Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Also, I believe that the fading fame fame fame after the first verse are just old backing vocals they were too lazy to remove lol.

But she said back in 2017 in the interview with Zane that BAR was about “Topanga” and the yin to the yang of Yosemite. It’s the original completed version, which makes me believe some of the lyrics of the demo will be included - because look at the White Mustang/BAR video. It matches a lot of the demo lyrics.

At first, the changed lyrics in TNBAR didn't bother me that much. However... The older lyrics kinda don't align at all story-wise with the new lyrics. The old track was sad and savage: you did it all for fame/ how do you feel it now? I told ya! But now she's like: I just wanna party with you, we were that good. I have a bad feeling that she changed the whole meaning, turning the lyrics from the initial meaning to a sweet, cute, boring one. 

Now I'm completely aware we have not heard even 20% of the new lyrics though, but the ones that we've heard in the snippet are like...almost polar opposites. I'm just praying to God she didn't change that magneficent bridge. Excuse me, my pessimist gene is showing off

I'm here for the lyrics to go like this: they're having fun and writing for laughs and are in this together but then the evil manz decides to be a complete dickhead and leaves her for fame and we're back on track with the original meaning. Someone suggested that to me a couple days ago and it's such a concept!!

Edit: K I didn't read through the rest of the posts and people think the same thing so yeah!! Lana please deliver us that tale

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

But she said back in 2017 in the interview with Zane that BAR was about “Topanga” and the yin to the yang of Yosemite. It’s the original completed version, which makes me believe some of the lyrics of the demo will be included - because look at the White Mustang/BAR video. It matches a lot of the demo lyrics.

Maybe maybe cause I remember she was singing "you did it all for fame" in the backstage video of wm"

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Do you really have to be from the uk to buy those signed cds :(

Canada now has them as of this morning. Your country will probably have them as well (I hope for you). Just received the email form interscope this morning.

In the official page the signed stuff is UK only :( Cries in spanish :(

Canada now has them as of this morning. Your country will probably have them as well (I hope for you). Just received the email form interscope this morning.

And where can I check this ? t.t in the page I’m looking it just says “UK only” not even Canada :(

a what?

It could easily fit with the post Paradise portion of songs: Hollywood, Starry Eyed, Angels Forever, JFK and Black Beauty, meaning Untouchable 5. Totally reminds me Starry Eyed in terms of vocals and arrangement in general. Imagine Emile's samples in there

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I really hope Lana still keeps the "he was 70's in spirit, 90's in his frame of mind" lyrics in TNBAR because they're stellar 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I really hope Lana still keeps the "he was 70's in spirit, 90's in his frame of mind" lyrics in TNBAR because they're stellar

Should of kept the whole song period

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

In the official page the signed stuff is UK only :( Cries in spanish :(

And where can I check this ? t.t in the page I’m looking it just says “UK only” not even Canada :(

You're right! I hadn't opened the link yet, but it does say it's not available outside UK... So sorry to have given you false hopes :( 

The Greatest is such an Untouchable 5 song I'm gonna explode

Oh wow oh wow, now this makes me SO excited to hear it! A bit over two weeks left!! :excited:

I want to get the UO-version of NFR, but including shipping it'd be £ 47 and that's... a lot for one record.

Same. I stopped by UO in Sthlm and asked if it was possible for them to order one for me cheaper since it's the same chain and store... I thought that maybe the shipping would be less for them than for a normal person... the answer was that they don't do that. :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The Greatest is such an Untouchable 5 song I'm gonna explode

And Bartender gives me such a pre-UV Is This Happiness / Fine China / Yes to Heaven tea for some reason  :flutter: