Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

As you know, I am a super big supporter of her and she cannot do wrong... for the most parts. My main concern is how long the pré-era is. She started teasing HIaB for almost a year. When the two fan singles were released, I was more than thrilled ... then she began teasing again. I get that she wants to let us in on her project and its « process », but it just says to my mind: the album is coming very soon, which it isn’t. Also, an official release date would be welcome.

But as the « she should just tell us something », we don’t always listen, don’t we: with the first interviews for MAC and VB, she said she wanted the album to be out at the top of 2019, after having published a poetry book. Is it what is happening? Is she sticking to her word? Possible. But that’s the thing: she says something, we know she changes her mind, and we hope she will for what WE expected.

March is less then two months away, shouldn't she give us album cover and release date now? Also, preorder? Or maybe she's waiting to drop the lead along with the preorder, release date and album cover?

That is, OFC, if the album is coming in March.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Can't she just learn from Foals.They dropped their first single today and announced that the album is coming on the 8th of march.Why can't she just do that.

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes."

giphy.gif

I hope Lana is in more Gucci adverts this year (I know Jared Leto has been in some before so..), and I hope we get to see her rocking Gucci in a music video. Did we ever find out if the Lana Del Rey Gucci items she was showing off were just custom made or part of a future line? If she does a collection with them I’ll be deceased tbh. It’s soooo good to finally see such an iconic brand work with her, she is honestly such a legend and seeing her on tv for Gucci guilty... I mean, it’s what she deserves. So glad she’s getting some great recognition this year. NFR can’t come soon enough!!! Ugh

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I hope Lana is in more Gucci adverts this year (I know Jared Leto has been in some before so..), and I hope we get to see her rocking Gucci in a music video. Did we ever find out if the Lana Del Rey Gucci items she was showing off were just custom made or part of a future line? If she does a collection with them I’ll be deceased tbh. It’s soooo good to finally see such an iconic brand work with her, she is honestly such a legend and seeing her on tv for Gucci guilty... I mean, it’s what she deserves. So glad she’s getting some great recognition this year. NFR can’t come soon enough!!! Ugh

Gucci has lost credit recently, 

due to the chaviness of it now.

giphy.gif

Oof this whole ordeal is a true mess. I myself am starting to doubt the March 29th date now. I mean sure, things can pick up in February, but two months to create the album buzz? Will it go work? I don't know.

Like a lot of you said, communication is key. I could hold off from a new single if she just says honestly "hey guys, I don't know exactly when the album will come out yadda yadda yadda".

This era thus far is dry, even more than LFL. At least with LFL we got live performances months in advance, the same with interviews and photoshoots. That's why I'm doubting March 29th, because if you consider the amount of organising it takes with the magazine shoots/live performances for the NFR era, it will be hard to squeeze all that into just two months.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I just try and stay away from Lana at the moment, 

otherwise i turn into a melodramatic rat.

I don't need that in my life right now.

giphy.gif

those are are from the gucci hollywood forever collection

if anyone wants to buy an extra pair of the gucci cat eye shade lmk i have an extra pair but im selling them for $650 lol 

e1s11.gif

Any time I'm early and waiting for something, I just put on Venice Bitch. Scientifically proven to make time pass by quicker

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Any time I'm early and waiting for something, I just put on Venice Bitch. Scientifically proven to make time pass by quicker

Results may vary depending on person

Results may vary depending on person

Nope, 100% accurate 100% of the time except for the people with no taste who hate it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Nope, 100% accurate 100% of the time except for the people with no taste who hate it

I don't hate it, I just don't want to overplay it otherwise I'll end up getting bored of it

Hmmm. That makes sense. If you think about it...After UV, HM was very minimalistic and low budget with videos, with MTWBT being the only decent budget one (even tho it used recycled footage too). And then she came back with LFL. So maybe this time around she has to regenerate funds and the next era will be big again. BAM! I think we solved it.

Ok nvm this makes me reconsider my last comment lmao. What is the truth??? Does she have funds or not???

I don’t think the record label get as much from touring it’s the booking agent that get’s the most. They make money from the merchadise. They probably made a few million with Lana getting some of that. But if you think about the producers, promotion deals, video,directors, paying big artists to appear on the songs.... can cost a hell of a lot. They pushed the album quite a bit. I’d not be surprised if the profit margin was small if any.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance