Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Anybody starting to bore silly of the *bad boyfriend and standing up to him and being the bigger person* routine? I think she needs to be banned from saying baby, red dress,...and swearing on songs too. I think Lana is smart enough to come up with songs not about a relationship. On the next album I would like to see fresh ideas and a change of direction.

no one is forcing you to listen to her gurl

how do we know that? she said it?

This is the link of Annie’s show (it doesn’t say anything about lana)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001y5k

According to @@Say Yes to Heaven they announced on the radio broadcast.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Anybody starting to bore silly of the *bad boyfriend and standing up to him and being the bigger person* routine? I think she needs to be banned from saying baby, red dress,...and swearing on songs too. I think Lana is smart enough to come up with songs not about a relationship. On the next album I would like to see fresh ideas and a change of direction.

Sounds like you need a 3 month holiday from here?

Want me to arrange that for you?

I had a dream that the first two minutes of Sylvia were piano only, then she started picking it up with the bridge and she was singing with high notes, and the last two minutes were psychedelic and dreamy.

I don't mind if it ends up being something similar, the song is already good enough and only intellectuals appreciate it.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I had a dream that the first two minutes of Sylvia were piano only, then she started picking it up with the bridge and she was singing with high notes, and the last two minutes were psychedelic and dreamy.

I don't mind if it ends up being something similar, the song is already good enough and only intellectuals appreciate it.

I actually need this song

afaik she hasn’t said anything about a radio premiere yet. Some twink a few pages back said smth like “BBC Radio. 7pm” and now y’all are thinking it be facts.

Well it is facts so. Just keep tuning into the broadcast and they remind their listeners every now and then. We won’t get a tweet from them until the day of. I was the first one to tell you guys Venice Bitch and Lust for Life premiere dates (which lust for life happened completely randomly)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Wish it was coming tomorrow. The BBC premiere is in the middle of class for me1sbf.gif

Ugh same. I always just download BBC radio player, put in my headphone like an hour before, listen to shitty british music for that time, and then listen to song premiere and interview as teacher teaches

One of the defining moments as a fan for anyone is listening to a radio premiere of a new single and the hosts play Video Games while we’re waiting for the song and you know thousands of diehard fans are in the same place listening to her big break and it’s just an odd sense of nostalgia and happiness

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

See my theory is she's a big second guesser. She'll make something, it'll sound or look beautiful, but then she thinks about it. Long and hard, everyday, and starts picking at it slowly. As the days go on her anxiety gets worse and worse until she starts to believe that it needs to be completely revamped: and thats when everything starts to sound bad. She'll get her producers to start switching the chorus with the verse, adding new lyrics, completely dropping some things, over and over until the song isn't even similar to what it first was. When it finally gets to that state, she feels comfortable, because she feels like she worked out all the kinks of something she was insecure about, but the thing is: completely renovating and revamping a song doesn't mean you made it better, and I don't think she understands that. She loses alot of the fire when she rethinks things, because they're no longer natural. I think it stems from her anxiety, which really fucking sucks. Ever since she stopped doing what she wanted and started reading comments and taking in what other people say, her work hasn't been at that same level. I'll always love her, but she needs to trust her first instincts on certain things.

I think the problem is: she started internalizing people's voices/opinions, and stopped working with only her inspiration in mind.

This post has so much power and intelect, WHEW

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

See my theory is she's a big second guesser. She'll make something, it'll sound or look beautiful, but then she thinks about it. Long and hard, everyday, and starts picking at it slowly. As the days go on her anxiety gets worse and worse until she starts to believe that it needs to be completely revamped: and thats when everything starts to sound bad. She'll get her producers to start switching the chorus with the verse, adding new lyrics, completely dropping some things, over and over until the song isn't even similar to what it first was. When it finally gets to that state, she feels comfortable, because she feels like she worked out all the kinks of something she was insecure about, but the thing is: completely renovating and revamping a song doesn't mean you made it better, and I don't think she understands that. She loses alot of the fire when she rethinks things, because they're no longer natural. I think it stems from her anxiety, which really fucking sucks. Ever since she stopped doing what she wanted and started reading comments and taking in what other people say, her work hasn't been at that same level. I'll always love her, but she needs to trust her first instincts on certain things.

I think the problem is: she started internalizing people's voices/opinions, and stopped working with only her inspiration in mind.

THIS. Hate that she let peoples opinions get to her and decided to stop performing Cola ugh

R5sPD4M.jpg

Even THAT is too much to ask for. I suppose we'll get another MV that was intended for totally different song. OFC, if there is a MV for HIADT.

As for the cover, it'll probably be just another potato quality iPhone pic (with plastic bag over the camera, just for the effect).

////

I'm really getting tired of all of this. I mean, I feel like she's not evolving, as in, like she's not capable of projecting her mind/visions and creating a MV. The last time she did that was with LFL (song), and it feels like it's been ages.

Before you come after me, I do get it that this is another era and another aesthetics or whatever you wanna call it, but I'm calling it lazyness.

We all knew it was over when she used the Happiness a butterfly video for Mariners apartment complex sis

R5sPD4M.jpg