Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

you should check out pink floyd's discography

if you like straightforward rock, The Wall or Animals

depressive longass stuff, Wish You Were Here

complex, lush, quiet yet full of details, Dark Side of the Moon

that song is honestly the only one i just can't stand her voice

While i LOVE the Floyd promo, you have GOT to be kidding me that you can't stand her voice on IMF. It's one of my favorites by her, especially on LFL.

EDIT: I just reread my response and realized I also stan Summer Bummer, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter  :agree:

I'm not trying to be a hater but what do you guys like about IMF so much? It just kinda sounds bad to me lmao. I really wanted to like it too.

Yeah I feel savage and idk it’s just a bop and also cuz I find the clean version funny

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

coming to this thread to get info and speculation about NFR

LQ06utl.png

seeing the constant LFL slander instead

dymSZIp.png

Imagine the label and her management scooping out all this libel and forcing her to change her instincts because the stans are so ungrateful

- Honeymoon and Ultraviolence are her best records and she will NEVER top them no matter what

- In My Feelings is a bop and the instrumental is so good!

- Venice Bitch is one of the best songs she’s ever made (I say it every day I know) :defeated:

- After hating on Groupie Love for more than a year I now just realized its actually a cute track and I listen to it on repeat. So dreamy :eartha2:

TEA

I'm not trying to be a hater but what do you guys like about IMF so much? It just kinda sounds bad to me lmao. I really wanted to like it too.

Pop Lana is my favourite Lana, I adore the melody, I love the beat, I think the lyrics are ultra personal which in combination with them also being the most explicit Lana has done is fucking hot. It's a hoe anthem. It's my fav gym song. The slow verses with the fast prechorus make for an amazing contrast. The buildup. The very high vocals that go suddenly very low in the chorus. And the belting bridge makes me climax it's just so good, "got my feelings so blue" urgh every single time can't listen in public 

Edit: oh and I forgot - it reminds me in several ways of Serial Killer which is my absolute fav song of all time

ZKcaooE.png

I wrote three whole posts explaining why In My Feelings is an awesome badass song and also Lana at her most relatable but I realized everything I wrote will probably only make sense to myself and I sound like an incoherent bitch so yeah  :hooker: IMF is a bop.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I'm working on a compilation of interviews she did during the Honeymoon era (there's not a lot) and I think I found the reason why... In one interview she was asked why she's stuck with Rick for so long and she explains that he's easy to work with. Even though they disagree at times, he eventually gives in to her vision on a song. He just ends up saying yes. Now, this confirms some of your guys' theories that Lana's biggest flaws in her music is because she surrounds herself with "yes men" and I have to agree. Yes, Rick is great at his job and has worked with her on some of our favorite songs, but since she didn't work with anyone else with a more experimental taste for more than a few songs on the more recent albums, I think that's why her studio vocals have been lackluster since Honeymoon (with the exception of GKIT). I know most of you weren't impressed with her LA to the Moon tour vocals, but during specific shows she had really good nights. I still think she needs to change her set list because even when I saw her live she got lazy during the BTD songs. Maybe she was trying to rest her voice during the show, but still, she should take into consideration what she's capable of and strive to do better.

fuck wig

I'm working on a compilation of interviews she did during the Honeymoon era (there's not a lot) and I think I found the reason why... In one interview she was asked why she's stuck with Rick for so long and she explains that he's easy to work with. Even though they disagree at times, he eventually gives in to her vision on a song. He just ends up saying yes. Now, this confirms some of your guys' theories that Lana's biggest flaws in her music is because she surrounds herself with "yes men" and I have to agree. Yes, Rick is great at his job and has worked with her on some of our favorite songs, but since she didn't work with anyone else with a more experimental taste for more than a few songs on the more recent albums, I think that's why her studio vocals have been lackluster since Honeymoon (with the exception of GKIT). I know most of you weren't impressed with her LA to the Moon tour vocals, but during specific shows she had really good nights. I still think she needs to change her set list because even when I saw her live she got lazy during the BTD songs. Maybe she was trying to rest her voice during the show, but still, she should take into consideration what she's capable of and strive to do better.

Are you late bloomer on Youtube? You're work is so amazing :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

Half of LFL is a stain on her discography. Don’t @ me

tenor.gif?itemid=4483366

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Yes, I am! Thank you :)

are you sure about that