Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

For now, March is definetly the scheduled month and Lana does not seem to have plans in changing her mind about the record. In that instagram live she said it's finished, it's done, and now in the interview as well, which easily implies she does not want to mess around with it

With LFL the story was different, the era started way earlier so she had to begin releasing stuff, even though the album was not finished. This combined with more collaborations resulted in a 2 month delay, so I feel like there's no comparison to the LFL situation even though they are similar at first sight

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I do honestly expect HIAB as the lead with that video Chuck shot... I'm not expecting big budget music videos (she kinda confirmed it wasn't happening this era in that interview).

I don't hate HIaB, but is it wrong to think it is a «weak» choice as a single? Especially after having released Hope Is a Dangerous thing? Something with a bit more pizzaz could be more «single material»... Then again, «minimalist» is the key word for this era, it seems. 

If HIaB is indeed the lead single, I will be so disappointed that she used the same images for three videos. That would be a very questionable choice, and I ain't difficult when it comes to videos (I think Freak is a good video even if it was intended for another song, and i love the visuals of White Mustang though they fit better with BAR). 

For now, March is definetly the scheduled month and Lana does not seem to have plans in changing her mind about the record. In that instagram live she said it's finished, it's done, and now in the interview as well, which easily implies she does not want to mess around with it

With LFL the story was different, the era started way earlier so she had to begin releasing stuff, even though the album was not finished. This combined with more collaborations resulted in a 2 month delay, so I feel like there's no comparison to the LFL situation even though they are similar at first sight

Finally, people are getting over their «She will scrap everything» phase. 

If HIaB is indeed the lead single, I will be so disappointed that she used the same images for three videos. That would be a very questionable choice, and I ain't difficult when it comes to videos (I think Freak is a good video even if it was intended for another song, and i love the visuals of White Mustang though they fit better with BAR). 

lazy, thats honestly the word. im not even gonna be nice here, using the same images for three videos would just be ridiculous and annoying

Should we all just tweet Lana and ask when it's coming? I don't think she'll say anything unless we bug her a bit

I think this is a great idea. I mean, she can't block us all, can she?

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I cannot put into words how much I adore lana del ray. She’s a talented singer, songwriter, and author. She has overcome so much, and hasn’t let it tear her down. She’s truly an inspiration to me and her story reminds me that no matter how shitty life gets, not matter how hard you hit rock bottom, you will be able to pick yourself up again

god-damn.png