Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

She's nervous reading it. I thought it was beautiful.

Yes it sure was beautiful, nervous or not. I was just pointing out that she's not the best at reading poetry specifically, but it's still so relaxing :)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Who speaks Courtney? We need a translation.

zHTqlnQ.gif

Is Bellevue a rehab place or some shit?

Maybe it’s “belle vue”? Not that I have any idea what that would mean tho lololol

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

What do we think the uh ... washing of the feet is about?

Biblical reference? Mary Magdalena (who was a whore) washed Jesus' feet and Jesus' disciples weren't having it, until Jesus claimed she had the right attitude and that he should wash her feet instead, because it was a sign of humility. 

Maybe it’s “belle vue”? No that I have any idea what that would mean tho lololol

She has a thing on her own insta about being sober for a year, and she's at the Chateau Marmont, there are roses and one of the tags is #bell

I mean I have nfi but possibly sis had a relapse with drugs or alcohol during that break up, and that's what she's talking about. But it could be absolutely anything because it's Courtney and she rarely makes any sense.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Omg I saw Courtney's post and I thought she got sober after 2010 when she released 'Nobody's Daughter' album with Hole. I don't know the details but I hope she remains sober...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Who speaks Courtney? We need a translation.

zHTqlnQ.gif

Is Bellevue a rehab place or some shit?

I don’t think Courtney has anything to do with that poem but since you asked about her connection with any type of Bellevue

Hours later, Love was carried handcuffed on a stretcher from her Manhattan apartment and taken to Bellevue Hospital Center, where according to Rosenstein she was admitted for treatment of an unspecified gynecological problem. She began drug rehab there and was later moved to a hospital in Connecticut to continue her treatment.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/67163/courtney-love-ordered-into-drug-rehab

That was 2004 so yeah looks like Courtney’s had a few experiences there since then

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

At first, the changed lyrics in TNBAR didn't bother me that much. However... The older lyrics kinda don't align at all story-wise with the new lyrics. The old track was sad and savage: you did it all for fame/ how do you feel it now? I told ya! But now she's like: I just wanna party with you, we were that good. I have a bad feeling that she changed the whole meaning, turning the lyrics from the initial meaning to a sweet, cute, boring one. 

Now I'm completely aware we have not heard even 20% of the new lyrics though, but the ones that we've heard in the snippet are like...almost polar opposites. I'm just praying to God she didn't change that magneficent bridge. Excuse me, my pessimist gene is showing off

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

At first, the changed lyrics in TNBAR didn't bother me that much. However... The older lyrics kinda don't align at all story-wise with the new lyrics. The old track was sad and savage: you did it all for fame/ how do you feel it now? I told ya! But now she's like: I just wanna party with you, we were that good. I have a bad feeling that she changed the whole meaning, turning the lyrics from the initial meaning to a sweet, cute, boring one. 

Now I'm completely aware we have not heard even 20% of the new lyrics though, but the ones that we've heard in the snippet are like...almost polar opposites. I'm just praying to God she didn't change that magneficent bridge. Excuse me, my pessimist gene is showing off

Yeah I hope the song itself will be a story, going from just wanting to party to the relationship ending because he screwed it up for fame 

Which like Lizzy should be able to relate but yeah

locals only

At first, the changed lyrics in TNBAR didn't bother me that much. However... The older lyrics kinda don't align at all story-wise with the new lyrics. The old track was sad and savage: you did it all for fame/ how do you feel it now? I told ya! But now she's like: I just wanna party with you, we were that good. I have a bad feeling that she changed the whole meaning, turning the lyrics from the initial meaning to a sweet, cute, boring one.

I’ve said this before, but I think the new lyrics would be kind of perfect if - and only if - the lyrics are the same as the old version in the second chorus, bridge, final chorus, and outro. It would be like a tale of romance and bliss that leads to resentment and bitterness - all over trying to write the next best American record. It would be cohesive with the NFR theme of artistry, ego, and authenticity as well.

Also, I believe that the fading fame fame fame after the first verse are just old backing vocals they were too lazy to remove lol. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***