Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ya'll know when Lana drops the album cover were all going to forgive her for making us wait so long :brows:

Not if it's a mess which it probably will be if Chuck's involved  :facepalm:

Ben is sick of her shit. I feel like he will come thru for us (even though he hates us) and force her to put make up on and look alive for the cover.

:benmawson: :benmawson: :benmawson: Let’s pray to benny :benmawson: :benmawson: :benmawson:

I just want the lead single and album cover. :(

But apparently, even that is too much to ask for. Fuck, I'd be happy to have only album cover. This way we have nothing to talk about, and I'm not sure if she's aware of this, but she's killing the hype of the album herself.

I'm scared that I'm getting to the mental place where I'd really like for someone to leak her whole album and piss her off. It's what she deserves.

Honestly, I'm not even thinking about NFR anymore. LANA WYD?

I think we don’t have any news yet because she really wants to stick to her word: she’ll release the poetry book then NFR, like she said she would back in September. I wish it was the other way around though.

Ya'll know when Lana drops the album cover were all going to forgive her for making us wait so long :brows:

At this point, the « beach picture » would be amazing as an album cover lol

I feel like she'll include the poetry book in a bundle. If not the entire publication then maybe just a little teaser book. That would be cool.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I get the « I lost hype for this album » vibe. I completely lost it too. The music will be amazing for sure, it will probably be the record i’ll Listen most in 2019, but I don’t have the excitement of a pre-release I usually get with her. It was a bit too scattered and dragging on in time.

This is her Honeymoon 2.0 era.

Get ready for a single (with music video) in February. The album art and tracklist along with pre-order late February and then the album to follow in March. Maybe a buzz single in March.

She'll then do a few festivals over the summer and release one more single (and music video) and then we'll get the poetry book late Summer / Fall.

Then we'll be going into LDR7... just hold tight

I have a feeling this is gonna be her best album cover... She seems to have had an idea from the very beginning about how she wanted the record to look, so that's exciting.

LFL album cover was pretty bad purely because it was forced, like when she said that before they shot anything she knew she'd be smiling - I really wish we'd gotten the original album rather than that forced happiness album with political undertones.

It’s kind of sad when basic fan edits are miles better than her last two album covers.

And yes, music over imagery. But visuals were a huge part of her artistry when she first came out on the scene, and it was probably part of the package of what attracted most of us to her. I’m not asking for Beyoncé-level visuals, but at least put in the effort of people like Lorde, FKA twigs, Kelela, St Vincent, etc. I know she wants people to realize she’s not style over substance, which critics did claim in the BTD era, but surely she’s proven that point by now.

This edit showed up on my Insta feed. I'll post it here so it's bigger:

YMmmb1C.jpg

all the colors seem nice and on point, but I feel like Lana's cover will be textless

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Again, don't expect a good album cover 'cause Chuck will shoot it. I remember when I was excited for the LFL cover and I got horrorized when Lana posted it on IG.

gmagik.gif

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Again, don't expect a good album cover 'cause Chuck will shoot it. 

Chuck shot the Honeymoon cover and the majority of her single artworks which I personally love, I agree that LFL was a weak link, but look at the Summer Bummer cover shot by Neil... He obviously has his weak moments too.

Chuck shot the Honeymoon cover and the majority of her single artworks which I personally love, I agree that LFL was a weak link, but look at the Summer Bummer cover shot by Neil... He obviously has his weak moments too.

The cover is the only good thing about Summer Bummer

gmagik.gif

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: