Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm in the mood for this album right about now so i'm gonna go find my favorite lyrics from each song/snippet!

MAC: Catch a wave and take in the sweetness, think about it, the darkness, the deepness, all the things that make me who I am

VB: You write, I tour, we make it work, you're beautiful and I'm insane, we're American-made

HIADT: Spilling my guts with the Bowery Bums is the only love I've ever known

HTD: But I love that man like nobody can, he moves mountains and turns them to ground again

Cinnamon: You try to push me out, but I just find my way back in

HIAB: If he's as bad as they say then I guess I'm cursed, looking into his eyes I think he's already hurt

IYC: I believe in a place you take me make you real proud of your baby

I have to say cinnamon has to be: "to keep me out,      I win"

And HIADT: "Serving up god in a burnt coffee cup for the triad"

giphy.gif

im distraught... she said she wants to just beg places to sell it for her then ben said she's releasing it worldwide making me assume its going to be an official mass produced book... then she talks about how she's going to just bring it some to LA shops and have them sell them when she's done binding them (herself??)... then suddenly she's able to ship some to brazil and other places because people asked... girl like is the book being mass produced or are you binding 50 yourself. like if its an official published piece of work doesn't that take a while to plan and have produced? and also won't it take more than $1 to make. how can you just say its going to be a self-binding process and be sold in bookstores around LA then suddenly you are able to mass ship them to other countries? seriously this girl has me feeling either im dumb or she is.

im distraught... she said she wants to just beg places to sell it for her then ben said she's releasing it worldwide making me assume its going to be an official mass produced book... then she talks about how she's going to just bring it some to LA shops and have them sell them when she's done binding them (herself??)... then suddenly she's able to ship some to brazil and other places because people asked... girl like is the book being mass produced or are you binding 50 yourself. like if its an official published piece of work doesn't that take a while to plan and have produced? and also won't it take more than $1 to make. how can you just say its going to be a self-binding process and be sold in bookstores around LA then suddenly you are able to mass ship them to other countries? seriously this girl has me feeling either im dumb or she is.

She ain't gonna do it herself - she's the sweatshop Qween

giphy.gif

Are we surprised? because this just aligns with the mess of failures, lies and confusion of this era so far.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Maybe she's literally binding the books by hand herself and she wants to get it finished before she releases the album which is why it's taking so long  :creep:

But seriously if she wasn't joking when she said it'll cost $1 maybe it's a zine rather than an actual book 

is she ever going to write good lyrics again or is it just going to be random obscure references that no one cares about

?

I'm going to add onto this bc I want to really emphasize how TRASH 19-20th century American literature really is. I loved the visual + sonic 70's aesthetic that she had in earlier eras, but the writing from that era is shit. It's a bunch of conceited white dudes on adderall that were trying so hard to write hard-to-understand literature. jack kerouac etc. is such conceited awful literature. I hope she gets the writing bug out of her fast bc her career is literally going to die if she keeps trying to be "deep" by channeling all those awful writers

sing to me about lollipops and whiskey and depression you beautiful dumb brunette bitch sadlkghlksdhgasghlasghsdag

i've been avoiding LB (and especially this thread) lately bc I hate this era so much. it's so contrived. I hate it. she needs to quit this bullshit. I hope her writing project falls flat on it's face and she goes back to making good music again. none of this "(: I'm a writer girl~~~~~" bull shit. It was cute when you sang about it on Brooklyn Baby BUT HONEY NO ONE ACTUALLY WANTS YOU TO WRITE POETRY omfg

The worst thing about the visuals this era are that they aren't even shot on real film even though thats the look she's going for :/ the iPhone 8mm app is a nightmare a literal nightmare

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

HIAB: If he's as bad as they say then I guess I'm cursed, looking into his eyes I think he's already hurt

:defeated: this will be a masterpiece

https://www.instagram.com/p/BurTUvFnapb/

it was this post i think

I mean it was posted a day ago and they already have more than 1000 likes, plus these are the comments:

"her vibe and how her songs flow. and especially the lyrics"

"the way that she make elementary screams with her voice."

"She looks old money, aristocratic, east coast royalty"

I'm not even paraphrasing I literally just copy pasted em :deadbanana: at least they got cash to spend on fake likes, followers and comments + the spam bots on their site. Whoever is behind this, they really hate Elle it seems :what: Luckily Lanaboards still is better in every way

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

My favorite lyrics so far (good idea):

MAC: “Cause even in the dark, I feel your resistance. You can see my heart burning in the distance. Baby, I’m your man.”

HIADTFESJYECOIEC: “Cause I’ve got monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off. A gatekeeper carelessly dropping the keys on my nights off.”

Venice Bitch: “And as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay. You write, I tour, we make it work. You’re beautiful and I’m insane. We’re American-made.”

Cinnamon: “There’s things I want to say to you, but I’ll just let you live. Like ‘if you hold me without hurting me, you’ll be the first who ever did.’”

IYC: In your car I’m a star and I’m burning through you.”

HiaB: “It escapes from my hands into moonlight.”

How to Disappear: “The waves came in over my head. ‘Whatcha been up to, my baby? Haven’t seen you ‘round here lately.’” Or the line about the guys fighting for what they hold dear to forgot the things they fear