Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I still can't get over her man... Like for real, imagine if she serves her best album cover to date, her best record, the double music video (with a budget!), then the Happiness music video and who knows we might even get more visuals. Plus the promo videos for MAC and VB! Ugh, gimme some vinyl variants and I am sold. The wait was still an absolute mess but like imagine if we had gotten all of this but in a reasonable timescale. Imagine this era if it was on this release strategy...

17/05 - Doin' Time single release (do a promotional interview about Sublime and confirm new music is coming this summer)

11/07 - Mariners Apartment Complex single release and promotional music video premiere (Beats 1 premiere and confirm an album is coming)

15/07 - Venice Bitch single release and promotional music video premiere (Annie Mac premiere, interview about the upcoming album and tease an announcement this week)

20/07 - Norman Fucking Rockwell album title and cover art announcement

09/08 - Fuck It, I Love You! and The Greatest double single release alongside Norman Fucking Rockwell pre-order (Beats 1 premiere, talk about the album process and touring)

13/08 - Fuck It, I Love You! and The Greatest double music video premiere

30/08 - Norman Fucking Rockwell album release

16/09 - Happiness... music video premiere (maybe coincide with a magazine interview and talk about the upcoming poetry book)

06/11 - a special fan event, signing records, performing songs from the album and premiering a final music video at a theatre

This was the perfect time for her to reintroduce the name 'Norman Fucking Rockwell' to the world, or remind everyone of it, the non-Stans out there, and yet she referred to it only as "the new record." 

Do we think “the greatest” is the in your car snippet or the stronger snippet?

Looks more like In Your Car to me. I actually don't really see Stronger being the kind of song that gets a music video

I really hope that Cinnamon is "Fuck it, I love you" - really the best snippet so far and a track that could hold me over until the album.

what about when it’s the best track and all the others are snoozers like Hope

what about when it’s the best track and all the others are snoozers like Hope

I like Hope but it's not single material, especially not when we are all so thirsty and exhausted. Cinnamon or In Your Car (or the fully produced version of How To Disappear) seem like songs that have a bigger single potential (Lana-wise, not concerning their radio potential ... obviously)

The only snippet I'm not the biggest fan of so far is Happiness Is A Butterfly, but I'd even take that track as a single right now.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!