl Jam's Vitalogy and got all excited. :rip:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I just really want Lana to bring back that “Crazy y cubano como yo” type shit back. Bring back the Spanish, mom, please

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i mean, not that she needs it but she's clearly not grasping greedily for extra cash at this point cos there sure as hell isn't gonna be the interest in the book that there would be in the album. it's integrity from her at least and in a weird way i can respect that

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Rant incoming: I've been a hardcore stan since 2012, loved the vast majority of her output, defended her when she said questionable things about feminism and whatnot, and continuously supported her throughout these years. However, at this point I'm just really disappointed in her, and it has nothing to do with the quality of her music declining.

As an artist, she relies on her fans buying/streaming her music and spending their money on concert tickets and merchandise, otherwise she wouldn't be able to afford multiple houses and maintain the kind of expensive lifestyle she seems to enjoy. She announced that she would be releasing an album "at the top of the year" – well it's June now and there's no album, not even a release date, and we also never got any sort of explanation or update aside from an ambiguous statement on her personal Twitter account and some bitchy comments from one of her managers, leaving us all completely in the dark. And to make matters even worse, she actually managed to affiliate herself with an openly anti-LGBTQ, misogynistic megachurch despite being aware of her huge queer following. Isn't that a punch in the face?

Yes, delayed releases are somewhat common in the music industry. Yes, other artists make fauxpas too, surround themselves with the wrong people and say stupid shit every now and then. But for me at least, this ongoing ignorance, lack of communication, and overall just disrespectful behaviour towards the fans is quite unheard of, and I can't think of any other artists treating the people who made them big this way. It's true, of course, technically Lana doesn't owe us anything. But likewise, we don't owe her anything either. I've loved her music for years, and I still do and want to continue supporting her, but I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep doing that. 

Stream Gimme by Banks and pray to Yosemite.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Rant incoming: I've been a hardcore stan since 2012, loved the vast majority of her output, defended her when she said questionable things about feminism and whatnot, and continuously supported her throughout these years. However, at this point I'm just really disappointed in her, and it has nothing to do with the quality of her music declining.

As an artist, she relies on her fans buying/streaming her music and spending their money on concert tickets and merchandise, otherwise she wouldn't be able to afford multiple houses and maintain the kind of expensive lifestyle she seems to enjoy. She announced that she would be releasing an album "at the top of the year" – well it's June now and there's no album, not even a release date, and we also never got any sort of explanation or update aside from an ambiguous statement on her personal Twitter account and some bitchy comments from one of her managers, leaving us all completely in the dark. And to make matters even worse, she actually managed to affiliate herself with an openly anti-LGBTQ, misogynistic megachurch despite being aware of her huge queer following. Isn't that a punch in the face?

Yes, delayed releases are somewhat common in the music industry. Yes, other artists make fauxpas too, surround themselves with the wrong people and say stupid shit every now and then. But for me at least, this ongoing ignorance, lack of communication, and overall just disrespectful behaviour towards the fans is quite unheard of, and I can't think of any other artists treating the people who made them big this way. It's true, of course, technically Lana doesn't owe us anything. But likewise, we don't owe her anything either. I've loved her music for years, and I still do and want to continue supporting her, but I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep doing that. 

u said it so good omg email this shite to her team

one of the best posts in this entire thread tbh. also.. a lot of these 'difficult artists' people talk about who have behaved similarly are long gone and did this in the 70s/80s when there was no social media. what's deeply irritating about this is she's using social media in order to engage so she's clearly not being a 'hermit' who has retired from public life. artists behaving like this do so less and less frequently because the music industry isn't what it used to be, it's highly competitive, people actually buying music is dying. money is made mostly from tours, so with that in mind it doesn't make sense for her to be touring with the same stale set list she's had for what in the industry is an age now

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

damn if recklessdaughter reads this she's gonna hit the bottle :(

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

what's deeply irritating about this is she's using social media in order to engage so she's clearly not being a 'hermit' who has retired from public life. 

exactly. we know she's active, we know she aware, unless she has something crazy in store for us that will make us all die for her once she releases it, i dont get how shes totally comfortable hanging her fans by a thread for MONTHS knowing that we are one of the most dedicated and loyal fanbases (imo). 

Ya'll what is going on. There's like fifteen different conversations going on at once. Is there anything new?

Nope. Nothing new

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

THE best comment that perfectly summarizes how we all feel.  :xcry: I wanna quote this the next time a person acts clueless as to why people are upset and are actually reconsidering supporting Lana's music. 

Honestly I want to screenshot this and send it to her on Twitter. And we can all RT it.

ETA: https://twitter.com/LanaDelHaiku/status/1136081170699939840 RT or save and post on your own timeline

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream